It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are mirrors portals to another dimension?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
There is considerable lore to support the theory of that in part at least. My main knowledge is in fay lore (i.e. faries), and there is a considerable quantity of literature that accounts that mirrors of any type are portals to their 'world'. There are several stories (albeit they may be tales not accounts) of faries appearing from mirrors or cupboards during sleep to steal children or you or whatever they fancy.

Consider as well that Hoodoo, and much Magickal work requires the use of mirrors or polished surfaces. There is also (another of my areas) a great deal said on the binding and control of daemons by using mirrors or water (water is reflective).

And of course a LOT of people have taken notice that recording tv screens, even without static can cause faces and shapes that appear to be humanoid to appear on them.

In short, I definitely believe this to be the case and refuse to have any mirrors in my bedroom (at least anywhere I'm asleep) for that very reason.

On the flip side to advocate, it is assumed that some caveman decided the guy he saw when he looked into the pond was a mirror of himself and would compete for resources, and harming this fellow might harm himself, and so the whole "steals your soul" bit apparently came from that, but I doubt they were that clever to have thought that.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I have heard of something like this. There was a man named Raymond Moody, who had a private research institute not far from where I live in Alabama. I have heard about the room he created using mirrors that allowed you to see dead loved ones. Here's a quote I found online:

"Moody has a mirrored room where guests come to scry, hoping for a visit from a dead loved one. ABC reporter Diane Sawyer tried it out for about 45 minutes but didn't have any visitors. Maybe she didn't have a strong enough desire to see a dead loved one. Maybe she didn't have a strong enough belief that gazing into mirrors can induce an altered state of consciousness. Maybe she should have stayed in the room for a day or two."

A close friend was telling me about it. She had talked to Moody, because she was having similar experiences in a house she lived in at the time and a mirror in that house. I'm not sure if there were two facing mirrors. He talked to her about the Diane Sawyer visit and swore that Diane actually had a very significant experience. He told that she came out shaking and crying and it took her awhile to recover. But she refused to admit it on air. She came their to debunk it and that's what she did. Shame. Interesting stuff.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

From what i understand the Illuminati uses mirrors for brain washing/programming tools, check this site out it explains about mirrors and the occult........

pseudoccultmedia.blogspot.com...

I know i'v posted this site before but there's alot of info on it.

[edit on 24-7-2009 by King Seesar]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Where else do we see this.......

Alice in Wonderland or Alice Through the looking glass....

In my opinion we have a goldmine here.

We have a stories where a girl is down a rabbit hole ( the tunnel we hear about in near death experience etc, follow the white rabbit Neo...) into another world. Full of anthropamorphic creatures (we see these all the time in the astral realms, also think about the ancient Egyptians). She experiences changes in perception, objects appearing very large or small (synonymous with astral realms, a lot experience this in their dreams). Communication with flowers and plants (shamans have been doing this in altered states for a long time). And theres a caterpilller sat on a mushroom (fly agaric No Doubt, notice Gwen Steffani took this theme for her illuminati sponsered solo comeback) smoking a hookah pipe (speaks for itself really).

We have a sequal where the adventurer is playing with a black kitten and a white one, and then she looks in a mirror and is transported to this alternate dimension, which is basically an allusion to the game of chess. We know that secret societies and religions see the checkerboard design to symbolise duality, the game of life ( you will see this used in illuminati media rituals a lot of if you are looking at music videos and award ceremonies). Even more esoterically though the checkerboard is based on sacered geometry and is symbolism for gates or portals the alternate realities. Iam sure there is much more than this.

And the author, Lewis Carroll, a very mysterious man in some ways. He was in the church from a young age, a mathematician of some quality, linked in to all kinds of people in society, a possible peadophile, and definately an esoteric initiate and neoplatoist.

Any ideas on this guys?

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

... Want to know how to turn a mirror into a portal ??

.. here goes, ... set the mirror down on street level near a very tall building, .... climb to the top of the building then jump off, aim for the mirror, .. but accuracy is not crucial, ...... upon impact you will definitely be in another dimension, .. haha.

