It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The purpose of the physical existence....summed up!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
We are put in physical bodies in order to accumulate knowledge through our multiple lifetimes so that eventually, we can become like the source itself (at which point we don't have to reincarnate in physical bodies).

We pick our parents before coming into this plane of existence, knowing how they will guide us towards our life lesson(s) to be learned. People are born in bad situations because they chose that beforehand knowing it would help accelerate through the learning process (accumulated bad karma built up over past lifetimes through their actions can be corrected within one lifetime!...think of it like skipping a grade in school).

However, this is not to say we don't have free will. We all have the same destiny, and it is to become perfect spiritual beings.. and to reach this goal, we must live through thousands of existences in the human body in order to learn and perfect our flaws as spirit. No one has a perfect life... everyone experiences pain and suffering. To become perfect and to end the cycle of reincarnation, is to realize that pain and suffering is only a physical condition... because it comes from the physical mind. Only one thing exists...love.

Once one can live their life purely through unconditional love and without judgement towards other beings... the need for reincarnation will be over.

Think of your physical life as school. When you die, it's like finishing a final exam... at which point your life is reviewed, and then you can either stay in the astral plane (summer vacation).. or continue with your next life for your next lesson(s). (summer school!).

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Interesting view. I'd like to tell you the way i see things.

The soul must experiment the physical realm, in different lifes. The thing the soul must do, is to get into perfect alignment with the ego, and spirit. I know that the principle of love, as the Nazareen left us in his messages, has never been understood, in an objective way. The problem with our experience in the physical realm, is that we are prisoners, and dominated by the astral plane. The disconnection (original sin) from the universal energy (intelligence, light, source) was the beginning of the long term domination from the invisible spheres. That domination includes the endless cycles of life and death.

That disconnection was imposed on humans, so they could develop the ego. At the same time, it created duality (polarity) in the lower mental consciousness. That duality is part of the spiritual path all humans go trough before starting the path to awareness of the manipulations that has dominated mankind since that disconnection occured. The next evolution on this planet will see a sharp rise in consciousness, which will bring back the connection to the source, the universal energy, the instant knowing. Instead of living according to the past (memory of the human race), they will rely on a new memory, which could be called cosmic memory.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by lagenese]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I agree with the OP, this is my last reincarnation I can feel it.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
It is quite possible that all lives are played out at the same time, so if you are going to be reincarnated 10 times you are in fact living those 10 lives all at the same time, they are just experienced by you as separate.

Or to look at it another way imagine your life as a chess game, then imagine a room with lots of chess games going on at the same time, you are all those chess games. That way Karma can affect your lives all at the same time. You may be a child in one life, a man , a women the combinations of who you are or could be are endless.

So it is possible that what you do in this life could effect your past lives or your future lives, I've spoken to someone who does regression on people and had also successfully taken them into future lives ( I guess you would call it progression )

Any views on this ?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I'm a plumber and last week I had to fix a sewer line that was backpitched and flowing into a homeowners basement. The cast Iron Cracked and I ended up Knee Deep in S*** literally as the city sewer pumped waste all around me, I had to go back out to my van and put waders on. I must have been a millionaire in my last life because I've experienced enough humility and humbleness in this one for some time now.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Star and Flag... you defined the point of the physical pretty accurately. now if only THAT was what they were teaching in churches people would get their act together

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I see you read the lost teachings of atlantis...

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krystian

And Possibly the Tibetan book of the Dead. If I do get to the Bardo and if it IS indeed real... I hope I'm ready.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Have actually never read this. But I'll check it out! Thanks.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
the problem with this definition of "reincarnation" is that "I" don't exists
"I" was created independent of what makes me up in the material sense

is "I" part of the soul ?

the soul will only be free to return to the source if it is no longer attached to "I"
do "I" free the soul or should the soul be free of "I" ?

The soul is reincarnated .... though "I" would not , the soul adorns with a new "I" with the new life like new clothes

Except "I" don't really exists .... like the Emperor ... It doesn't wear any clothes

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ogund.3

I dont understand why I would pick a life where I have never seen or spoken to my father or having a crack addict for a 'mother'. What lesson could that possibly bring?

