It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Endeavour debris causes NASA to suspend flights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Endeavour debris causes NASA to suspend flights

www.news.com.au

NASA will suspend flights of its space shuttle fleet until it understands why strips of insulating foam peeled off the fuel tank used by shuttle Endeavour.

Endeavour arrived safely in orbit after Wednesday's liftoff from the Kennedy Space Center in Florida though video and images of the launch showed about a dozen pieces of debris flying off the fuel tank during the 8.5-minute climb to orbit.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
A reasonable safety measure to take. It shows how vulnerable the shuttles are to the stresses of lift-off and space flight.

I suppose that there's a few of us conspiracy kooks who would wish that Never A Straight Answer (NASA) would simply unveil what they really have and retire the shuttle for good!!!

The International Space Station is going to have to wait even longer... planet Earth can barely manage to build one space station, officially, we've got a long way to go.

Good luck to the crew in orbit and safe landing.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw
I suppose that there's a few of us conspiracy kooks who would wish that Never A Straight Answer (NASA) would simply unveil what they really have and retire the shuttle for good!!!

Well this "conspiracy kook" has been saying for years that the REAL stuff is owned and operated by the NAVY We naturally want these guys to come back in one piece but if you look at all the past launches they have all had equipment issues

Maybe I will feel up to doing my Navy thread tomorrow. I could at least get it started and add stuff as I go..

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

NASA
delayed the launch of space shuttle Endeavor after nine lightning strikes were reported near the take-off pad.

Though forecasters predicted that stormy weather might delay the launch, NASA had scheduled lift-off for Saturday night. Endeavor is now due to take-off Sunday at 7:13 p.m.

This is the third time Endeavor has been delayed for take off, as two previous launches were canceled in June due to hazardous leaks in the shuttle's hydrogen vent line.

hazardous leaks in the shuttle's hydrogen vent line

tothecenter.com...

Old Rust Buckets

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Good find. It's funny how some members in another thread said they had a strange feeling about this mission.

Hmm...foam falling off the main tank...reminds me of the Colombia

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
What amazes me is they keep using the same shielding system instead of developing a new one. How may times does it have to fail?

Had they looked forward instead of trying to resurrect the dead, new, better craft would be on this mission right now. No doubt Congress bears much of the blame. The idea of spend a little bit now to save a whole lot later is beyond their petty little bureaucratic brains.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
And in the meantime Russia has an assembly line of launch vehicles

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Russia hasn't a clue, they are training for Mars.
What can the Navy do in space.

top topics

join