It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton: US Won't Hesitate to Use Military Against Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Clinton: US Won't Hesitate to Use Military Against Iran

news.antiwar.com

In a high-profile policy address before the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR), Secretary of State Hillary Clinton declared that the US wouldn’t not hesitate to use its military to “defend our friends, our interests, and above all, our people” during the segment discussing Iran.

She elaborated on the declaration with “this is not an option we seek nor is it a threat; it is a promise.” Clinton also warned Iran that the US offer to hold talks, which she had previously said she didn’t expect to work to begin with, would not be open-ended and that “our willingness to talk is not a
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Barack Obama said he wanted to talk to Iran during the campaign trail. That was one of the reasons why I voted for him. I saw his willingness to talk to others. Now, it seems that he is going against anything he said during the campaign and everything he talked about. Now they won't hesitate to use force against Iran? It seems like there is an awful amount of confusion in his administration between Joe Biden, Hillary Clinton, and Barack Obama doesn't seem to be on the same page as the rest of them. I could foresee the administration going to war with Iran. This kind of talk from our administration and the rhetoric we're seeing doesn't help.

news.antiwar.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I don't agree with how Iran is being handled regarding their Nuclear ambitions but I agree with them not leaving the open talks on the table. We told them we would like to talk about it and be civil, they said "no thanks we don't want to talk to you because your an evil arrogant empire". We said "ok well I guess we will just hold and wait for you to come and talk with us". How dumb is that?

They have a clear stance and Iran has a stance that is the opposite so why bother pretending your going to talk about it when neither plans on listening anyway. It's just a waste of time.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

I seem to recall hearing something differently than you. I recall Barack extending the table of diplomacy...even wrote Iranan leader a letter...He has tried more than Bush did, that's for sure. I think it's a bit premature for him to walk away from that offer right now...but it cant be an open-ended offer either.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

I heard about that. I even said in my OP that Obama doesn't seem to be on the same page with the rest of his administration. I think that the rest of the administration should be open to talks as well. It just seems that I've noticed a bit of infighting with the Obama administration here. Barack Obama has said he wanted to talk to Ahmajenidad, and, talk to Iran. While, you have these other people on the other part of his administration calling for war with Iran, or, saying they won't hesitate to go to war with Iran. It makes you wonder if they're on the same page or not.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
There was an article recently that stated that according to US Intelligence, North Korea gets $2 Billion per year selling arms to Iran.

I find that they are making a connection, such as ones related to weapons, between Iran and North Korea troubling to say the least.

I hope whatever actions taken by the US are not clothed in a "kill two birds with one stone" kind of mentality. It also raises suspicions over how the US will react to NK.

If NK is a steady supplier of weapons to Iran, then theoretically, taking out NK would in turn cripple Iran. Or at the very least disrupt their cache of weapons.

I should hope all of this "rhetoric" with NK wasn't simply a distraction in order to get to Iran, without identifying them as the actual target.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35

I heard about that. I even said in my OP that Obama doesn't seem to be on the same page with the rest of his administration. I think that the rest of the administration should be open to talks as well. It just seems that I've noticed a bit of infighting with the Obama administration here. Barack Obama has said he wanted to talk to Ahmajenidad, and, talk to Iran. While, you have these other people on the other part of his administration calling for war with Iran, or, saying they won't hesitate to go to war with Iran. It makes you wonder if they're on the same page or not.

Very true! I wonder how long Hillary will last? Seems to me she has her own agenda and speaks "out of turn" w/o the approval of Obama.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Or perhaps, there is an NWO agenda here at play and Obama isn't fully up to speed? Barack Obama seems to be up to speed about how to implement the government take over of our economy and get the masses to support him, but, it seems like these other people seem to be one step ahead of him on the globalist agenda. It is comments like this from Hillary Clinton and top ranking US officials in our government that make you realize that not all is what it seems. Wouldn't you agree?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Nothing will happen with Iran during the Obama administration. Obama is not willing to enter into an conflict with Iran under any circumstances. He has already shown with North Korea his weakness for conflict and the world knows it (especially NK and Iran). We went to the UN and asked for more meaningless sanctions that we were going to enforce (what a joke) and had a North Korean ship with arms on it and DID NOTHING but watch it sail by. North Korea called our bluff and Iran is knows we are not serious with the tough talk.

