It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Traits of an Empath: Descriptions and Discussion

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
What a great thread. As an empath and the daughter of a lakota shaman. I had the luck of being taught how to control what was going on. My dad is also an empath.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
some very interesting responses and viewpoints thus far, for me anyway i dont see myself as fragile or weakened in any sense i actually find myself to be more aware of how people will perceive me and themselves. Do i find having these senses a burden? in the beginning i did but as the years went by i began to think of it as a gift, a rare insight very few people can have in life. When you start to think negatively about how you are then negitive responses is what you will get.

few people know but there are actually different levels of being an empath, i consider myself to be a precog seer perhaps a mixture of something else i dont know, does that seem like ego? mayb to those that dont know me but to me its normal and its being aware.

Intuitive Empathy, Emotional or Clairempathy…is to sense or feel within ourselves, attitudes or emotions from others.

Precognition….is emotions or feelings of some future event or place.

Telepathy…which includes thoughts as well as feelings.

Physical or Healing Empathy….a type of body reading, where one can either sense or feel an ailment, then goes on to use universal energy healing (or other types) if given permission to do so. Also it should be advised for the healee to have a doctors visit if condition is persistent or severe.

Intellectual Shape Shifting….where you know what was meant to be said during conversation, but the words were not coming out as in the thought process of the other person.

Seer…..a form of seeing where the emotions are coming from and why they are causing the emotion, thus giving us a more intense feelings as to why. This also allows us confirmation. One will get visions of a scenario. Sometimes its can hit us like running into a brick wall, it’s stunning, though we know what hit us.

Spiritual Empathy….a god like ability in all of us, when in touch with this, or by opening up to it, by looking into ones eyes, the spiritual empath, can sense the other persons oneness with their god.

Then there are rear types of empathy,
Such as Molecular Empathy…which ones aura blends into another persons aura, both at a super fine level. From there they can move on to a more spiritual level together.

Animal Empathy....these empaths, have the gift of talking to animals and understanding their needs. You understand how it is to be that particular animal..dog, cat….etc.

The list goes on to Medical Empathy, Enviromental Empathy, Garden Empathy, Crystal Empathy…..

In all we sense and feel. We know. period.
Some of us take on people only, others… animals, plants, buildings….etc. as well
We may have just one gift of empathy or many.

An empathic person looks below the surface, as well as the surface. Thus understanding where others are coming from, or why we are having these feelings from an object.

Let’s try this now -

Now some of you are concerned about turning off empathy. One thing we can do is look into ourselves. Just like we do with others.
Remember we can see below the surface in others, we can do the same for ourselves. Try this exercise. It works well in public or at home.
Anytime, any place. First think about your favorite color, The shade of it
If you like to wear this color, if you decorate with this color….etc
Now go deeper, how does this color affect how you feel?
Does it make you happy, content, uplifted, calm….etc.
You can do this with sounds as well, like music, the sound of birds…etc.
This will help you focus on you, thus turning off any outside interference. We all need our “me” time.

We all have warning signals. Most of us the signals first start in our solar plexus. We need to get in touch with ourselves. Know our signals and from there we can tune into ourselves when needed.

Try this small exercise -
Try if your standing close and talking with someone. If feelings start to rise or you become bogged down as if your energy sinks….excuse yourself. Walk a few feet away. If the feeling seems to not be so strong, then you know where it was actually coming from. It wasn’t you.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ronishia

Intriguing stuff there Roni!

I never thought of breaking it down that way! Seeing how you describe the different aspects clarified alot for me, as in where my strengths and weaknesses lie within my abilities. I'm thinking we may be very similiar! I too have additional facets that I never correlated as being part of this.

It's entirely fair to say that this is the basis for the growth of advanced psychic abilities. I've had instances of clairvoyance but personally I have chosen not to work with these additional attributes. I'm comfortable with what is natural for me but I don't want to try to strengthen the 'other things' that are possible for me. I already have alot on my plate (so to speak)....lol

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jackieps1975

Yeah.
Poor me, just a regular old human.

If only I was on the super sensitive end of the spectrum.
Knowing all my life, that I was somehow, just more "tuned in" to people than everyone else.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Dewm0nster

wow sarcasm oh how i love thee

to me you sound either rather bitter or think its all hogwash and about being special and we are pandering to our ego's and you know what that is fine by me, your entitled to feel the way you do. But perhaps instead of the sarcasm you would like to contribute to this thread? if you have a viewpoint then by all means share it but please, with less sarcasm in your tone.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
You're all padding your egos.
You're not "special."

There's absolutely no way to prove it; so what do I even argue?

If someone claimed to have super human strength, they could demonstrate it.

