It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Traits of an Empath: Descriptions and Discussion

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I'm an empath,and in the last few years I've become aware about what truly is,it's hard living in a world were other peoples even most subtle feeling and thoughts are like a tune turned to the loudest,that you cant just switch off.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I agree with most of what you said and i do think of myself as an empath. It has not brought joy to my life. I am not peaceful. I do not seek anymore to resolve anything. I used to. I used to be all of what you described. too much pain and too much hate has brought me to a different place. I would love to have this kind of harmony in my life. To be the kind of man that solves peoples problems and look for peaceful solutions. I would like not to be quick to anger when i am.

The part of me that makes me empathic and able to feel is also the part of me that feels. Its all bound up together in emotion. I feel it and i express it as well. My girlfriend hates me sometimes becuase i know things. She has on many occasions tried to hide things from me and at times lie. I always know. I feel everything when i am around people. I can feel there pain mostly. I have never tried to block it. It alone doesnt bother me but what does is the icky parts of people i sense. There have been very very few people i dont sense it from. The darkside of their natures. The parts they dont let people know about. Those people who either dont seem to have one or i just cant sense it seem so beautiful to me. I am drawn to them. Emotionally i want to experience them. Its why i have such a harsh view point and dark view against mankind in general. Not just for the outwardly open signs of hate and evil we do to each other but for the other things i feel so easily. I do not socialize much. I dont like most people. I know from being in a room with a person for 5 minutes if this is someone who is good, bad or middle of the road as i call them. he middle roaders are the ones who will screw you over but personally arent looking to victimize anyone.
The other thing is for some reason i have onlyguessed about, kids love me. They always have. I have always had a good raport with kids and its weird cause i will catch kids staring at me in supermarkets and odd places. I have even had friends who have had kids who come up to me and want to hug me or want me to pick them up and their parents are stunned because they dont go to strangers. Its just a odd occurance i have just dismissed in the past but i think has some bearing on empathy.
I think kids are extremely empathetic for the most part. I think they sense others too. We dont know why but we are drawn together like that. Maybe its something else. Maybe its reincarnation or something. Souls seeing each other again and feeling a pull and dont knwo why.I have wondered many time but i dont know.
I do know this. If this is a gift i dont want it. It has cause me too many problems in my life and i hate feeling. I admire people who are tuned out and turned off. The feelings are too much sometimes. I hurt alot and have been hurt alot. Its very easy to hurt an empath. I love people with such intensity that when they have hurt me i experience pain to the same degree. I cannot watch people being hurt. I absolutely cannot watch children being hurt. I cry easily because i feel pain easily from all around me not just what gets sent my way.
I used to have that heart that wanted to change the world. Fought so hard in my early years to fix things and people. To make people SEE. To make them feel what i feel for a second. All i ever learned is this world doesnt care and this gift sucks. Its my torture and my prison.

The worst is the feeling of the people closest to me in my life and that they have betrayed me. I wish i had blissful ignorance sometimes because knowing whats coming and feeling it coming is like sitting on the edge of a knife waiting to be cut. I hate it.

So for all you blissful happy empaths out there who see the love and beauty of people and eat rainbows and poop butterflys well god bless you because my life hasnt worked out so peachy this way.
Now dont get me wrong i do manage and i have great days like everyone else, and bad days as well. No different than the next person. I live my life like every regular person i justhate this part of me cause it has never ever done me any good except to make handling all these emotions too much so i have learned to shut them off for the most part. The problem is i can still read people. I still know and when those situations arise i turn it back on almost like a defense mechanism. Its has ruined relationships with me because i have "known" things i wish i hadnt and i felt them coming because i can feel the people i am closest to the most.
I do speak like you stated, i am quick to talk about my feelings as this post shows,, and i am blunt and direct with people. I have a need to make people see themselves and try to point them in the right direction. the problem is maybe in my approach and maybe also that people dont want help.
We are all very happy to be what we are and we get along only as long as it doesnt interupt our lives. I am sick and tried of encountering the worst people have to offer and always feeling that negativity. It drags ya down. yet i need this ability to warn me of dangerous people and problems before they come.
Anyways if anyone has any suggestion for someone like me please feel free. I wont take anything in offense.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Wow, this is one of my first forum posts ever, and I don't really know why considering the fact that as good as I am at talking with people it doesn't even compare with how gifted I am with written word, but I am finally forgoing my ever present lazyness and actually adding to a thread instead of reading it. I can't help but be amazed at how much many of the people who have posted in this thread almost word for word describe things i feel. It is as if people like us, empaths if you will, are here to bring about a turn around of the sadistic course humanity has taken in the years past. I always can make peace between people and solve conflicts that many would assume unsolvable and the weirdest part of it is that I don't really know how... I can't read body language worth a damn if I try, but I just feel the emotions that are hiding behind what a person is saying.

