It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Greatest Discovery Of Our Universe?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   
What do you think it is? I'm not too keen on much about our universe other than the fact we don't know a whole lot, which is why I'm asking this question.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I believe the greatest discovery this far is the discovery of the existence of Anti-gravity. In fact scientists agree that the universe is actualling expanding faster and faster proving the existence of Anti-gravity. Using anti-gravity technology in the future we could pass the speed of light. This means there are an infinte amount of universes.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zuzubar
I believe the greatest discovery this far is the discovery of the existence of Anti-gravity. In fact scientists agree that the universe is actualling expanding faster and faster proving the existence of Anti-gravity. Using anti-gravity technology in the future we could pass the speed of light. This means there are an infinte amount of universes.

Could you give us some links to this? I don't remember seeing anything about the link between expansion and anti-gravity.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The accelerated expansion of the universe is usually contributed to a force that works against gravity. Some proposals about what causes this force are dark energy (vaccuum energy) and quintessence, a totally new force. We're still not sure what exactly causes the accelerated expansion.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 07:47 AM
link   
How does anti-gravity help us reach light speed?

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I think The Simpsons are up there in the top 10...

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
You mean before or after sliced-bread?

I'm just kidding, I have absolutly no idea...

Anti-gravity would be cool, but I won't believe it until I get my hoover-board.

Edit: Sorry, haven't seen this was in space exploration... Me and my silly big mouth...

[Edited on 10-5-2004 by m0rbid]

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
What about when we disovered that we could observe the world around us, and rationalize because of it. What about when we figured out that the rotation of the stars and the sun and the moon had a definite pattern. When we started to look to the universe. What about when we realized that there was more to the universe than just earth?

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Anti-gravity would be cool, but I won't believe it until I get my hoover-board.

Hoover board? You mean a board that while heading one of the worlds best Intelligence agencies, likes to wear womens clothing?

I think the greatest discovery of our universe is DNA and working out how human bodies work and what we are made of. How can we expect to understand the universe if we do not understand ourselves??

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
The inner workings of our subconcious minds would be number 1.

The realization that one person can make a difference sits at number 2.

Number 3 are the P2P applications that make anything posssible.

Number 4 is the wake up call that the Scorpions sang 25 CDs with an average of 12 songs on each CD, yet not many know about them.

Number 5 is the realization that there are other bands other than the ones shown on MTV.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I would have to say Beer, Vindaloo, and velcro in that order.....

But seriously... the fact that we are just a grain of sand in the cosmos, also quantum physics....

[Edited on 13-5-2004 by JCMinJapan]

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
i agree with websurfer, the greatest discovery have to be how our mind works. cuz you know...imagination is limitless

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I think music is the greatest discovery.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
i dont believe in gravity or anti-gravaity for that matter... simply cause i dont have to...

OUR universe.... wait a minute, i didnt think we actually owned it yet, but i take it that you didnt mean that in the possessive sense, but as in the OUR that shares it with who knows what.

[Edited on 13-5-2004 by deafence#]

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Im still trying to figure out how they get the soda in the soda cans...and THEN seal them back up..its rather perplexing....sry

Hmmm...greatest discovery....
Mary Jane.....tweedle dee tweedle dum....

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
The Thermos:

Keeps hot things hot and
Cold things cold.
How does it know?

Also, the discovery of Jupiter, as a planet, by Galilieo.
Setting in Motion (how appropriate), the solving of
the Mathematics of the motions of bodies in space.
Newton worked hard to solve the math, and now, we can put spacecraft, where we want them to go.

top topics

join