It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are mirrors portals to another dimension?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic23

The Chinese use mirrors to dispel malicous intent and demons. In essence they purify or make the vibration of an area less dense because it forms very organised photon flow and thus the subtle energy forces are stronger.

I lived in China for two years working in the fashion industry...I used to visit many factories, etc, and could never work out why all the mirrors always had covers over them. Because I needed to actually use the mirrors lol, Id have to constantly take the covers from them.

I finally asked ... 'why do you guys always cover the mirrors?... they were not very good at answering this question...
I kept up my questioning, and the only answer I got that made any sense was.... "bad things come out"

... I guess they meant demons...

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
If that's so, the buildings with reflective glass must cause all sorts of problems. I make low-e glass that has a very reflective surface for a living, we have a whole factory full of the stuff. It could explain a few things

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I spoke to my dad, he said the mathematician was Georg Cantor.
His studies on infinity did send him to the asylum in more than one instance.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
You need to go out and rent the movie "Mirrors" with Kieffer Sutherland. It is a recent movie. It is about this very subject. It will scare the daylights out of you and make you really consider breaking every mirror in your house.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I believe that according to Japanese Legend, if you reflect two mirrors into each other at midnight a demon pops out!

With regards to Feng Shui and having a mirror facing your bed, I have read that some Chinese people believe that your soul gets up and goes for a wander while you sleep, and when it gets up and sees it's own reflection in the mirror facing the bed, it gets startled.

Spooky subject

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
any unbelievers do what i said here? several posts ago. tell me what did you see or hear and what happened. are you a believer now? now. tell me what happened i want to know.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by pudgeego

I'm interested.
Tell me who this "he" is that you were referring to?
And how did you come across this ritual?
I'm always fascinated by ritual.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Don't Jewish people cover the mirrors in their home after somebody dies so the persons spirit doesn't get trapped? Or am I thinking of another religion?

Also, this may seem a little off topic, but some tribes (in the Amazon I believe) won't let you take their photograph because they believe that it will steal their soul, which to me sounds similar to the spirit getting trapped in the mirror concept. Does anyone here think that a soul can get trapped in a camera/photograph too?

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by y-ddraig-goch
Don't Jewish people cover the mirrors in their home after somebody dies so the persons spirit doesn't get trapped? Or am I thinking of another religion?

Also, this may seem a little off topic, but some tribes (in the Amazon I believe) won't let you take their photograph because they believe that it will steal their soul, which to me sounds similar to the spirit getting trapped in the mirror concept. Does anyone here think that a soul can get trapped in a camera/photograph too?

Funnily enough I related the exact same thing to mirrors on the thread 'Amazing, man can boil water with his hands' thread. It led from a conversation about how taking photgraphs of monks in altered states can cause them serious damage. Iam not sure if they trap the soul as such as energies affixed to it. Perhaps it drains it.

This also is relevant to the eyes of a human. Again the Chinese, along with Wilhelm Reich and others stated qi/prana/lif/subtle energies are transmitted and recieved by the eyes, both the physical and the third eye.

The answer seems to be in the cone shapes we find in eye. We see cone shapes cause vortices of energy, from which subtle energy forces emulate, this vortex is seen in our chakras and in many mystic cultures. In fact the horn of plenty is an allusion to this, in turn we find the cone/vortex/horn of plenty repetition in the fungi used by said cultures to open a vortex in their third eye and enter the astral planes.

Do you think this clicks into place quite well?

[edit on 21-7-2009 by Majestic23]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Funny.. Out of all the topics on ATS, this is the one that makes me paranoid
Now, off I go to remove all of my mirrors. I haven't felt this silly in a long time.. Good job guys

No but seriously, I have a mirror on a wall that has the outdoors on the other side.. Whats the issue with that? First I miss the eclipse and now I have a mirror situation

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I don't know if they are a portal to a different dimension per se, but I do know, if you are astral projecting, have an OOBE and you move through a mirror you get trapped in a parallel plane. Very hard to get out of, most get out when the natural body awakens and yur sucked back.

I believe ghosts are sorta like an OOBE, just after the body has passed, its a permanant projection. SO ghosts can maybe become trapped in these mirrors without meaning to, then there is no living body to awaken and suck them back, so they become permanantly trapped in the mirror, and after so many years of being trapped, might get mad.

Just my 2 cents

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Reply to post by Majestic23

Majestic, I posted my reply, then scrolled up and read yours. kinda weird we're on the same wavelength.

I've heard of more than one astral projecter getting stuck in a mirror.