All you damn trolls are people who don't understand the things we are talking about, yes we are special, but if anything we are cursed not blessed. I can sense every emotion of people I am with and it is quite difficult to separate people's emotions from myself. I have a bad habit of projecting other peoples negative emotions upon myself and assuming that that particular emotion is always associated with myself instead of just being something that other people are feeling. Almost contrary to this I will say, when you have that unshakeable feeling that someone is toying with you, being dishonest, or using you don't just try to push it down as a delusion... In almost every case as I am with those people more often and study them I end up realizing that my suspicions were correct all along. It hurts but people like us must accept that people will use and take advantage of us if they can, if you want to preserve your sanity you must trust these feelings, the hardest part is learning to separate these feelings from the delusions of paranoia and anxiety that you twist and project upon yourself. It is very hard to do, and I am just beginning to discern between the two, I will not in anyway admit mastery, it takes a lot of practice and study of other people and your inner feelings as well and the emotional pain that you most likely will suffer during this time will make death easily seem to be ecstasy itself...

But I know I'm not the only one out there who deals with this, and I would love to have people who feel the same way message me, we are here for a reason, I don't know what it is, but I know there is a reason and the trolls can laugh all they want. Go ahead and claim that we are all just overly sensitive pussies who can't adjust to life, it doesn't bother me, if you dealt with what I have in my life, considering your absolute ignorance, you would have either killed yourself or completely lost your mind. Question this if you wish, I could care less, but considering I lack your ignorance and total lack of understanding and still have nearly landed myself in both those places I highly doubt you could have done any better than I, and to do any worse than me is to be dead or insane. Just because we understand other people does not make any of us pussies, the fact that we don't take advantage of people knowing what we do shows a strength within us that you have yet to have. I understand things and I know when violence will not help a situation, but when I had someone with there hands at my throat trying to kill me I laughed and told them to do it because death is a damn beautiful thing in comparison to life. But being able to stand up to the hell that is life without giving up or compromising what you believe in is the definition of badasss in my book, the television may tell you that badass is taking advantage of those who are weaker than yourself and taking what you want with no regard for other people, but that is as easy as taking candy from a baby, but don't listen to anything I say, just be a good little sheep and baaa like the rest.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Sorry this is more of an essay than a forum post, but hey as my first I might as well make it worthwhile so I am addressing as many post I can relate to or have an opinion on as I can cram into my head as I am writing this. On that note I do not find anything wrong with drugs in themselves and am very passionate about a persons freedom to do anything they wish with their own body, unless what you are doing directly takes away the rights and or freedom of another person, your actions should not be criminalized, up until the point that you violate another persons liberties with what you are doing the government should nto interfere with your personal choices. I know I am provoking a flaming of epic proportions here, but, go ahead and smoke methamphetamine to your hearts desire and unless you do something that directly takes away another persons freedom you should not have to fear any legal penalty. Once you do cross the line while you are on drugs then I am all for penalties that are most likely worse than the ones that are currently in use, but in arresting anyone who merely uses drugs the government is in pure idiocy generalizing that if one person does something wrong on drugs all people will do something wrong on drugs and through this many innocent peoples lifes are thrown away for crimes that they may never ended up commiting, with the sole argument against them being "Well other people did this when the were on this substance". Oh and yes I do smoke like a chimney(and goddamn it hurts like hell when your damn near always broke anyways) and I do use drugs recreationally, but I would not fit the categorization of an addict, I merely enjoy seeing how they affect my mind as well as the escape they can provide from a world that can be oh so cruel. Again yes I am turning my post into an attempt at an essay unintentionally, I know so don't go and tell me, but you can go ahead and try to fit a response to eight pages of a thread as well as you possibly can and you may understand the situation I am in, oh and kudus to the person who referenced the 100th monkey, I won't give a one hundred percent true / false on it but it sure makes you think.

