It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Traits of an Empath: Descriptions and Discussion

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

Long time no see!

Well, we do of course have our downside too. I often feel like others are emotionally inferior.....or simply do not have the capacity to understand me at all.

I'm sure we've all done our share of manipulating on occassion. Although I wouldn't say it's fair to think all empaths make a habit of this. People manipulate eachother all the time. Empathic abilities may make us better at it but it certainly doesn't make us feel good about doing it. Sometimes it just happens. Sometimes we may take advantage of it. We are only human after all.

Most of us are significantly more thoughtful, compassionate and considerate than the majority of people. Simply because we feel everything, we are more concious of our behaviors and actions towards others. Being so sensitive makes you more understanding. It also makes it very easy for people to take advantage of us. Personally, I'm a mush and everyone close to me knows it.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by jackieps1975]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jackieps1975

Well, basically I would be using the oils for depression/anxiety, concentration and physical pain.

What would you recommend?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Geladinhu

i checked out that number thing it says i am a 4

Type Four in Brief

Fours are self-aware, sensitive, and reserved. They are emotionally honest, creative, and personal, but can also be moody and self-conscious. Withholding themselves from others due to feeling vulnerable and defective, they can also feel disdainful and exempt from ordinary ways of living. They typically have problems with melancholy, self-indulgence, and self-pity. At their Best: inspired and highly creative, they are able to renew themselves and transform their experiences.

* Basic Fear: That they have no identity or personal significance
* Basic Desire: To find themselves and their significance (to create an
identity)
* Enneagram Four with a Three-Wing: "The Aristocrat"
* Enneagram Four with a Five-Wing: "The Bohemian"

Key Motivations: Want to express themselves and their individuality, to create and surround themselves with beauty, to maintain certain moods and feelings, to withdraw to protect their self-image, to take care of emotional needs before attending to anything else, to attract a "rescuer."
The Meaning of the Arrows (in brief)

When moving in their Direction of Disintegration (stress), aloof Fours suddenly become over-involved and clinging at Two. However, when moving in their Direction of Integration (growth), envious, emotionally turbulent Fours become more objective and principled, like healthy Ones

FULL EXPLINATION OF BEING A NUMBER 4

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I will u2u you with some recommendations so that we don't get too off-topic in this thread. Look for a message from me in your mail later

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ronishia

Did you actually take the test or just read and tried to assimilate yourself?
Its good to take the test. First time I knew about the enneagram I thought I was something (5) then I realized I was something else (9) - which includes a little bit of all of the others.

Number 9 made much more sense to me. Even though I could recognize myself in almost all of the other numbers.

Try taking the test!

[edit on 16-7-2009 by Geladinhu]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

yea i took the test and thats what it gave me lol this part sounds like me tbh

We have named this type The Individualist because Fours maintain their identity by seeing themselves as fundamentally different from others. Fours feel that they are unlike other human beings, and consequently, that no one can understand them or love them adequately. They often see themselves as uniquely talented, possessing special, one-of-a-kind gifts, but also as uniquely disadvantaged or flawed. More than any other type, Fours are acutely aware of and focused on their personal differences and deficiencies.

Healthy Fours are honest with themselves: they own all of their feelings and can look at their motives, contradictions, and emotional conflicts without denying or whitewashing them. They may not necessarily like what they discover, but they do not try to rationalize their states, nor do they try to hide them from themselves or others. They are not afraid to see themselves “warts and all.” Healthy Fours are willing to reveal highly personal and potentially shameful things about themselves because they are determined to understand the truth of their experience—so that they can discover who they are and come to terms with their emotional history. This ability also enables Fours to endure suffering with a quiet strength. Their familiarity with their own darker nature makes it easier for them to process painful experiences that might overwhelm other types.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jackieps1975

Thank you!
I appreciate it.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Elaborate?? the empath has to find their own way to deal with it..they have to learn self survival!! like finding a way to clear the crap they pick up..mine is taking myself as far away from people as possible for a time!!

enneagram?..haven't a clue..

Will have a look!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Interesting.
I just realized that I have a friend which is also an empath that is also a number 4.

I'm still curious to know if this empathy is somehow related to personality.
The OP said that its basically in DNA. Is personality also in DNA?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Thanks all of you, I wasn't aware you could turn it off.
I have become quite a loner of late, because its getting to the point that I will do anything to stop the constant thoughts and vibrations whenever people are near.
Although good for my painting because every good artist is on the outside looking in lol.
I feel like I need to reinvigorate myself and try to connect with society again, that web link will give me a start.
Can any of you read people through their posts on this board? we should try things to see how powerful we are.
Feel free to u2u me anytime, you all seem world wise and world weary, surely the mark of a true empath.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Geladinho

I took the test. I am a 4. But i don't really understand what the variant is about, kind of confusing...

PEACE!!!

link   
empathy is being able to pick up on subtle variation in behavior that relate to inner fellings and thoughts being processed.

Thats all it is.... nothing magical, only logical. You damn kids are ruining everything with you magic bull%^&$.

link   

well according to scientists they say that around half of our personality traits are hard-wired into our genes.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

erm kids? sorry but i aint no child and who here in this thread said anything about magic may i ask? we have come together for a better understanding and to give advice and help to each other and make people aware.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Unsuccessful troll is unsuccessfull.
Are you playing the fool just for enjoyment?
It must be since you come with all the trolling in a thread of empaths...

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by shuck

I got a 9..but I don't feel it was accurate....!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

No child either!!

Another rule with the Empath thing is never ever let someone try to dump their personal problems on you!! by how they behave!!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Your not gonna figure anything out or help anyone if this thread spirals into a numerology circle jerk. Empathy by nature makes you a part of everyone else. You are all of the numbers and each of them individualy at the same time. You have allowed yourself to feel emotions, imagined being in places that few would ever find it nessisary to experiance, all for the sake of better understanding another and helping.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Yes im far from being a child. man I remeber those days, carefree and happy. I sure do miss it...

PEACE!!!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by shuck

Yeah im sure most of those online test are not very accurate. I dont think any online test could ever really show who you really are, they just give a rough idea...

PEACE!!!

[edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join