But your thoughts do make me feel better about my life.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jinx880101
reply to post by ogund.3

I dont understand why I would pick a life where I have never seen or spoken to my father or having a crack addict for a 'mother'. What lesson could that possibly bring?

your supposed to experience EVERYTHING... the good and the bad. there is no good without bad.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Or probably Allan Kardec...

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   

reply to post by ogund.3

Your father and the "I" of your father is different
Your mother and the "I" or the crack addict is different

Just as you and the "I" that chose them is different

Contrary to popular beliefs ... it's not "we" have KARMA ...

it is "we ALL SHARE the KARMA"

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
This is all well and good with the purpose being an evolutionary trek back from the involution in the material but what is the purpose of that? What does it really accomplish? If one concocts an explanation for the explanation, it becomes apparent that there's an infinite regress of "why" and one is no closer to the truth.

What can be added to something that is everything? Experience? No. It's already everything. It can have no purpose to fulfill.

Why a process? Why have the complication? Choice? This scenario does not allow choice. Experiencing every possible experience, manifesting every possible manifestation leaves no choice.

Being, non-being, becoming. A destiny, its very notion, leaves no substantial choice or ultimate freewill.

While I am familiar with these metaphysical considerations, in the long term they signify nothing. The answers are in haste. They are misleading.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ogund.3

Think of your physical life as school. When you die, it's like finishing a final exam... at which point your life is reviewed, and then you can either stay in the astral plane (summer vacation).. or continue with your next life for your next lesson(s). (summer school!).

how do i bunk off?

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   

reply to post by ogund.3

Maybe so that you can grow up trying to be the best parent ever. And you know exactly how not to treat your kids.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Sometimes I feel that way. This school they keep referring to seems more like an institution or structure, and everyone knows that what "we are" has no fixed structure. My entire being tells that I'm an inmortal spirit on a human path. The questions of why Im here? or What is my purpose? are easily answered when you know who you truly are.

Since nothing happens by chance and the "now" is always in balance (is necessary in order to manifest), My purpose must be to do exactly what I am doing; why am I here? well this one I had to study and it required me to really open my mind and become aware of all the possible paths and ways of being. I realized that I should do exactly what I was doing but doing it right. Love is the flame forever lit and it will empower you to do it right. You have free will, and you can choose to become your own god of sorts and rebel against your true self over and over with out consequences. But over time you will run tired of free will and its dementia and bow down to the unifying power of love. IMO

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoKito

Sometimes I feel that way. This school they keep referring to seems more like an institution or structure, and everyone knows that what "we are" has no fixed structure.

Here you identify why I find spirituality campy especially when there is a following of any sort of doctrine. I avoid them as a source of final answers but find various ones valuable as an inspiration for new questions. Such truths are not Truths.

My entire being tells that I'm an inmortal spirit on a human path. The questions of why Im here? or What is my purpose? are easily answered when you know who you truly are.

Even then the questions never cease. The purpose of the purpose of the purpose...

Since nothing happens by chance and the "now" is always in balance (is necessary in order to manifest),

I feel like there is a slight imbalance in order than there may be progress rather than stasis.

My purpose must be to do exactly what I am doing; why am I here? well this one I had to study and it required me to really open my mind and become aware of all the possible paths and ways of being. I realized that I should do exactly what I was doing but doing it right. Love is the flame forever lit and it will empower you to do it right.

Would this include the possibility of perfectly doing the process of doing it differently, that I am exactly doing now?

Honestly, I think there is a level of understanding no human can reach nor bring back to this form. Therefore no human has reached it. A true raising of consciouness will bring in elements that are completely novel, never having been an element in any human experience, enlightened or not. But, simple enlightenment on a species level may be a nice step in the right direction, that is if compassion and not simply pity may come of it.

You have free will, and you can choose to become your own god of sorts and rebel against your true self over and over with out consequences. But over time you will run tired of free will and its dementia and bow down to the unifying power of love. IMO

Sort of a Luciferian tangent there, eh?

Per above, is a "true self" a "True self" or is it only relative?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Per above, is a "true self" a "True self" or is it only relative?

When you start to question it ...
cracks will begin to appear in the illusion ...
The mind is sharp as it is blunt ...
What it cannot pierce , it will pommel till nothing remains ...

top topics

join