It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Wedding Day Ghost Photo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I came across this creepy ghost photo while surfing the web... So, I was hoping some image experts on the forum could help me figure out if this is a fake or not.

Also, I'd very much appreciate it if some of our paranormal experts(and everyone else) chimed in and presented their thoughts as well.

Thank you.

Photos:

link to original article: naturalplane.blogspot.com...

[edit on 16-7-2009 by sliceNodice]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
It's impossible to say what this is without seeing the original and perhaps talking to the people who had the picture taken - find out their history and the history of the place.

Creepy-cool ... no matter if it's real or a hoax.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
i did a quick zoom in on the picture and on the one on the far left (which i guess we could call the "original" for all intents and purposes)

i didnt see anything ghostly. it seems like its added or embellished on in the later ones

[edit on 16-7-2009 by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
... continued:

Detailed information (posted by original image uploader):

" This is a photo of my aunt's wedding day. The year was 1942, and the photo was taken with a box camera. On some of my feedback I'm told it's not really there! Well, I know it is. This picture has been passed down. Please give me some feedback. I would like too see what everyone thinks. It was taken in Jasper, Alabama. -- Liz"

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
IF you were dead what the %^&* are you floating around a tree in somones damn wedding pictures? Seriously why are dead people such losers?

OR

Its fake, made by people to make money of the weak minded religious fools who believe in this stuff.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Looks fake as wrestling to me!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

there is no way to make money from a photo. if you post it freely on the internet. without copywright.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Too bad that thing didn't show up at my wedding! Maybe it would have convinced me to not go through with it!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by gemineye
Too bad that thing didn't show up at my wedding! Maybe it would have convinced me to not go through with it!

Hahaha!

At least you don't have the depressed persian tow truck man's wife...
He can tell you all about her in this video:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sliceNodice

LOL, sliceNodice! No, he was bad, but I'll admit he wasn't THAT bad!

"a diaper of black crab grass"

Eeeeew! That's just wrong!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest
i did a quick zoom in on the picture and on the one on the far left (which i guess we could call the "original" for all intents and purposes)

i didnt see anything ghostly. it seems like its added or embellished on in the later ones

[edit on 16-7-2009 by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest]

I see what you mean, the face is almost impossible to make out in the original unmodified picture. Maybe that's due to pixel compression and color? It's only when the picture is modified (zoomed and changed color) that it is possible to make out a face.

I'm not sure what it's called when you make everything green like that... But anyways, it would be very helpful if someone could do the same to the original photo. Maybe we could make out a face then.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

Oh oops.. Thought you might have been a woman.

I guess it's just I usually hear guys make those type of jokes.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Agreed. It looks like there is no phantom head in the first pic, but it's "magically" there in the second.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

No worries, sliceNodice... maybe I should have been born a man. I'm pretty sure that would have kept me from marrying him too! HA HA!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by gemineye

No worries, sliceNodice... maybe I should have been born a man. I'm pretty sure that would have kept me from marrying him too! HA HA!

lol. Nah, you don't know to be a dude right now. Nothing to watch on TV anymore
*considers suicide*

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
When i look at the last picture I get the impression that someones hiding in the bushes trying to scare them

But look at the first picture, it looks like the gaps between branches that you'd find in normal trees and plants. The "ghost" has just been cleverly added in

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereovoyaged
Looks fake as wrestling to me!

Oh come on...its not that bad

If it is a fake its pretty good i think. If its real, its even better. Should leave this one up to the photo experts

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Seems to me that marriage was CURSED from the beginning.
Probably some kind of double-exposure, this was quite common back then.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

lol. Nah, you don't know to be a dude right now. Nothing to watch on TV anymore

That's what ATS is for.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
This image is quite disturbing, and for this reason alone I sincerely hope the photograph has been faked.

The amount of distress the apparition appears to be in, looks substantial.

It looks real, but let's hope it's not. Otherwise the implications of the various circumstances in the afterlife are somewhat foreboding, don't you think?

Or at least, lets all hope that when we cross over, we have something infinitely better to do with our time than crash weddings! (At least leave off the painful and confused expression). Wedding are supposed to be happy occasions.

[edit on 7/17/0909 by ladyinwaiting]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join