It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Threatens Afghans Over Kidnapped GI

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:
CX

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by djvexd
There were 2 leaflets dropped , one said," If you do not return our soldier you will be targeted,"which was meant towards the kidnappers AND those who help them. the second was ," if you know where our soldier is please call us" . And there was a reward.There was no, WE WILL KILL YOUR PEOPLE IF YOU DON'T HAND HIM OVER crap. Come on. Seriously. Come out of your basements and learn a thing or 2 about Psyops for christsakes.

Where was there mention of a reward? I read about a ransom, but not a reward mentioned on the leaflets?

If i'm wrong, i apologize.

As for the comment about Psyops, that would be almost funny if it weren't such a serious topic. Most here who talk about Psyops and such subjects will have either watched one too many movie or will have Googled it and copy and pasted their "experienced knowledge". Therefore it's not even worth discussing IMO.

Don't get me wrong, you may be an expert in Psyops for all i know, in which case i would apologise.....and probably move on to a ton of questions about the effectiveness of certian Psyops in our obviously successfull war over there.

CX.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I get confused...

The US attacks a small country that has done nothing to us because we don't like some of the people they hang out with. The US continues to kill many innocent woman and children there, the country begs the US to leave but the US refuses to leave and continues to slaughter their woman and children. A US solder is kidnapped and the US threatens to kill more innocent woman and children until he is returned.

Am I missing something? Sounds kind of one sided to me. No matter what, we will kill your people because we don't like who you're friends with.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
At the end of the day they've been given a warning, that is a hell of a lot more than most civilians get when their country is in conflict. The germans didn't drop us leaflets off when they were doing air raids..

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by merka
The philosophical question is: Is threatening civilians in these towns a war crime or an act of terrorism?

u r right but the US are the good guys right?? so they can do anything they want..they r the good guys right??

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
If you ask me the word "target" was some very good wording. I just looked up the defintion of target and I found out it doesn't, in fact, mean kill people. BUT, using the right wording some people may think that's what it means. So, it may be scaring the Afghani people into finding a man that is probably being tortured. Regardless of whether or, not we are supposed to be there, do any of you want this man to be tortured? In some ways rescuing this man would save alot of Afghan lives. The motivation factor of a captured comrade can bring alot of violence. And who knows it may be very possible "target" means knock on your door and ask you some questions.

Whatever is clever in a situation like this!

CX

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by USMC-oorah
In some ways rescuing this man would save alot of Afghan lives. The motivation factor of a captured comrade can bring alot of violence.

Good point. I know first hand how troops can be affected when a mate comes to harm by others.

CX.

CX

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
They've finaly released the soldiers name.

A family friend of a U.S. soldier captured by the Taliban said his friends and family want Pfc. Bowe Bergdahl to "stand tall, stand firm."

Source: Captured U.S. soldier's family: 'Keep Bowe in your thoughts'

The community did a great job of keeping his details quiet, he seems to have a great deal of support behind him which is good. It must be heartbreaking for the family.

On Sky News earlier they were saying that the US goverment has said that this is very much against the Geneva Convention.

I thought waterboarding was too? Or is it only against the GC if someone else does it?

Anyway, i hope this comes to a peacefull end.

CX.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Free this man. Thats all I'm gonna say, dont wanna turn this into a big debate like the other thread.

Oh and I do agree if this is true this is not right. Sayin we are not are just going to murder villages unless they release this man? Not right in my book. And I'm a marine myself but I WILL NOT stand by this.

All of your anti marine comments really arent needed though. Can we atleast try to discuss something like adults and not get all ugly?

But I agree this is totally wrong.

I do agree with some who say atleast we warned them... Still doesnt make it right at ALL though!

Peace yall

[edit on 20-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The Americans are bastards if this is the case.

So the Afghans are now torn between being killed by the Taliban and killed by the Yanks.