Too quote andrewh7 "3. Based solely on the satisfaction of the OP's own test or symptom checklist, thread reader enthusiastically claims to be a member of this rare class of persons. " Eh, not really, I know this damn before I had ever heard of ATS or started reading crazy internet forums, I actually spent a good couple hours with a close friend talking about the existence of two kind of people in the world, those who can put themselves in the place of others and understand where they are coming from, and those who cannot, your point is a valid one I will admit but, in my case anyway, not applicable.

To Travel_light, you contradict yourself in what you say, not in anyway a stupid contradiction, I would surely rub it in if that was the case
, but too understand what someone else feels you may not feel like you are directly expieriencing it, but at least subconsciously you are reading it from them and expieriencing it within yourself, without in some way expieriencing it we couldn't really understand them. Come to think of it you are right and wrong at the same time, I know exactly what you mean because I feel the same way, but I myself believe that you really do feel that pain whether or not it is conscious, could just be my lack of separation between my conscious and subcouncious though
I do agree completely with your statement on taking away the pain of others on the other hand and how you must decide whether or not to take that burden upon yourself, there are people whom, though they most likely do not realize it, will keep coming back to you just to use you as a way to rid themselves of their pain.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
To Geladinhu, I really ended up thinking about it in my mid-teens and realized that empathy was what made me different, but since then I have learned a great deal more about myself and the people around me and slowly I am losing my preconceptions and assumptions about the world around me. I was always different even when I was quite younger, I mean honestly how many twelve year olds really contemplate suicide. I am twenty one years old, not a teenager, but not too far off, besides I like to be immature when I have the luxury of being able to do it
Just be careful about that damn ego, they have tendencies to over-inflate themselves well beyond their breaking point and when they break it's not going to be the best trip you've ever had...

To Ogbert, I know this is probably a long shot and I don't expect you to actually say yes but, I'm going to throw it out there, If you have a copy of that novel you wrote in a text or .pdf context I would love to read it, I promise no critiscism unless you ask for it... I just have this deep feeling compelling me to read what you have written if you would be willing to share, hell I will send you a photocopy of my I.D. and a written statement that I won't steal your work and publish it as my own
Wow, just caught your post on the hearing of celestial music, I was going to put something about that in this forum posted turned novel but forgot about it... I wonder if you here the same celestial music I do
Once again I would be very happy if you would pm me, I just see/feel/etc. a lot of me in you and would be interested in talking to you, and much kudos for not changing that story you wrote, I can never edit something I have written, I feel like I am violating something sacred if I edit any poetry I have written because they all flow from me in moments of overwhelming feelings and to edit them later when I am not in the same mindframe as when I wrote them just feels wrong somehow...

Well I have gone on way too long as it is and someone probably should flame me for my "epic" forum post, hehe, so I am going to start cutting my dialogue a bit shorter. Jackieps1975 you also catch my eye as a very like minded person as myself, and though I am trying to cut down on this because it is getting longer than my senior thesis, I have to say I really can relate to much of what you have posted, your life seems to parallel mine greatly.

To fizzy1 I am basically working my way through the same rut you are, I was sincerely amazed when I read your post and how much it mirrored the anguish and lack of hope that has filled my life in the last year or two. I'm sorry I don't know how to fix it, I am still working through it myself but if you need to talk to someone who understands I am here for you, not that a person saying that really means a whole lot in today's world.

Going to end my super epic rant +6 with a favorite of mine that was mentioned...

There is no pain, you are receding
A distant ship smoke on the horizon
You are only coming through in waves
Your lips move but I can't hear what youre saying
When I was a child I caught a fleeting glimpse
Out of the corner of my eye
I turned to look but it was gone.
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown, the dream is gone
I have become comfortably numb

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Wow! A big juicy
to all the new contributors on this thread! It's going to take me a while to get caught up but I'm so glad to see more individuals opening up.

Am I the only one that was an emotional disaster yesterday? I have to consult the timewave to see if we were in some sort of peak or dip because it was really a very bizarre day. (Don't laugh! I've been watching the TWZ data to correlate to my perceptions (and weird days).

