It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA opposes Sotomayor nomination to Supreme Court

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

NRA opposes Sotomayor nomination to Supreme Court

edition.cnn.com

We believe any individual who does not agree that the Second Amendment guarantees a fundamental right and who does not respect our God-given right of self-defense should not serve on any court, much less the highest court in the land," said a joint statement by Wayne LaPierre, the NRA executive vice president, and Chris W. Cox, executive director of the NRA's Institute for Legislative Reform.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Looks like the NRA is throwing in their 2 cents on the Sotomayor fiasco.

I'd have to agree with them, with the close vote that was recently held regarding the DC gun ban she has the opportunity to greatly affect the constitution in regards to the 2nd amendment. Though she does say that she supports that ruling.

She also says that she has not made up her mind regarding if the 2nd amendment applies to state gun laws.

I'll answer that: Is there any other item of the Bill of Rights that the states are allowed to overrule? Not that I'm aware of, issue solved.

The article goes on to say that the republicans don't plan on putting up much of a fight on this front and that they don't plan on filibustering or anything like that.

What do ya'll think?

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I oppose her for many reasons.... But hopefully she can do a good job.

A supreme court justice should be decided because of skill and stance. Not because of colour or gender. There is my big problem with her. She was not chosen for any other reason.

Now, NRA's stance.. I am not familiar with Soto's stance on guns, but if they are against her, then she must be a threat somehow.

Shame they feel she is a threat, but they are the gun owners of America, giving their $0.02 ..... They are usually ignored anyway.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by LeeannaHolland]

new topics

join