It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there something in the air in Iraq causing bizarre behavior? wtf

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   
something must be in the air or in the water, maybe even in the mre's that our soldiers eat that is causing their bizarre sexual fetishes to come light in Iraq.

Not only do we have coalition soldiers using sadistic sexual type acts on prisoners and taking pics, we also have soldiers do similiar things to other soldiers. This article talks only of pictures, but it wouldn't surprise me to hear of more horrendous actions between soldiers themselves.

Former Prison Commander Faces Legal Action for Iraq Shower Photos
A former National Guard commander accused of photographing naked female U.S. soldiers as they showered at Iraq's Abu Ghraib prison faces legal proceedings, officials said.
Capt. Leo V. Merck, 32, of Fremont, Calif., allegedly took the photos Nov. 12 and was turned in the next day by the three women.

Merck and the women were part of the 870th Military Police Company of Pittsburg, which patrolled parts of the same prison where other U.S. soldiers photographed their humiliating treatment of naked Iraqi prisoners.

Soldiers from the 870th passed through the Army's Fort Lewis in Washington state last month after leaving Iraq, where they served on active duty for just over a year. Merck has been ordered to return to Fort Lewis to face legal action.

Officials at Fort Lewis said they didn't know his whereabouts. Calls to his home in Fremont were not returned

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I have noticied from what I have read, that all of these are Guardsmen/women that are doing this crap.
Lack of discipline during training? Maybe they just don't have the morals..I don't know.

[Edited on 8-5-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I was thinking there training went wrong but this raises an interesting point. Most people would not do this yet it's happening at an alarming rate in Iraq. They are in the desert maybe being away from home one way put them in a sexual moods.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   
something is just wrong with these people.
this is probably one of those negatives effects that war has on people. But it is really bizarre and shouldn't be allowed to happen. Perhaps more careful pyschological screenings should be done on soldiers in the military...weed out the perverts. Perhaps extended tours of duty triggers emotional and chemical reactions in the body that causes people to flip out... maybe more should be done to satisfy normal sexual urges instead of allowing them to resort to these actions.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 09:02 AM
link   
This bizarre behavior is a lack of training and indoctrination of the reasons for which the Geneva conventions must be strictly observed.

The training a soldier receives in Basic Combat Training is just that... BASIC. Most of your real training and knowledge is acquired over an extended period at soldiers' permanent duty. Guard and reserve units have no permanent party and the weekends they spend at drill are ususally relegated to vehicle and equipment maintenance.

I have spent extensive time in classrooms and studying correspondence courses learning the Geneva conventions and Law of Land warfare, and that extensive training and personal dedication is what is required to understand one's role with regard to the conventions. Even more difficult it is to recognize and understand the importance of adherence, and the consequences of the failure to adhere.

Well, we all can see now what those consequenses are, and we will assuredly see more of those consequenses well into the future. Our credibility in the world's eyes has been compromised even more now since the abuses took place, and the Iraqi people who didn't like our involvement there in the first place now have great cause and justification for more fighting. We just humiliated people in a way that is not only personally destructive for the victims, but in a way that is an affront to their chosen diety.

The extremists are waging holy war against us because they view our policies and procedures to be offensive to Allah, which is fine, but now, our actions have proved offensive even to the typical American God, which leaves us little recourse for argument.

Here's the deal: Bad Dog=Bad Owner... Bad Kid=Bad Parent... Bad SOLDIER=Bad LEADER!

Give these kids their BAD CONDUCT discharges, but NAIL the leadership of the 300th MP Brigade and make an example of them that will not soon be forgotten....

That oughta fix something.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Maybe the soldiers were drugged.

I read somewhere that the soldiers were given hallucinagenic pills to reduce their fear of war.

Soldiers were seen laughing and joking around during shootouts.

I found the link: www.jihadunspun.com.../home.php

Mafkarat al-Islam's correspondent in al-Fallujah reports that for more than 10 days the Resistance fighters in the besieged city have been remarking about a phenomenon that they find strange and surprising. Resistance fighters have frequently noticed that many of the American aggressor troops are laughing as they storm into districts in al-Fallujah. The Mafkarat al-Islam correspondent personally witnessed this clearly when he was close to the events as US aggressors tried to storm an-Nizal neighborhood in the besieged city on Saturday.

The correspondent wrote that he saw two American soldiers laughing, such as to arouse pity for them, despite all the Resistance gunfire being poured at their position and their comrades dying around them. Both of the Americans were later killed in the battle. The Mafkarat al-Islam correspondent writes that the Resistance learned later from interrogations of captured American Marines that the US military medical service distributes a type of halucinogenic pill to the troops that prompts laughter and reduces the sense of fear in combat conditions.

The reverse situation has been revealed in the despair and terror exhibited by the US troops when their lines of supply of food and medicine have been cut - a phenomenon that has been witnessed by nearby Resistance fighters.

[Edited on 8-5-2004 by The Quiet Storm]

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Dead link. Also very, very highly unlikely.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Do you know why this is happening ....? Because it is secretly being promoted.....
Why does Rumsfeld now say that photos hes seen show worse things than this ? and now there is going to be a video released....?

Think about it.......

Who's releasing the video and the new pictures....?

who released the current pictures were seeing .....?

This is no soldier with a camera and a camcorder who just decided he felt bad and is going to release theese pictures......think about it.....

The powers that be are going to ramp up the war on terror by creating more terror .....

That way when crap hits the fan here in the u.s. ,they will have another good reason to add to the list of why the terrorists hate us Americans.......

Then guess what ?

They are going to offer the solution......
Theese pictures dont get out by mistake .....and if rummy has seen worse ones why would they want to release them......????

all i ask is everyone just to ponder this and i think you will find there is only one logical answer.......

[Edited on 8-5-2004 by watcheroftheskies]

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Quiet Storm

Maybe the soldiers were drugged.

I read somewhere that the soldiers were given hallucinagenic pills to reduce their fear of war.

Soldiers were seen laughing and joking around during shootouts.

I found the link: www.jihadunspun.com.../home.php

Good theory ...but if the drugs they were given were true hallucinogenics ....then i feel they would be less likely to commit theese acts .......if youve done real hallucinogenics you would know what i mean.....
just consider asking one of our fellow ATS members (Lysergic) for his opinion on this.......

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Yea?? The link is messed up!

I got it from David Icke.com When it was first posted on the site it worked, and when I went to link, the chunk that was quoted on the website (which I have provided here) is all they had the say about the drugged soldiers.

So, the link may not work but what I have quoted is everything that was in the link that pertained to drugged soldiers in the war on Iraq.

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I may get flamed for this, but oh well... I can't help but look at the prisoner abuse situation as one single screwed up unit with bad leadership. I can't believe in a conspiracy theory with drugs because of one unit. The wish to "ramp up more terror" seems a bit more plausible, but my gut says no. My time in the military, and when I was a civilian EMT showed me that some units or groups, while under the heading of overall leadership, when they get broken down into smaller groups and are expected to make decisions for themselves just plain old screw up. I think this was a poorly trained group of soldiers, who didn't want to be where they were, and like a child pulling the wings off of a fly, took it out on the most helpless thing they could.

[Edited on 9-5-2004 by Tripnastic]

new topics

top topics

join