It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Puppy Left Traumatised After Scissors Attack

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Puppy Left Traumatised After Scissors Attack

news.sky.com

An eight-week-old puppy was left in "unspeakable agony" after his ears and tail were cut off with scissors, a rescue worker has said.

Buckley, a border collie cross Staffordshire bull terrier, was found abandoned in a school playground in Melbourne, Australia, on July 11.

He was taken to a vet for treatment to his wounds and is now being cared for by staff at the Lost Dog's Home in North Melbourne.

Shelter manager Sue Conroy said it was one of the worst cases of animal cruelty she had seen in 23 years at the centre.

(visit the link for the full news article)

CX

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I know animal cruelty goes on all over the world, but every now and again a case comes along that makes you wish for "eye for an eye" punishment.

I would happily dish it out for the scum who did this.

The article doesn't mention anything about who did it, but lets hope they are found and given what they deserve for this...whether that be by the judicial system or whoever else wants to do the job.

CX.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
i would gladly dish out a brutal beating to the scum who did that. poor puppy, i hope they find him a good home.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Im not much of a fighter myself...but I would definately allow certain "more suited" family members to beat that retard up!

And thats coming from someone who really dislikes violences, partially because I endured it myself when I was young

I know it sounds hypocritical....but I really cant stand this *sorry, tearing a little*

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

I do not understand what makes a person think it's ok to hurt an innocent animal.

I'll bet the Staffy part of the mix made them want to crop the ears and dock the tail for that "tough" look. It's terribly cruel when done even by a vet, doing it oneself is god awful!

I want to beat em up, then lock them away. Future serial killer, right there!

[edit on 16-7-2009 by Heatburger]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
People responsible,

A room with a door that locks from the outside,

A friend that will open the door after a predetermined amount of time...Say 2 minutes,

My best pair of combat boots,

Me.

= Justice.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Infuriating. I hope they catch the person who did this.

On a side note, this happens often to pigs on meat farms. The pigs can become frustrated due to the conditions of the cramped cages in which they are kept. When agitated, they fight and bite each other's ears and tails. To prevent the fighting, employees at pig ranches cut the ears and tails off with razor blades or scissors without the use of anesthetic.

It's shown in a documentary (available on Google video) about animal violence and broke my heart.

I also found this article that discusses it (Warning: Graphic Images):

www.goveg.com...

It is inexcusable to do this to animals. Dogs, pigs, cows, etc. I don't understand how it is considered animal cruelty when it's a cute puppy dog but 'just business' if it's a standard part of our diet.

I get so angry at people who can do this to another creature.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
These sorts of actions from people really anger me. I want to do unspeakable things to the person who did this to the puppy. I don't know what causes people to do these things. Last year one of my grandsons, who was six at that time, decided it would be funny to throw kittens at walls. I observed this s few times, and I would sit him down and talk to him about how mean it was to do this. But I just couldn't get through to him. Finally, I told him, the next time I see you do something mean to one of the kittens, I will do the same to you. Well, next day I saw him throw a kitten. So I picked him up and threw him across the living room, making sure he landed safely on the couch. I said, "Did you enjoy that?" Of course he didn't and expressed the same. He hasn't abused a kitten again, at least as far as I know. Was I really radical the way I approached this? I think so. But I love that little boy and I don't want him to take joy in hurting little creatures. It's bad karma. I had no joy from this action I took. Hopefully he will not ever cut off a puppy's ears and tail for the fun of it. I don't think he will, because he treats this new litter of kittens with care and love. And the kitten he threw against the wall last year? She's my Queenie baby and she is the first cat who never runs away from him. She even curls up on his lap and licks his hands, because he is nice to her now.

new topics

top topics

join