It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA ADMITS: Moon Landing Tapes Got Erased

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Weedwhacker, your sand dunes sucks in showing a strait line color change

Here is a better sand dune
www.eastziontourismcouncil.org...
www.photo.net...

Moon "sand dune"
img233.imageshack.us...
history.nasa.gov...

[edit on 23-7-2009 by conar]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
"LM east footpad close-up. At landing, the LM weight was about 16,000 terrestrial pounds. In the lunar gravity field, therefore, each of the four footpads is bearing a weight of about 670 pounds or 300 kilograms. There is a buildup of soil on the south side, indicating that the spacecraft was moving in that direction at touchdown. Otherwise, the footpad did not make much of an impression."
www.hq.nasa.gov...
www.hq.nasa.gov...
www.hq.nasa.gov...

Earth above the Eagle
www.hq.nasa.gov...

View of the LM and Earth during translunar coast.
www.hq.nasa.gov...
How can both the LM and Earth be in focus?

"Buzz took this photo of the area under the Descent Stage to document the effects of the engine plume. A radial pattern of scouring is readily visible."
www.hq.nasa.gov...

Landing area surrounded by darkness..
The shadow almost touch the darkness
www.hq.nasa.gov...

[edit on 24-7-2009 by conar]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Nice work Conar.....Got me thinking again.

Why is there no shadow cast from the flagpole here?

www.hq.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by conar

Here is a better sand dune
www.eastziontourismcouncil.org...
www.photo.net...

Yes, but.....those photos are obviously showing just a difference in the shadow, due to a low angle of the Sunlight.

Again, of your two Lunar pics, the first one...distant hills showing different textue and reflectivity, all very normal looking.

You second one, which you've used before, shows an area where the 'soil' is slightly different than the other 'soil' farther away. You can see, also, the LRV tracks into the "undisturbed" portion, where it is chrned up and resembles the 'soil' where the Astronaut is standing.

I'd liken it to a dry mud flat on Earth, but that is a rough comparison.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by conar

How can both the LM and Earth be in focus?

It's called "depth of field". Ever taken photography classes??? The ability to have a near and distant object both in focus is the result of 'stopping down' the aperture, or f-stop. Go grab an old SLR camera from a pawn shop, put some film in it, and experiment!

"Buzz took this photo of the area under the Descent Stage to document the effects of the engine plume. A radial pattern of scouring is readily visible."
www.hq.nasa.gov...

That is perfect! It shows that there was a loose, not very deep, layer on top, with a harder packed layer below. NOT stone, just 'caked' from billions of years of existence. Think about how dry flour can be tamped down into a fairly thick, hard substance...now, let that continue for two billion years.

Landing area surrounded by darkness..
The shadow almost touch the darkness

This one is simple (again). You're looking at the shadow of the LM, and a hill behind it, with a drop off...the other 'black' you see is the sky!!

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Why is there no shadow cast from the flagpole here?

Now, you're just nitpicking!

Look at the terrain. EVERYTHING has a shadow, but it's hard to tell if the shadow from the flag pole from that angle just can't be seen, because of the uneven terrain!!

Look for examples outside, here on Earth. I'm sure they won't be hard to find....

Here...this is a picture from inside the LM, to show how they set up a 16mm camera, aimed out the LM window. It took a series of stills, and they )Aldrin and Armstrong) intentionally set up the flag within the camera's area of view:

Here's just one of the photos from that camera:

[edit on 24 July 2009 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Now, you're just nitpicking! Look at the terrain. EVERYTHING has a shadow, but it's hard to tell if the shadow from the flag pole from that angle just can't be seen, because of the uneven terrain!!

C'mon, the Astronaut has one and the footprints........
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/516fec57b271.jpg[/atsimg]

Presenting a DIFFERENT picture,
from a DIFFERENT angle
taken at a DIFFERENT time
does not solve anomaly in my book.

(Edit picture size and add caption):

AS11-40-5875 Buzz and the U.S. flag. Note the well-defined footprints in the foreground. The shadows indicate that Buzz is standing with the Sun directly in front of him.

[edit on 24-7-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

In the full picture, look at the Astronaut's left leg shadow. Notice how harrow it looks, then widens as you follow it?

It looks narrow where the terrain is sloping away, down, from the viewpoint of the camera, THEN, the shadow widens as the terrain flattens the other way.

I can't get a real sense of the actual lay of the terrain, but the shadowing on the flag itself is consistent with all the other shadows I see.

We have the pics from the 16mm camera to reference.

Other than that, it HAS to be the uneven terrain. 1969, there was no such thing as "photoshop"...