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I clearly remember at the age of 7 realizing that I could "feel" what others felt, and could sense when trouble in my emotionally screwed-up family was on the horizon.

I didn't have a word for it at the time. I hated it then and I hate it now.
This world is so full of suffering and injustice, and it's like I am a small city unto myself and the whole world has been dropping bombs on me my whole life.

There are songs that will cause me to melt down the second I hear them.
The sound of children or babies crying causes me to lose all composure.

The resulting depression and death wish has nearly destroyed me, and did destroy my marriage.

My greatest fear is not dying. I would welcome that. It is that I'll die and kind of like the movie "Groundhog Day" I will simply be born as myself all over again, and have to live the same life I just left.

In my view, that would be the true definition of hell.

I so wish there was a drug I could take that would erase all traces of emotion from me.
People have told me that it would be terrible, and that I'd never feel happy.

But I'm never happy anyway, and it's not fair. All I want is to exist without it being so painful, but as I age I find that more and more unlikely.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angus123
I clearly remember at the age of 7 realizing that I could "feel" what others felt, and could sense when trouble in my emotionally screwed-up family was on the horizon.

I didn't have a word for it at the time. I hated it then and I hate it now.
This world is so full of suffering and injustice, and it's like I am a small city unto myself and the whole world has been dropping bombs on me my whole life.

There are songs that will cause me to melt down the second I hear them.
The sound of children or babies crying causes me to lose all composure.

The resulting depression and death wish has nearly destroyed me, and did destroy my marriage.

My greatest fear is not dying. I would welcome that. It is that I'll die and kind of like the movie "Groundhog Day" I will simply be born as myself all over again, and have to live the same life I just left.

In my view, that would be the true definition of hell.

I so wish there was a drug I could take that would erase all traces of emotion from me.
People have told me that it would be terrible, and that I'd never feel happy.

But I'm never happy anyway, and it's not fair. All I want is to exist without it being so painful, but as I age I find that more and more unlikely.

First off, the death wish and depression. You need to be around others and seek help. Wether the drugs help you or not; you will never know until you try. I know some people who have benefited immensely from some of them. But, please don't be an island and at least talk to someone.

Pardon me for throwing my two cents in here. This is the way that i feel from what you have posted. I do not know you or your circumstances; and, i don't want to come across the wrong way.

You need to open up, as you have done here and stop arguing with life. We can not always control what happens in life, but attitude can make a huge difference. From adversity comes strength. I feel that you are on the verge of anger. Anger can be a good thing. You can get so mad at yourself that you have to say this has got to stop. Then maybe you can become reborn in this lifetime and say goodbye to your old self?

It's up to you to do with what you have been given. It can be a blessing or a curse. It's all up to you.

You need to be hopeful about something and direct yourself to it to try and find some meaning to your existence. I have been where you are now standing and thank god, I had to shrug it of as "things happen for reasons." I too do not like to be around negativity and i try to remove myself from it. If this is not possible you just have to grin and bear it. When people are in negative states a little humor can turn the whole thing around. If you see the irony of the negativity within your environment; maybe you could reflect that back in a humorous way?

Certainly, you can see the beauty that surrounds us as well as the pain?

you said, "This world is so full of suffering and injustice, and it's like I am a small city unto myself and the whole world has been dropping bombs on me my whole life."

You seem a bit idealistic here. What did Paul say to his friend John Lennon in Hey Jude, which was written to help him over a heartbreak? "Don't carry the world upon your shoulders. Take a sad song and make it better. breathe it in and breathe it out. Hey Jude refrain."

I too am a hopeless idealistic humanitarian. Frustrating at times and i want to turn my back on all of humanity;but, it's better to extend yourself to it.

you said "I didn't have a word for it at the time. I hated it then and I hate it now."

Hate is a very powerful emotion. Maybe you could reflect on that a bit? Hate and love are the same things. emotions. Just different sides of the same coin.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
For people that think its a curse..its not!!

My best advice is get out meet as many people as possible and what I find happens is you will meet many people that that have problems and they will try to dump their "issues" on you BUT you will meet people ..maybe only a few that you will make a difference..and they make all the crap worthwhile..