If someone claimed to have telekinesis, they could demonstrate it.

Someone claims to be "super emotional"?

I guess my starting points are:
(A) Who cares?
And (B) You're not special just because you're over emotional.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

like you i choose to expand my precog and seer abilities perhaps i have more underlying but i have concentrated on what seems to be my strengths. Alot of people seem to misinterpret what an empath is and not many are aware but a vast majority of us are actually empaths just alot dont realize they are and there there are many variabilities of empaths, perhaps my list will help break it down for other people as it did you and if they choose to they can learn to hone there skills in time.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Well you don't need to be super sensitive but how about just a little less of a jack ass? We are totally open to compromise here

Also, at least try to have enough ingenuity to wrap some meaningful message around your insults. That would help validate you in at least a small way.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackieps1975

Well you don't need to be super sensitive but how about just a little less of a jack ass? We are totally open to compromise here

Also, at least try to have enough ingenuity to wrap some meaningful message around your insults. That would help validate you in at least a small way.

I didn't break the T&C with my jabbings, you however decided to take it that one step further.

Congratulations, you're the bigger man now it'd appear.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dewm0nster
I guess my starting points are:
(A) Who cares?
And (B) You're not special just because you're over emotional.

you do have valid points there, and yes some empaths pander to their ego's and think their special etc i for one dont think im all that special im just a normal (well normal for ats) person who happens to have gifts. It doesnt affect the way i treat people for me i actually understand people alot more.

For me i dont feel that i have anything to prove to anyone, i know what i think and feel it doesnt matter to me if anyone believes me or not.

LOL at over emotional, not all empaths are over intuned with theirs or anyone elses emotions. you mentioned telekineses you do realize that this ability is in the empath category dont you? but yes i get the point you stated.

and yes your right, who cares? well not alot of people do accept the ones who have participated in this thread for a better understanding of what being an empath is all about, they come to ask questions or advice, which is why the OP was made, to help people better understand.

as i said you did bring some pretty valid points and ones that i have encountered many times before in my life.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Oh but we can prove it. In a face to face conversation (or even over the phone), most of us can easily sum up an individual and their situation, astonishing you with our perceptions. Likely you wouldn't want to hear them. Nor do I take you for the type to accept any real challenge on the subject anyway. I figured I'd go ahead and throw it out there though cuz I'm fun like that!

Clearly no one here has anything to prove to you.

In addition, get some new material. These are the same tired insults reguritated by individuals such as yourself when they lack an intellectual thought to add to a discussion.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

replying the way you did i do not agree with however valid you felt it was, please refrain from getting into things like this and answer sarcasm with sarcasm, its not right nor nice.

Any one is free to ask what they will in here even if it is from another standpoint, replying in a not sarcastic/in your face manner will get you a reply back in the same manner you give.

sorry for the lecture hun

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I'm not all sweetness and light all the time. Nor was my statement sarcastic. I was dead serious. I certainly didn't want any of the contributors to get upset though, so I apologize for that. Normally I wouldn't even entertain an argument like this but I'm more than a little irritated that he still hasn't made one contribution, yet continues to make attempts to get under our skin.

In addition, to the guy that accused me of violating T&C. That appears in the dictionary so I wouldn't get too huffy about it. I was very concious about not violating.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

you do have valid points there, and yes some empaths pander to their ego's and think their special etc i for one dont think im all that special im just a normal (well normal for ats) person who happens to have gifts. It doesnt affect the way i treat people for me i actually understand people alot more.

I wonder where people get the idea that we are praising ourselves for being special. ?? It's really not that hard to accept that all individuals are different and many of them do have certain types of abilities and gifts.

I think alot of the threads that have been dedicated to Indigo's, Starseeds and the like have given serious misconceptions to anything even resembling a similiar subject. That's entirely unfair. I think if everyone took a moment to genuinely read through this thread would find it's something of a completely different nature, something much more tangible.

*sigh*
(not getting ornary or arguing anymore today. It was small of me to let myself get so aggravated. I'm only human
)

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

hun i aint all sweetness and light either trust me
my husband often tells me he swears he sees horns somtimes, if you feel that your temper rise then ignore it till you calm down and come back and reply, and i wasnt upset at either of you which is why i replyed ot him to further contribute but with less sarcasm, none of us here wants to see this thread die or get closed etc as there is a lot of good information in here, i just wanted to calm things down if i stepped on yer toes them smite me down

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

maybe its the way we come across to people (well some of us?) i dont know and tbh i dont care if someone thinks i am egotistical or so called special lol, but i have met a few people over the years who have had a major ego about the gifts they have which is why i replyed the way i did

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Found this....It's funny because before "empath" became the term, I used to just call myself a "hyper-sensitive", not meaning crybaby :p but meaning as indicated below:

Highly Sensitive Person (HSP): "a person born with a trait that makes them aware of all kinds of subtle messages from the outside and inside. It's not that our eyes or ears are sharper. It's that we process more deeply the information we receive." ~ Dr. Elaine N. Aron, author of The Highly Sensitive Person.