Iran may come to the table at some point to "discuss" with the US but it will be a ploy to waste time while they work on their bomb. Israel is the only country that MIGHT do anything about Iran and even they seem hesitant at this point to commit to using force.

I do not see anything happening with Iran except them moving forward while the world does nothing. Russia and China would block any serious action at the UN anyway (as they always do) and we (the USA) just do not have the will (in the executive office) to do anything. Time will tell if I am correct or not?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I think we should just kill the Irainian President, get it over with all ready. And do the same with North Korea. I'm sick of hearing these dumb azz politions talking about what they, 'might do" in a year or two. Just kill these wack jobs, or shut the fuc up!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Jamiethegreat

I'm glad you're not the President!

Do you even know what the diplomatic consequences of doing that would entail?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The notion of a pre-emptive war as ever being 'just' or 'wise' is really just saying..."All we are saying is let's not give peace a chance"

It's funny in the past Decade Israel has attacked multiple peoples and nations, and the United States has attacked multiple people and nations while Iran has attacked absolutely no one, but we really somehow want to believe Iran is a threat based on simply the fear that a strong Iran or a strong 'any nation' that we can't dictate too is just not safe to have around.

While Al Queda might have attacked us (never gone to Jury so it's really truly just speculation and circumstantial evidence as to who did carry out 9-11) but Afghanistan sure didn't, and Iraq sure didn't.

What they did do is fail to let us the United States and our 'Elected' leader dictate to them how they must respond to us and what posture they must take and where on the totem pole and the pecking order they belong in our opinion or we will kill you all and let G-d sort it out Foreign Policy.

The reality is Iran hasn't attacked anyone in all of my 45 years of life, and I don't really think they plan on attacking anyone.

The way Israel and America counducts foreign policy I really honestly believe even us citizens could use a nuclear deterent to protect ourselves from our governments at this point.

There is no credible evidence or history that Iran plans to or wants to genuinely attack anyone. There is a real history of the U.S. and Israel not wanting any Middle East or Oil Producing nation in Asia (Iran is in Asia) not having a mutually assured destruction capability so we can always be self assured of moving in on their country and imposing our will through military might.

To bad people can't see this is not about Theran but about us not standing that we can't bully or push around, intimidate, frivolously take over and pillage and plunder any individual nation at will.

I honestly am a lot more afraid of my own American government and what it is willing, wanting and prepared to do to me and the people of America than I am of Theran's government.

Peace should always be given a chance and time tables should never be placed on other nations who aren't attacking anyone and haven't attacked anyone, when and how they must respond to us, that's not peace, that's Dominance and submission.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Well if I recall correctly Obama campaign promise was to hold talks with Iran while not taking the military option off the table . Obama has to take this line for the same reason a past generation of US political leaders couldn't be seen as being weak on communism . Obama political ID hurts him somewhat because " Only Nixon could go to China " or rather maybe McCain today .

Cheers xpert11 .

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Of course the US won't hesitate to use military action on Iran. There is a lot of oil and strategic importance imbedded in that country. The only reason the USA is engaging in talks is so they could say "we tried talking to them, but that didn't work". If you think the USA doesn't want a war with Iran, you better think again you damn fool. Our leaders look at Iran and all they see is the opportunity for more Power. They aren't drunk on power, they are trippin' high on power!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Clinton and Obama are on the same page.

They are holding the possibility of talks open (at least for the time being) but don't want to seem weak or submissive to Ahmadinejad.

Republicans have already pounded Obama for not being enough of a hawk and appearing to "lose face" by choosing to use diplomacy first, so he has the electorate in America to please as well.

BTW I agree that Iran is not about to attack the U.S. or the U.K., but they could conceivably attack Israel and have made threats to that effect. If they sent missiles into Israel it could very easily start WW III.

new topics

top topics

join