... being the dimension skipper that you are... you probably dont need mirrors do you

This is very interesting stuff... recently a friend of mine got held up for 2 and a half hours to pick me up. He was installing an antique mirror for somebody... He said he was having major problems with it....I told him the mirror story... but was met with a blank stare... hmm

[edit on

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by sylvie
I've always been wary of mirrors; since I was a child, I felt they may be portals to other dimensions, where things can come through if you're not careful.

Just the other day I listened to a Coast to Coast Am show with Joshua P. Warren, the paranormal investigator. He said that in almost every instance of a haunted house, the owner would lead him into a room with the words, "And this is the haunted room," and invariably there would be two mirrors (or reflecting surfaces) on the wall facing each other.

You know what it looks like when two mirrors face each other, and you get this kind of "neverending tunnel." I find it incredibly creepy.

Warren also said that he devised a room where people have close encounters with the dead (and who knows what else). Apparently the setup consists of a mirror in a darkened room, a chair, and a dim light source behind the person on the chair. You sit there and make sure you can't see your own reflection in the mirror, and just stare at it.

Warren said people have seen dead relatives manifest and actually come OUT OF the mirror, and they could talk to them. One guy who took a small recorder into the room had the most awful noises on the tape -- growling and snarling like from a demon.

So I wouldn't necessarily recommend trying this at home (I certainly won't), but I would like to know if any of you ever had a weird experience involving a mirror, or also just your theories about mirrors and portals. Fire away!

is this the coming of gozer

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Sorry folks, but I'm gonna side with all the folks out there who are freaked out by mirrors....I can totally handle them and use them with ease; but once the sun's gone down it's a different story.

I totally avoid mirrors at night; hate the things.....can't explain why, just a weird, 'dark' energy....

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
ya man a mirror is a portal to another dimension. don't get close to one or you'll get sucked in!

[edit on 31-7-2009 by Chovy]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Just do a google search for black mirrors.

www.spellsandmagic.com...

Also did you know that TV's are designed to have a certain pitch of black?

Now why on earth would someone do that?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeetontheconspiracy
I don't know if they are a portal to a different dimension per se, but I do know, if you are astral projecting, have an OOBE and you move through a mirror you get trapped in a parallel plane. Very hard to get out of, most get out when the natural body awakens and yur sucked back.

I believe ghosts are sorta like an OOBE, just after the body has passed, its a permanant projection. SO ghosts can maybe become trapped in these mirrors without meaning to, then there is no living body to awaken and suck them back, so they become permanantly trapped in the mirror, and after so many years of being trapped, might get mad.

Just my 2 cents

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

haha..amusing thoughts for me,but no more.
You see,as far as souls/our essence goes,there are no ''years'' they sit there and get mad,time is absent. You have to relaize,a mirror is made out of physical material liek naything else, it is not a spirit- prison etc.That is just silly.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Whether mirrors are, or are not... Im quite certain its only a fear response from looking at yourself. I mean when you see yourself, you know all about 'that guy'. Im not saying they do not have some sort of power to them, and their reflecting a being with almost near perfect quality in reverse, however the real factor is that you would only be fearful if it was ingrained in you that mirrors are bad.

If you stare into a mirror, up close for quite awhile you may see changes, or even what appears to be a totally different person. Honestly though, they only reflect what you want them too, just like a spoon can only gather in it what you use it to gather.

Their a tool, which can be used for mystical purposes without doubt, however their just a tool and rely on the user to create/cause what they will out of it.

Mirrors will not physically transport you to another dimension, however if you 100% believe, or expect/want it to, they may disappear things ... For real or just in your own mind which a mind is a powerful thing. If your mind believes something, its pretty hard to tell it otherwise.

--------------
Personally though, mirrors are just mirrors.... But if you use them as a tool for mystical/paranormal activities, then it can and MAY happen

EDIT: Spelling.

[edit on 2-8-2009 by Aoxoa]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by sylvie

Originally posted by tallcool1
Some people's minds just can't accept that we are boring, ordinary humans all alone in our neck of space on a boring, ordinary planet having boring, ordinary lives.

Sorry you have such a boring, ordinary life, tallcool.
At times, I have wished my life had been a little more ordinary and boring. As someone who has lived through astral attacks, malevolent hauntings, and other things that go bump in the night, I think it's not too far-fetched to be scared of an object that might let "things" through. Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by sylvie]

Ok ... so if I have a TV turned off it will reflect light, so it will be a mirror ? there are mirrors everywhere ... even in nature .... so there are portals everywhere ... well, explain more please

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Yes, I do think that mirrors are a bit creepy.