Terrorists on both sides.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I'm sure all the Extremist American Fanatics who have posted the equivalent of "turn them to glass" would have a completely different view if Afghanistan was the superpower occupying the US and were threatening to target their small, poor, pathetic villages.

Honestly, those supporting this act of terrorism - and that is what this is - sicken me.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
nevermind actually I'm gonna the bigger man here and not even respond to yall.

Screw these threads I can't have a opinion without being bombarded with negative comments and rude u2u's.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeasahtheseer
YOU sicken me. I dont support this but your really annoying. You know NOTHING about the realities of war. NOTHING.

goodbye.

Apart from being a major buff on military history, you're right, I don't.

Either way, I am not supporting the terrorising of Afghan villagers. If that sickens you, then perhaps you should consider your own stance, regardless of what your own personal issues are.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by The Last Man on Earth]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by djvexd
There were 2 leaflets dropped , one said," If you do not return our soldier you will be targeted,"which was meant towards the kidnappers AND those who help them. the second was ," if you know where our soldier is please call us" . And there was a reward.There was no, WE WILL KILL YOUR PEOPLE IF YOU DON'T HAND HIM OVER crap. Come on. Seriously. Come out of your basements and learn a thing or 2 about Psyops for christsakes.

I agree with this post and I totally support this now. I cant believe I said I didn't in another post, I feel ashamed of myself now.

FREE THIS SOLDIER!!!

peace

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I like the use of the word "kidnapped" by the press.

This guy was captured in a combat area, they didn't sneak up and yank him from his home or off the street.
Also, the US has, over the last few years, been guilty of actual kidnapping of people and holding them for years without trial in foreign based prisons, as well as torturing them to provide confessions to cooked up charges.

Their hypocrisy knows no bounds.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Screw these threads I can't have a opinion without being bombarded with negative comments and rude u2u's.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeasahtheseer
I love it when people who havent been in the middle east talk as if they know whats going on. I'm a marine and been in Iraq and all these arent innocent people.

You're right, those villagers who have had most of their water diverted by the nearest American base? Vampires. They actually steal American babies and drink their blood by the light of the full moon. They didn't need the water anyway.

Originally posted by jeasahtheseerThe USA is not the only corrupt thing in the world, you know.

No, but it is the biggest. Just saying "hey, we aren't the only ones!" doesn't exonerate guilt.

Originally posted by jeasahtheseerDo some research and talk to marines who have ACTUALLY experienced these peoples hate for us. I killed not one single innocent person.

And if you had invaded my country, and others, on false pretenses, I'd hate you too.

Originally posted by jeasahtheseerI'm sure you think all of us marines are just brainwashed and cant think for ourselves,right? I have no respect for you people.

You seem only to have respect for warmongers, and not peacemakers. And yes, we have all seen the propaganda.

Originally posted by jeasahtheseerSitting in your nice houses with your nice lives not a care in the world sitting on your lazy asses talking trash about soldiers. Yall are pathetic.

Our cares generally don't involve the invasion of other countries and a phoney "war on terror".

Originally posted by jeasahtheseerGo watch more anti american propaganda

Go watch some more pro-American propaganda? Touche?

Originally posted by jeasahtheseerand dont speak to me, you dont deserve to.

Deserve? Are you freaking kidding me? Do you have some kind of divine right, oh feudal overlord?

Originally posted by jeasahtheseerThis is my last post in this thread.

I doubt that.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

So these primitive people are so stupid that they're treating him with relative well being.

Compare his treatment to how the Americans treat their prisons: sodomy, torture, humiliation, making them eat pork, etc. Who's the primitive people now? And this isn't some isolated incident. The Iranians treated their prisoners well too, even allowing them to play pingpong. People like you are a disgrace to humanity.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jeasahtheseer

You are so ignorant I think I actually will put you on ignore, the crap that so willfully spews from your piehole is just...unbelievable.

American_Soviets - your link isn't working I'm afraid.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by The Last Man on Earth]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join