It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Traits of an Empath: Descriptions and Discussion

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ogbert

did you read my post above its here www.abovetopsecret.com... there are a few tips on how to calm your mind etc and will help you out a lot. i know the feeling of loneliness can be overbearing itself so i recomend tryin the mind calming measure i wrote in that link it does work and helps you to have some you time.

I feel that its not always good to completely block out the negativity as sometimes we need it to ground us, and helps us remember that not everything is all good, it keeps things in perspective, well for me anyways.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Badfuture

I don't look at it as a gift or a burden..just something some people can do...the problem is we expect everyone else to feel the same..and for some its difficult coming to grips with that!

Got to my age nearly 50..and through all the things I have done..it has given me so much insight into how people are!!

Its not just about sensing when people are ill, playing mind games, suffering but you can also sense the good things in all things..

Thats when its worth it for the nice warm fuzzy feeling !!lol

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Yes,

I did read your post;and, you have some great advice.

Myself, i have to balance my own ego. I can get into the heat of it, if i choose. My decision is to either reflect the negativity or to withdraw. Of course sometimes it is impossible to withdraw, gracefully. In other words--leave!

I can remember being screamed at once by a significant other over some trivial things. I had grown to endure it, but eventually, i gave up. So, when it happened this time i could actually hear what was being said, but, i found that pink floyd was playing in the background; and, i focused my attention away from the screaming and to the music. It was almost trancelike; amplifying the music and dampening the anger directed at me.

I was watching an angry person and the lips move; but, my mind was elsewhere.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ogbert

that is exactly what i do, i take my focus elsewhere and effectively as you say, it gets to the point were the lips are moving but you dont understand a word!, BUT i have got so good at doing this that when asked what was said i can recite word for word

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Dewm0nster

"I guess my starting points are:
(A) Who cares?
And (B) You're not special just because you're over emotional. "

Aye !! lol ..who cares...so in the scheme of things the empath will make bugger all difference!!..but they are there!!

Who said they were over emotional!!.. or special?

Your not one of Werdafts mates are you? ..lol

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Reply to post by ronishia

yeah, exactly!

That's what i mean about a psychic vampire--dumping on you!

Just nod head; and, when you hear," Your not listening."

just hit rewind, and, recite something said and then wait for them to get going again.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by ogbert]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by shuck

".the problem is we expect everyone else to feel the same..and for some its difficult coming to grips with that! "

Stab in the dark here. Making an assumption. Correct me if i am wrong!

To me, you could be someone with a high degree of integrity; and, can not understand how anyone else could be deceitful. That you find no values in lies. Therefore, you naturally, "expect" others to do as you do. I bet you are a strong presence to content with around those who use psychological warfare, through said methods of deceitfulness.

btw. I am hittin 53 in 2 weeks.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jackieps1975

I think i may well be an Empath as i too have extra senses.... I don't really like being in noisy & crowded places.... it really is not nice and so i too have become more Isolated as the time has gone by.... I'm not too sure about your saying of 'passing through generations' because none of my family have it.... I do feel alone here but on this site i have met a few others like me....

BTW I love Wildlife & Nature but i am surrounded by brick & concrete.... actually there is a park nearby where i go for a run or walk but i'd prefer there to be much more space so i can breathe........ need more trees not buildings! I'm also fed up with the ignorant self minded people who think they know best & run the country according to what they come up with while sitting around a table...... fanaticals & radicals are anothe set of people who get on my nerves........

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ogbert

Nice one!!..thats pretty accurate!....

So how did you get that ??..did you read between my lines??

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ogbert

Wow, I haven't heard the phrase 'psychic vampire' in a long time! I've had a few of those in my day. Why is it that we recognize these people for what they are, yet we still allow them to affect us?!

I have gotten better at removing myself from those situations over the years......but they are always so darn attractive to me! We are like magnets to them. Luckily as I have gotten older, I've been able to put better boundaries in place.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by shuck

I think it was just that your attitude hit me as positive. You are looking at the good and the bad. The "expectation" that others get it was the biggest clue.
Other than that I don't really know. Like i said it was a stab in the dark. Just came to me.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

so glad you decided to come and check the thread out, as i mentioned to you previously it sounded a lot like you have the same gift. there is a lot of information here if you take the time to have a look, and also many ways to help you deal with it all and clear your mind.

plus if you have any questions or want to share info then feel free to

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I'm curious.
Am I the only "teenager" here in this thread?
For you guys that are with one foot in the grave already (jk
), did you realize all of this when you were a teenager? Or this realization only came much much later? Sometimes I think that I am extremely precocious.

I'm just wondering (and my ego is all bouncy right now, let it bounce and it will stop by itself, no need to talk about it or we will just give it more power to make it bounce stronger).

[edit on 17-7-2009 by Geladinhu]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Geladinhu

i first realised when i was around 11-12 well thats when i became more aware of my gifts

im now 27

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I'll try to put a finger on it if i can. To me, let's say that i am the lion in the wizard of oz and i want a heart. The tin man is frustrated, because he does not have a brain. The tin man is jealous of me because i have a brain and he knows i want a heart. The tin man has a heart and he uses it to convince me that i do not need a heart and that i can never have one. so, we both give up and co-miserate!

The tin man has stolen my energy!

On another level, I can expend a great deal of my own energy to help someone see things in a different way. It can be very subtle; therefore, they may not even be aware.
If there is no return of energy; you can become drained. Often described as burnout in health professions.

There are some people who will drain off of your better nature. Empathy is like saying, "hey, iv'e been there; and, this is how i would get out of it or change. A psychic vampire never changes. They come back for more blood if you allow it. They give you their negative energy and feed off of your positive energy. You want to help them and they know it. Some will become forever the "victim" demanding sympathy instead of good advice.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I knew at a very young age. In fact, from the time I can remember, I realized that I knew more than I should have. I was especially perceptive, although I remained pretty quiet about it once I caught on to what was happening. I'm sure it varies for everyone though. Perhaps other young people such as yourself feel they are different but can't pinpoint just yet what those differences are exactly. It's just another one of those things on the journey of self discovery.

P.S. I'm not that old......jeez! You should know by now that ATS has a very wide age range!

P.S.S. Finally leaving the office and heading home. Will check in later xo

[edit on 17-7-2009 by jackieps1975]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I had my first epiphany when i was 13.

It started to freak me out, when i started asking people subtle questions and adults started asking me for relationship advice. Since, i had never had one this was quite ironic.

I have always "thought outside the box", even as a child. I was ten when i saw the ufo in my avatar. Freaky things happened around me a lot that are hard to explain scientifically.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Interesting, I guess I'm not precocious then. Just "right in time".

Actually the mountain never came to me. I always went after the mountain. Until I realized that all I knew were mountains.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ogbert

Ogbert, you brought up an interesting point.

We do definitely seem to attract the "unknown". From the time I can remember, I had bizarre experiences........and thought about extremely unusual things. I always felt like I had been here before, it's hard to explain. I've only had one sighting and honestly I'm not 100% sure what it was. I tend to "feel" things long before I actually see them.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

It's so interesting how I share some characteristics with you guys but at the same time I find many other characteristics that are quite the opposite.

For example, "feeling" before seeing resonates a lot with me.
The animal thing too. I love animals and animals seem to love me (my black cat is just chilling by my side while I type this).

On the other side though. The unknown never was attracted to me, or at least I never noticed. But I have been always EXTREMELY attracted to the unknown.

edit: eek, serious grammatical mistake.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join