It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outlaw Canadian Goods???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Should the import and selling of prescription drugs from Canada be prohibited in the US? I would like to hear your outlook...

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Why? Are they damaging to people?Are they not the same drugs just cheaper?Maybe should find out why the same drug costs so much more in the states and do something about that then people who cant afford the drugs in the states will stop buying from us.Personnally I dont care where something I want comes from if theyre identical and the price is right.Years ago I used to cross the border for most big ticket items including gas but stopped when our dollar climbed to a point where it wasnt worth it anymore and will do it again if the time comes.When every penny counts you need to go where your dollar goes the furthest.

PB

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I see no reason why not. Theyre the exact same drugs, except that we dont pay the "research" premium thats charged in the states. Thats why theyre cheaper. And its debateable if the pharmaceutical companies should be charging that anyway.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Don't forget the exchange rate!

If the dollar improves, then will it still be worth it to cross the border to purchase the drugs here in Canada?

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
No: They are not always the same formulation nor is the brand name the same in all countries. Further more, all of a certain medication for a specific country is produced in a single manufacturing plant.

With that cleared up, MOST medications of the same name are nearly identical in all of North America. The only real difference is exact procedures at the specific manufacturing sites. The reason that a single drug for a country is done at only one site is to maintain the uniformity of all of that particular medication.

It really all comes down to company liability against the lawsuits concerning medication induced adverse events (side effects). The companies want you to buy medication from the manufacturing plant of the country in which you are located to cover their own asses.

As for the money aspect of it, the corporation is in the business for exactly that reason: money. It does not care about your health as it claims in order to sell its products. If you think any differently about any corporation then they have already rolled their propaganda machine right over you.

top topics

join