A friend of mine's sister died, and one day soon after that my friend was looking in the mirror and she told me that her sister's face became super-imposed over hers.

Also, have you ever noticed that if you look at someone else's reflection in a mirror, it is slightly off - with a crooked mouth?

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Great posts, I do feel that there is some connection with the paranormal and mirrors. I know in some religions familey members cover all the mirrors in the house when someone passes away.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellboundAlso, have you ever noticed that if you look at someone else's reflection in a mirror, it is slightly off - with a crooked mouth?

YES! I thought I was the only one that noticed this
People never look 'right' when I look at their reflection in the mirror. It looks close enough to the person, but something is always off... and yes I understand that what you see in the mirror is an inverted image, I don't mean that. There definitely is something strange about seeing someone else in a mirror though, like it isn't really the same person you know.

I remember one time when I was in the washroom shaving, and my ex-girlfriend came in and started doing her makeup in a rush to go out somewhere. We started talking about something and she said something funny, I laughed and looked up at her reflection in the mirror, but what I saw startled me... she looked almost exactly like her sister. The strange thing is, she looks nothing like her sister at all; they don't even look related when they are standing side by side, but for some reason the mirror made her look almost exactly like her sister. Upon seeing this I kind of jumped and shouted "Christ!" out of amazement/fear because it was so unexpected. She asked what was wrong so I explained what I just saw and she looked at me as though I had gone mad... I never bothered speaking of it again

Changing direction now... there are quite a few movies that deal with mirrors in a spiritual/occult kind of way. Somebody already mentioned 'Mirrors' (obviously) and somebody already posted a clip of that scene from The Matrix, and I believe somebody already mentioned that one exorcism scene from Constantine? Don't forget Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. "Mirror mirror on the wall..."

I will post an interesting YouTube clip that I found in a separate post. Check below this post.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Has anyone seen this before? I'm not sure if it is real or not, but it is interesting nonetheless.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I actaully enjoy mirrors...you know those fold in bathroom medicine cabinets that had the 3 seperate mirrors on hinges so you can get your toothpaste? I like to put all three of those out, stick my head in the middle and see like 20 reflections of me.
That may or may not be safe...theres this creepy arsed website I go to when i feel like being scared, its called www.freewebs.com...
And I don't think its factual, but it does raise some questions.
"
All mirrors are actually windows to another world. This world cannot be reached, and shouldn't be reached, as all our mirror-selves are extremely malicious. They are only allowed to exist in the area reflected in the glass. There was a time, though, when it wasn't like this."
...weird.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by summerdreary]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by y-ddraig-goch

Originally posted by spellboundAlso, have you ever noticed that if you look at someone else's reflection in a mirror, it is slightly off - with a crooked mouth?

YES! I thought I was the only one that noticed this
People never look 'right' when I look at their reflection in the mirror. It looks close enough to the person, but something is always off... and yes I understand that what you see in the mirror is an inverted image, I don't mean that. There definitely is something strange about seeing someone else in a mirror though, like it isn't really the same person you know.

you have got to be kidding me. How many adults are on here, cause I can forgive kids for not knowing any better.
Simple law of physics explains this, the angle you look at the person in the mirror is never at 0% angle, it has always you standing on the side or behind the person, making a huge angle when looking at the reflection of the person. Material which the mirror is made of bends the reflection like any other thing(water,glass etc)when viewed under a certain angle and the result is the crooked mouth/face etc.
Guys, have you had physics in school ? it is so easily explainable that it amazes me that nobody has brought this up yet.
Most posters here watch too many movies and have their imagination run wild. I'm all for it only don't embarass yourself in the process.

[edit on 8/10/2009 by Valeri]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Go ahead and laugh..but you still cannot explain how he does this other than the esoteric. I don't care what he does for a living, Angel CAN teleport and he CAN duplicate material objects using mirrors. There is no film manipulation whatsoever, and such has never been proven. Mirros CAN be a portal, for those who comprehend what it is about.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join