I am intently looking at the shape of that thin pole's shadow, here, in what appears to be a bowl-shaped depression in the Lunar surface:

This shows, after their bootprints have greatly disturbed the soil immediately surrounding the base of the pole, how the shadow is erose, because of the rough surface:

Also, notice when comparing the exterior shot, tothe one from inside the LM. The shadow of Aldrin's legs continues to edge of frame, we don't even yet see his crotch or torso shadow. THEN, the 'bird's nest' view, and note where the flag's shadow is...well out of the frame of the other shot. SO, we're just trying to see a very thin (1/2 inch? 3/4 inch?) diameter pole shadow, on a rough surface.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Here is a wider view:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/63df64502818.jpg[/atsimg]

FYI, I NEVER said Photoshop, your term.

Also, notice when comparing the exterior shot, tothe one from inside the LM. The shadow of Aldrin's legs continues to edge of frame, we don't even yet see his crotch or torso shadow. THEN, the 'bird's nest' view, and note where the flag's shadow is...well out of the frame of the other shot. SO, we're just trying to see a very thin (1/2 inch? 3/4 inch?) diameter pole shadow, on a rough surface.

If I may, you are fixated on the Hi Angle photo (NOT in question here) which was OBVIOUSLY taken at a DIFFERENT time.

Hey, I'm just getting ya back for the 'parked' Rover analysis.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

They were taken at the same time.

Here is the 16mm, titled 'Armstrong photographs Aldrin saluting the flag' It is "AP11FR11"

Here is one of the two taken, this time from the camera Armstrong was holding. 'Buzz' is turned slightly towards Armstrong, so it looks a lot like the 16mm pic:

THAT one is # AS11-40-5875, 'Aldrin slautes U.S. Flag'

Pictures from:www.apolloarchive.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

All right, I see the shadow from hi angle: (see shadow on footprints)

www.hq.nasa.gov...

But not in the one I posted. I'm not convinced of 'uneven surface' explanation. Sorry.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
This shows, after their bootprints have greatly disturbed the soil immediately surrounding the base of the pole, how the shadow is erose, because of the rough surface:

Also, the flag is not in the same position as in the previous photo, it was mover further away from the LM.

Edited to add: It's no surprise that the disturbed soil can be seen on the LRO photos, look at how easily it changed to a darker hue.

[edit on 24/7/2009 by ArMaP]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Are you sure?

Each image I see from the 16mm camera showing the flag, has it in the same position. the camera in the LM was mounted in a fixed position.

The Armstrong photos show the flag clearly near the LM. The whole point was to be in camera view of the 16mm.

Too bad they didn't think about the thrust from the departure, blowing the flag over! But, it's only a symbol, anyway. Kinda funny, really.

EDIT because....the topic!

I do happen to think this is relevant, since although the very poor quality original video camera tapes in NASA's possession were erased, this shows ample other evidence of the mission!! AND, the flag blowing over seems to lend authenticity to the reality, one would think!

AND, of course, we know that the videos were saved by other entities.

As to KK's flag pole shadow...I suppose a quick trip out to a dirt pile with a camera, a pole and a volunteer to stand in for Buzz could solve that dilemma easily...

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Regarding the image you posted, AS11-40-5875, I downloaded a hires version of it from The Gateway to Astronaut Photography on Earth, and I can see no shadow from the flagpole between the pole and the astronauts boots. It is possible that the uneven terrain is hiding the shadow.

But behind the astronaut, I think I see a very thin, darker line which MAY be the shadow of the pole. (I am NOT certain about this at all!) The dark line is in the red rectangle in this cropped version of the photo:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/10c26e28feb1.jpg[/atsimg]

The hi res version of the photo can be found here, but it will not stay up for long if you want to have a look at it or download it:
eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

If the image is no longer to be found through the above link, you can order it here:
eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
ArMap is correct........... (50/50 blend)
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6513f71a95fd.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Oh, thanks...

It's such a small distance, easy to miss at a glance. Seems I recall they had difficulty getting a good depth in the hard surface...guess they hunted 'til finding the best spot, still within camera range.

I'm sure it's in one of the audio tapes, somewhere. . .

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
I'm not convinced of 'uneven surface' explanation. Sorry.

See if this photo shows better the "uneven surface".

Convinced?

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

That certainly is compelling, or as we say here in the South after someone has served a great meal....."Them's some good groceries."

(An indirect acknowledgement to cook without actual praise.)

I'll keep digging. Nice job. Thanks

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Man!!! I could have found that....( left it for you, though...
)

NOW, the real conspiracy!!

When I zoomed in on photo AS-11-40-5905 I saw the big white worm!!

Now, to me, that looks suspiciously like undulatous nematoda suspectus --- I know someone else is going to suggest it's another "proof" of fakery, like a misplaced piece of studio equipment, or something! Thought I'd be first. . .

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
This is a very interesting documentary about the Moon machines
Some of the early lunar rovers had some fun designs, because they didnt know what surface to expect

Lunar rover
www.youtube.com...

Command module
www.youtube.com...

Lunar Module
www.youtube.com...

Navigation Computer
www.youtube.com...

Saturn V
www.youtube.com...

Space suits
www.youtube.com...