It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama flown by all female crew, why?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Today, an all female marine helicopter crew flew the president to Andrews Air Force Base on Marine One, the presidential helicopter. This is the first time an all female crew transported a president. This is also the first time a woman piloted Marine One.

An AP report on newsday.com:

First female presidential helo pilot finishes tour

USA Today, "The Oval":

Special crew for Obama on Marine One

Capable females in all branches of our military is old news. Why is this worthy of the spotlight? How did this all female crew come to be? Was it random? Was this instigated by the president? What is the significance? Does the spotlight diminish any achievement by these women? I think this was planned for precisely this time. I will not elaborate further for now. What are your thoughts?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Change, equal rights, progressive attitude...these things come to mind when reading your question. Just a guess though.

Just my 2-cents

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Why not?

second line

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
If this is true, I'd guess it's because they don't look the part, yet are amazingly lethal bodyguards as well as experienced flight staff.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Obama loves him some segregation.

Why not show that we're all equal by segregating

Hey, I don't blame him, although I couldn't imagine being on a plane with all those women, and i'm guessing there not all Heidi Klums, more like ellen degenres, then i'd be parachuting out fast!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Hemisphere

She was designated a "Marine One" pilot in May 2008 and has flown former U.S. President George W. Bush and U.S. President Barack Obama on numerous occasions.

www.daylife.com...

Seems the only twist today is the fact that the co-pilot is also a woman.

BTW...I need to look up exact date and info, but I believe that there was an historic all-femal airline crew (including Flight Attendants) that was a publicity stunt for Continental Airlines...thinking it was way back in the 1980s....

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
well if hes anything like me, hes just alot more comfortable with woman. theyre nicer and more condusive to ones needs (no not sexually) theyre more sensative, theyre just easier to deal with. more comfortable..

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
well he did just meet Kadafi and his all female group of body guards...maybe he thinks it is cool.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
or maybe REAL men threaten his self estem?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JulieMills

YEAH.....RIIIIIGHT.....

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JulieMills

or maybe REAL men threaten his self estem? (sic)

Yeah, ole' Rush the "Boss" Limbaugh is more than threatened by ALL men...and most women!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
That's pretty risky.
He better be careful before someone wrongly accuses him of some wrong doing.

Remember what happened to Kobe.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
.... One word, ... Pimpage.

.. If I was Obama I would replace my whole cabinet and the senate with women, ...... sure, we would send the country to hell, .... but we'd have a good time doing it.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Well, why not an all female flight crew? I'll paraphrase Mel Brooks by saying: It's good to be president.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
It's interesting. But what about: Don't ask, don't tell?

I'm also reminded of Austin Powers and the fembots for some reason. Bladerunner as well.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Apparently I'm the only one connecting this to the Sonia Sotomayor confirmation. With a hotly contested supreme court nomination, one that would appoint the first Hispanic justice, was the timing and coverage of the all female flight team a not so subliminal message to the Senate and the country to approve and accept this female justice? This despite concerns over her lower court opinions. Judge Sotomayer has had 5 of her rulings for the 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals reviewed by the Supreme Court with 3 of those being overturned by the Supreme Court. A recent ruling in particular has garnered concern.

Republicans, expressing concern that she would bring bias to the court, brought in Frank Ricci, a white New Haven, Conn., firefighter whose reverse discrimination claim was rejected by Sotomayor and two other appeals court judges, to testify against her. He complained that the ruling showed a belief "that citizens should be reduced to racial statistics," but he didn't say her nomination should be rejected. - Julie Hirschfeld Davis, Associated Press Writer

The entire report:

Sotomayor on her way as GOP pledges quick vote

With the early responses to this thread, it would appear I'm alone in my thoughts that the all female flight crew and the coverage was orchestrated to coincide with the confirmation hearings.

BTW...I need to look up exact date and info, but I believe that there was an historic all-female airline crew (including Flight Attendants) that was a publicity stunt for Continental Airlines...thinking it was way back in the 1980s.... - post by weedwhacker, earlier in this thread

Thanks for that tidbit weedwhacker. That doesn't necessarily prove I'm correct but I'm thinking it confirms the "all female crew" as a proven advertising tactic. Do these tactics ever jump to the political arena?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Ah, this is the same all female team that helped Obama with his baseball pitching skills.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by Hemisphere

She was designated a "Marine One" pilot in May 2008 and has flown former U.S. President George W. Bush and U.S. President Barack Obama on numerous occasions.

www.daylife.com...

Seems the only twist today is the fact that the co-pilot is also a woman.

Thanks for the input and correction WW! That this is "old hat" for the pilot throws the timing, coverage and announcements regarding this crew into an even more suspicious light in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
After the "Manhattan flyover fiasco", do you think anything is left to chance by the Obama administration? Do you think opportunities, no matter how small or subtle, are lost by this administration?

White House aide Louis Caldera loses job over Manhattan flyover fiasco involving Air Force One

"You never want a serious crisis to go to waste," Rahm Emanuel, Mr. Obama's new chief of staff, told a Wall Street Journal conference of top corporate chief executives this week. He elaborated: "Things that we had postponed for too long, that were long-term, are now immediate and must be dealt with. This crisis provides the opportunity for us to do things that you could not do before." - Rahm Emanuel, the current White House Chief of Staff speaking to the Wall Street Journal, November 19, 2008

top topics

<<   2 >>

join