It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Landing Tapes Erased, NASA Admits

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Moon Landing Tapes Erased, NASA Admits

www.reuters.com

The original recordings of the first humans landing on the moon 40 years ago were erased and re-used, but newly restored copies of the original broadcast look even better, NASA officials said on Thursday.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.foxnews.com
www.cosmosmagazine.com

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Unbelievable. So the tapes were not only LOST for forty years, but they were taped over. What I'm wondering is, what was taped over them? And who did it?

First NASA admitted that they had completely lost the tapes. Then, they apparently found them stashed away in a university basement in Australia. At that point in time, NASA officials refused to comment on what was found, but did admit that these were the same tapes that were lost.

If losing the tapes weren't colossal enough of an error, now we learn that the tapes were indeed taped over?

I'm angry. I don't really care whether or not there was anything anomalous that we ATS'rs would salivate over. This is one of the most crucial parts of our history documented, and it's gone.

A sad day.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16-7-2009 by Elepheagle]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Please See Existing Thread

Sorry, I know it sucks to go through all the trouble to start a news thread only to see it closed, and that it takes a long time to start one properly (as you did), but alas, this one beat you by twenty minutes:

NASA ADMITS: Moon Landing Tapes Got Erased

Again, sorry.

join