It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Found the rape rooms.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   
only this time, they are not saddams

www.msnbc.msn.com...

liberators? more like serial killers and child molestors

But Rumsfeld warned the committee that the worst was yet to come. He said he had looked at the full array of unedited photographs of the situation at Abu Ghraib for the first time Thursday night and found them �hard to believe.�

�There are other photos that depict incidents of physical violence towards prisoners, acts that can only be described as blatantly sadistic, cruel and inhumane," he said. �... It�s going to get a good deal more terrible, I�m afraid.�

Rumsfeld did not describe the photos, but U.S. military officials told NBC News that the unreleased images showed U.S. soldiers severely beating an Iraqi prisoner nearly to death, having sex with a female Iraqi female prisoner and �acting inappropriately with a dead body.� The officials said there was also a videotape, apparently shot by U.S. personnel, showing Iraqi guards raping young boys.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
This was very well known to me. I think it's bad politically for Bush. I am not sure why this happened. Didn't we TRAIN our soilders to be good?

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Trounce this into OBLIVION....over and over, and over.
I thought the media was bad, it don't have anything on some here.

"Iraqi guards" are whom SectorGaza?

seekerof

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Gawddamnit, just when everything was looking up in Iraq, the stupid asses had to go and pull a stunt like this

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Trounce this into OBLIVION....over and over, and over.
I thought the media was bad, it don't have anything on some here.

seekerof

shot by U.S. personnel

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   

But hey Sector, a 'sin' is a 'sin', no matter if one did it or watched it, right?
There are no excuses for the conduct of a few.

seekerof

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Great news for every terrorist out there. It's easier as stealing candy from a kid to get into a Senate hearing!

- those jerks can interrupt a senate hearing. What a damn joke. Where is the security to cut those nerds out of the building?

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
There are no winners here ....The global elite have manipulated theese circumstances into existence and will soon offer there solution to the worlds problems...
They are controlling the media ....the terrorists and world leaders......its is they who are hiding behind the facade of theese events.

stay tuned.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
What the hell does Rumsfeld mean "the worse is yet to come"? What is he trying to say there will be more of this. Stupid Bush! If he didnt send troops there n the first place non of this would've happend!!

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by shoo
- those jerks can interrupt a senate hearing. What a damn joke. Where is the security to cut those nerds out of the building?

But, we live in a country with freedoms. So, these people were within their rights to protest.
I don't agree with what they said or how they presented it.
Also, in all fairness, the left the room peaceably enough.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
First of all, by saying "The worst is yet to come.", he's trying to redeem himself. Second of all, Zuzubar, not only will this be bad for Bush, this will be bad for America for years to come, perhaps forever. The worst is yet to come indeed. And I'm glad those acivists busted into the court hoom and humiliated themselves and Rumsfield. Hopefully some Iraqi people we're watching through a relay and understand not ALL Americans are as they think. If I wasn't such an quiet person I would of been happy to join those people yesterday.

[Edited on 5/8/04 by xenophanes85]

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673
What the hell does Rumsfeld mean "the worse is yet to come"? What is he trying to say there will be more of this. Stupid Bush! If he didnt send troops there n the first place non of this would've happend!!

if he didnt send them in there in the first place .....?

Thats just it ....it was always there plan to do this, to forward there plan to justify a solution, they are going to propose to solve this problem of terrorism...

New pictures .....? geez i wonder why they would want those pictures to get out.????? and so what are you telling us Rummy ??? That theres new pictures about to come out and the media is waiting for your thumbs up to release them........Oh My God people .....start seeing what is really behind this !!!!!!
There facade is so weak .......Is anyone besides myself seeing this!!!!!
They are creating more terrorism for a purpose ....so there larger plans can come to fruition.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   

From the MSNBC.com report:

Miller insisted that Iraqis were now being held in accordance with the Geneva Conventions and that the abuses recorded in photos distributed around the world were due to the acts of a few individuals.

Now? "now being held in accordance with the Geneva Conventions"

PLEASE

Of course NOW we will honor the Geneva Conventions.

This is in a way admitting that those in the US military did indeed abandon the Geneva Conventions.

Someone bring me some more coffee. I think I need some pain medication too.

God help us, we have no understanding of the impact of these events yet.

Gazz

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
There will be worse. But the worst we, the people, won't see.

It's like ordering two all beef patties, special sauce, blah, blah, blah....and receiving a cold emu burger.

I'm surprised we haven't taken the cowardly lion path professing it was okay because every conquering country does it........and this was war!