And for us who have the animal thing going on

You might be an animal empath if:

1) You swear you and your pets know what the other thinks or feels.

2) You WISH you could know what your pets are thinking.

3) You often encounter unusual animals--especially after seeing them in a magazine or on TV.

4) People notice that you and your animal friend have begun to look and/or act alike.

5) Sometimes you feel trapped, even though you have plenty of room to move around.

6) You catch yourself talking to bugs.

7) You look into an animal's eyes and think you see a soul.

8) You like animals better than people.

9) You strongly relate to certain types of animals, i.e. butterflies, rabbits, dogs, cheetahs, etc.

10) Pets find YOU, even though you never want another one. (This includes having other family members' furry friends "adopt" you despite your gruff manner and lack of attention.)

11) You suffer from insomnia and happen to eat chicken.

12) You feel sad, angry or anxious after eating animal products (meat, fish, eggs, dairy, bee products).
source link: ezinearticles.com...?&id=1465030

Granted a few of those sound silly but the jist of it is good. I'm completely there except for two of the items. I don't think we look alike....lol and number 3, as I cannot say I've come into contact with anything particularly unusual in my area.

For me #8 says it all!
It's even in my profile.....lol

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

TY
I am all better now. Normally I don't argue on ATS but something about that just got me all grrrrrr! Possibly PMS....lol

Regarding the accusations of being egotistical. You know what I think it is? I find that alot of people are simply uncomfortable discussing these type of things. Anything out of the ordinary automatically puts them on the defensive. To veil their discomfort surrounding their lack of self realization they seem project negative ideas onto others.

Perhaps individuals that obtain great success from their gifts would be more of the ego-maniacal type. I seriously doubt that is the case here or with anyone on this thread. Personally, I've never come into contact with a "truly" gifted individual that was arrogant. I know a true medium that I have worked with on a few occassions and he's an amazingly humble person. In addition, I know a few spiritual healers that are also very down to earth.

Although, I must say that alot of the low level psychics, a good example would be a fairly famous animal communicator (I won't give HER name, lol). Anyway, I've come into contact with a few of these people that really need a good smack to the head IMHO. They reek of arrogance and self-fulfillment. Perhaps it's because I do alot with animals so I've just been exposed to more of these people. Not sure. I can tell you that it's an area that is infiltrated by many complete fakes. It's extremely uncomfortable when they ask why I do not want to work with them. What can you really say? "Cuz I know you're full of it?" "You're a fake and I'd like to put you out of business?". It may be nice to actually say those things but I never have. Hopefully they are actually helping people on some level though I doubt it.

I often find that arrogance and incapability go hand in hand. People that are true tend to be more modest, at least in my experience.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackieps1975

i think that low level people as you stated are giving the rest of us a bad name, and yea one could say that in a lot of situations the persons lack of understanding or lack of wanting to understand brings out that side in them i have met it many times in my life to the point that its just water off a ducks back after a while.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The other day, i had the strangest sensation. I was walking into Lowe's and there were two lovers in the parking lot and they were hugging each other as if they had just made up or were in grief, like something awful had happened. Of course i absorbed it. It felt sad but relieved in a way and also hesitant. like a compromise. Anyway, chick was much more bleeding than the dude was.

So, i was looking to replace a floor lamp . The other one i had was broken from my frequent moves. I found another one just like it; and, it was on sale. I sat there staring at that lamp for 15 minutes. That feeling crept up on me and i wasn't even aware of it. I became confused. I was like i really want this lamp. (it is a reading lamp that emulates natural sunlight. they are great.) but, then i became sad about the last one; and, i knew i couldn't haul it around with me. But no other lamp would do. I just sat there staring at that lamp.

anyway, i didn't buy the lamp, but, it seems the other people had triggered my own emotions. The Lamp symbolized the relationship i can not have now, since i travel year round in my work.

I had to go home and shut the door and rejuvinate myself in solitude. Sometimes, when experiencing other's emotions, it can become confusing as to whose is whose.

But, like the other poster said, I can block it, especially, if it is negativity. I think part of the reason i travel is to get that solitude at times. Mostly, i live in motel rooms by the week, by myself.

I once tried the seclusion thing on rural property in Tennessee, but the loneliness was too overbearing.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join