Maybe thats the same reason jewish faith cover mirrors up ater death. I believe its possible.

Do a google search for astral projection or out of body experience and mirrors, you'll get back some interesting experiences

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
... Want to know how to turn a mirror into a portal ??

.. here goes, ... set the mirror down on street level near a very tall building, .... climb to the top of the building then jump off, aim for the mirror, .. but accuracy is not crucial, ...... upon impact you will definitely be in another dimension, .. haha.

" disclaimer" .... that was a joke, ... all this mirror and photograph stuff is just superstition to me, ..... however, the possibility exists, to those who beleive it is possible. Things only mean what we want them to, .... we color the world around us in our own perceptions.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Reply to post by skeetontheconspiracy

another thought

This could also be where that scene from Constantine comes from, you know, the exorcism with the mirror above the bed that the demon gets trapped in. just a thought

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

Just a guess but I'd say it's an 'in' into the house. Like they say vampires & BEKs have to be invited in. Maybe a mirror on the outside wall is a loophole for other dimensional critters? Or maybe it just attracts them if they are floating around outside?
I wonder if there's any lore about the way the mirror is facing. Like if you point one at a window does it attract or repel? What if you put one outside someplace? Would it trap em? I doubt they do much of anything under normal circumstances but the logic is interesting.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

... Want to know how to turn a mirror into a portal ??

.. here goes, ... set the mirror down on street level near a very tall building, .... climb to the top of the building then jump off, aim for the mirror, .. but accuracy is not crucial, ...... upon impact you will definitely be in another dimension, .. haha.

" disclaimer" .... that was a joke, ... all this mirror and photograph stuff is just superstition to me, ..... however, the possibility exists, to those who beleive it is possible. Things only mean what we want them to, .... we color the world around us in our own perceptions.

Forgive me if Iam wrong Interstella but you did have an experience where you literally changed realities. For this to happen your willpower to get out of the situation caused an energy vortex in your third eye and your consciousness came out in a differant reality. You likened this to a dream. Well in our dreams our third eye literally sees what is occouring, it apparently has the same cone setup as our two regular eyes.

Do you think this makes sense. Your consciousness stepped through a portal (mirror) into another reality and timeline?

For this to happen there has to be some sort of permanent construct (matrix) for it to occour on.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by Majestic23]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeetontheconspiracy

Majestic, I posted my reply, then scrolled up and read yours. kinda weird we're on the same wavelength.

I've heard of more than one astral projecter getting stuck in a mirror.

Maybe thats the same reason jewish faith cover mirrors up ater death. I believe its possible.

Do a google search for astral projection or out of body experience and mirrors, you'll get back some interesting experiences

Very interesting. I am not very proficient at astral projection by oobe methods but I will try and test this out myself.

I was also thinking about water. We see our reflection in water like mirrors. And esoterically speaking water also conducts subtle energies very well because of highly organised molecular structure. What about oobes and water?

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I didn't really look at it that way, but that does make a lot of sense. I'm still fairly new to projection, so I'm still figuring all this out.
But that would pretty much sum it up. I don't know if there is a set path though, I think our future is kind of set, but knowing the events could alter it. if that makes any sense.

A good book to look at if anyone is interested in OOBE and whatnot is "Astral Dynamics" by Robert Bruce, I can honestly say I had trouble attaining OOBE unti l read that book.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Well I think there is something that can be a little bit creepy about mirrors, I mean there are people believe that photo's steal a little bit of your soul right? So why shouldn't mirrors do the same? I mean they capture your image as well!

The shop where I work is split up sort of into different sections where it used to be different buildings. Between two of the parts on each of the walls facing each other there are two large mirros the length of the wall and I can't help but feel creeped out walking between them so I always try to avoid them and go the other way. There's something about two mirrors facing into each other like that that's just weird, like by walking between them you're breaking some bond and it just feels weird. It's probably just my over active imagination though.

[edit on 22-7-2009 by Rachel1111111]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
The only effect I've been able to get from a mirror, in a dark room, is that my face will start to look more demonic/evil. This happens especially with the eyes. Mirrors in dark rooms do make me nervous. I've tried the bloody mary ritual several times before and had no results. I even tried some taunting lol

Originally posted by pudgeego
any unbelievers do what i said here? several posts ago. tell me what did you see or hear and what happened. are you a believer now? now. tell me what happened i want to know.

I'm not an unbeliever but I would give it a shot. unfortunately, I don't have the mirrors required. The only big mirrors that I have would be inpractical to move. I'm interested in hearing anyone else's results though

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join