G

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

But, we live in a country with freedoms. So, these people were within their rights to protest.
I don't agree with what they said or how they presented it.
Also, in all fairness, the left the room peaceably enough.

Well if the highest military leaders and Ronald McDonald Rumsfeld are in one room for a hearing it is of course everyones right to protest but probably not in attack range, eh?

We know that just a few hundred million people would love to see Rummies head all over the floor and walls so it might be a good choice to avoid any obvious danger and this was one.

And your "but" should mean that I don't live in a free country?

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Ok Bush is OUT next election. This whole torture rape thing is the final thing. I cannot see Bush getting re-elected this November. Granted im outside USA so I dont know what following he has now, but in any other country this alone would get rid of the administration, sometimes even senior people would resign. The whole point was to bring "freedom" "democracy" to Iraqi. What do they do? They do the same thing to the iraiqs as saddam did. Where are those WMD?

I think the only thing that will keep Bush 'n co in power is another massive attack on USA , no election and marshall law.

The worst thing is? Sooner or later that vid of the iraqi female prisoner being raped will be available free online to download.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The media circus and leftwing hand wringing on a story that broke in March is reminding me of cockroaches feasting on cake crumbs in a trailer park, When the lights were turned on in Iraq showing Saddams torturing and killing of 300,000 you all ran as fast as you could and hid, silence was deafining.

Now that an incident (cakecrumb) is on the floor you all come running out of the woodwork to feast on your agenda driven political morsel.

Yes these soldiers should and will face justice for what they have done.

I just can't sit back and listen to your moral indignation about the few, when you flat out ignored the many because it did'nt fit with your agenda, hypocrits abound here.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
The media circus and leftwing hand wringing on a story that broke in March is reminding me of cockroaches feasting on cake crumbs in a trailer park, When the lights were turned on in Iraq showing Saddams torturing and killing of 300,000 you all ran as fast as you could and hid, silence was deafining.

Now that an incident (cakecrumb) is on the floor you all come running out of the woodwork to feast on your agenda driven political morsel.

bull crap.... I have no political affiliation and think what the saddam regime did is a travesty ...but you know what ....we knew all along what he was doing even when are state dept. personnel were shaking hands with the scumbag .....we created that creep with manipulated events along with those nice creepos in england and israel back in the seventies and gave that regime money and weapons in the war against iran.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Is it so hard for people to understand that the world is full of perverts, jerks and morons and that being in the military doesn't make you a good person?

How many people in America and the world are raped, murdered, tortured, and humiliated to the point that some people even go postal?

You will find these kind of people in high school, college, wearing suits, wearing coveralls, in all walks of life.

When you join the military they don't look for you to be a good person, almost anyone can join the military. In a lot of cases joining the militar is a second chance given in court and not an option.

Joining the military doesn't mean that soldiers get brainwashed and conditioned to the point that they follow orders and follow an honorable code of conduct.

Soldiers are not robots, we are all human people, with flaws, soldiers and civilians, some even perverted to the point of not being human.

The immediate chain of command, sargeants and the CO, are the ones that should be held accountable together with the soldiers who did this, not the Bush administration.

This is another excuse for those people that have their own agenda to complain and bash the administration to do just that instead of trying to solve the issue at hand.

Bad things happen even in the military, but you can be sure that those responsible will be held accountable and punished for what they did.

Ashamed of the military? hell no, it was a bunch of perverts in the military who did this, not the entire military.

It is unfortunate but things like this happens all over the world, in all countries under the watch of ALL GOVERNMENTS AND ADMINISTRATIONS.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   

bull crap.... I have no political affiliation and think what the saddam regime did is a travesty ...but you know what ....we knew all along what he was doing even when are state dept. personnel were shaking hands with the scumbag .....we created that creep with manipulated events along with those nice creepos in england and israel back in the seventies and gave that regime money and weapons in the war against iran.

Ok, watcheroftheskies not to make this personal but only to drive my point home - I have a question for you and maybe all the other hand wringers. "did you or did you not vigorously call for Saddams overthrow when the news broke as early as 1992 that he was systimatically torturing and killing his own people?

I certainly do not condone or justify in any way what these soldiers did - my point is about moral bankruptcy of many that are complaining the loudest right now - in fact your post aptly proves my point by declaring "....we knew all along what he was doing" I failed to hear the outrage then that I am hearing now - never the less I do not condone this behavior - my only complaint is the hypocracy shown by many on this subject.

new topics

top topics

join