It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neil Armstrong to skip Apollo 11 event

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Thanks weedy, no bubbles have been burst, in fact you have exacerbated the size of my bubble old mate with you wonderful ammo you have supplied me with!

It just goes to prove how the same information can be interpreted differently depending on the slant of the reader.

Here is what I get from your article:

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by WatchNLearn

...But I can't just keep doing that for ever in my life [he's 79] unless I'm appropriately compensated."

What can't he keep doing? Why LYING of course! The greedy and bitter Aldrin feels he should have been compensated better for lying through his teeth for 40 years!!

...his struggles with depression and alcoholism, his two failed marriages, his difficult relationship with his father...

Refer to my previous post and you will note that I predicted substance abuse. No surprises to me that this was the case. His failed marriages and relationship issues are directly related to the guilt he carries. I bet anything his ex-wives would describe him as secretive and guarded. BTW, I am not ignoring his mother's death, but that has nothing to do with his post-moon hoax (unless she killed herself because she learnt they were going to hoax it!)

Not that happy is quite the word to describe his relationship with Neil Armstrong

Yes, we all know Aldrin hates Armstrong's guts. That's because Neil has always looked like spilling the beans, and Aldrin couldn't handle that.

Mark my words - the powers that be will be sh***ing themselves when Armstrong dies. There will be a mad panic to try and locate any truth testimonies he has left behind to be opened after his death

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenix103
That is libellous and incredibly offensive.

Incredibly offensive. Oh, snap!

Do you really think anyone is responding to the emotional sensationalism anymore? Don't you think we've all already heard it before by now?

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

oh for gods sake

grow up will you

the us went to the moon FACT

in a world where kids die because of lack of food you find it important to claim they didn't

why not devote an ounce of your internet time to help those kids instead of flogging a dead horse

or are you so self centred to ignore humanity ?

i guess you are as are so many on this board

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Nicely "quote mined" there, and taken WAY out of context. Intentional??

OH...and you should tag properly...way you did it, to the casual observer, looks like I did it wrong. Not everyone is going to read the entire thread, and may walk away with wrong impressions...which seems to be your hope??

Your armchair psychiatry attempts are wearing thin, I think everyone is seeing that by now...and you are simply disparaging good men, without cause or justification. You have only a twisted view, that belongs to you, and you alone.

Your actions on this subject remain despicable.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I bought a Neil Armstrong button a few years ago at a flea market. I tried to put it up for my avatar for this anniversary, but couldn't get the size right.

So, I thought I'd just add it here for the heck of it. I haven't been able to find this one for sale, unless it's on ebay. Don't recall what I even paid for it anymore. I think it's only worth about 10 or 15 dollars anyway.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/57f57f6bd55e.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 18-7-2009 by aleon1018]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Weed is correct, you simply have no idea what you are talking about and sound more like a drunken half-educated self=proclaimed psychiatrist then any kind of profession.

But woa and behold, let me set you straight kid.

Here we shall compare.

First one are two people happy at there award. Where's the grief over such an honor?

Second is happiness at an acomplishment. The right one is the guy who broke the sound barrier, the left is the Apollo team. Where's the difference? Did that guy really never break the sound barrier? Because their faces look the same.

Third is for the BS people who claim that the astronauts show a face that reveals a lie. WRONG. Take a look at Obama thinking. Same face. Nope. This is simply they thinking in a press conference.

The other is just the same. As you can see, these people on the right are happy that MLK day is being made a national holiday. Why would they have the same faces as the austronaughts? IS MLK A LIE TOO? Did he never exist? No silly. It's just them thinking at a press event, just like the blacks there are thinking as Reagan creates MLK day.

Watch and learn my child, watch and learn.

img22.imageshack.us...

[edit on 18-7-2009 by Gorman91]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Its a fact.

I'd find it amusing if Armstrong were to sue. Clearly more of a man that the people posting this nonsense.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Silk

reply to post by weedwhacker

reply to post by Gorman91

It is a shame but I will no longer continue as it has degenerated into ad hominem attacks on me

Sadly you didn't respond to my arguments, you just started name calling???

Thanks to Weed, you are quit a good debater! Until next time...stay safe!

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
Now that all physical evidence supposedly disproving it has been twarted, you're moving onto psychology?

Why can't you just give up?

Because those who believe that the Apollo missions were faked are fools. They know no reason.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Well as it turned out, Armstrong did attend this event. He and his peers even petitioned Nasa for a manned mars program.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Well as it turned out, Armstrong did attend this event. He and his peers even petitioned Nasa for a manned mars program.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join