I know for me ..I have worked as an uphosterer, soldier, carpenter a Nurse (for seven and a half years)in Acute Medecine..then back to carpenter....experienced a lot ..you have to expose yourself to a lot then you can better ballance the empath thing!!

And thats another thing ..nearly fifty and all has worked in sevens!!

Anyway my point..the empath can feel so sorry for themselves by taking on the problems of people and the world ..but at the end of the day its a survival instinct....if you can sense peoples reactions and its not just on a personal level you can sense the plan of the bigger picture..is that not better than being completely ignorant of all the things that are going on around you!!..because at the end of the day..you have an insight into people and global events..empaths see things coming..

Its a natural thing I think ...And I don't go with this Indigo, Starchild/Starseed stuff Crystal..all sounds so cheesy !lol

I don't think that has anything to do with Empathy...its just a natural thing to feel sense and care!!..thats all..

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by fizzy1
The other thing is for some reason i have onlyguessed about, kids love me. They always have. I have always had a good rapport with kids and its weird cause i will catch kids staring at me in supermarkets and odd places. I have even had friends who have had kids who come up to me and want to hug me or want me to pick them up and their parents are stunned because they dont go to strangers. Its just a odd occurrence i have just dismissed in the past but i think has some bearing on empathy.
I think kids are extremely empathetic for the most part. I think they sense others too. We dont know why but we are drawn together like that. Maybe its something else. Maybe its reincarnation or something. Souls seeing each other again and feeling a pull and dont know why.I have wondered many time but i dont know.

I get this all the time as well. I thought it was strange as well, but I think it is because of empathy. I will have kids that are considered "anti-social" just walk up to me and strike up a convo. So, I do believe that it has something to do with our gifts.
I remember back when I was a teen, I went to an Indian circle at a person's house, and we were in a back room where the window was open and someone walked past the window, someone said, "What are you looking at." and I felt a huge headache start immediately. There was intense anger in the room.
In case you were wondering, I was close to the window but not that close and they had not started the peace pipe yet, so you cannot debunk based on what was in the pipe.
On another occation, I was at 6 flags with my sister when I was around 13-15, and we were getting ready for some presentation and this 4 yr old female child just plops in my lap for no reason. The parent stated that she has never done that before, and my sister stated that it is ok and that children can sense good souls, or something to that effect.
Quite strange though, and you are right, most empaths can tell when people are lying.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
thank you for those that have shared their stories, its refreshing to see that there are actually a lot of us here and that we can help each other.
i wanted to concentrate on chakras and meditation, this wont be for everyone but it will help in both developing your gift if you choose to and also help to create calmness for yourself

Develop Your Shield Body

Around your physical body, there is a layer of your aura that is devoted to your interface with your environment. Its shape and condition indicate your relationship to your world. People who are empaths often have a "thin skin" in relation to their shield body. When it has holes in it, we are more easily influenced by our environment. Visualize a shield of energy around your physical body. See is as radiant and complete. You may see it as a particular color. Some people like to see it as white or gold. Decide what color would work well for you, and see it that way. Imagine the shield body as flowing and moving..not static we are developing a shield here..not armor. It is good for it to be flexible, so you can let in what serves you, and keep out what doesn't. Snap your fingers to hold it in place. Do this exercise regularly.

Center of Being

Once you have the shield body in place, imagine that there is a spark in the center of your being that is your pure essence. Focus your attention on the spark, being all your senses to bear. Also be aware of your sensations, emotions and thoughts. First try this when you are alone, and then, after a time, practice it around others. See if you can switch your awareness from your environment to your self, and back again. Notice the difference between the two.

Don't Take On Responsibilties That Aren't Yours

A person can get so used to care taking, that they can feel as though they are supposed to do it. You are not. It is good to be as compassionate as possible without going beyond the limits of what you need to do tyo maintain your health and sanity. You are responsible up to that line, and not beyond it. If you are an empath, your idea of where the line is might be a bit fuzzy. Once you get to know where the line is, try to stick to it. It will make all your relationships clearer and cleaner. [h]Get Used To Being The Bad Guy Empaths are often outwardly kind and caring. They usually get the benefit of everyone thinking that they are almost saintly sometimes. It is easy to get attached to being the "nice guy." It is not easy dealing with people's negative emotions, but care taking others does not ultimately serve them or you. It does not help them to protect them from their feelings. It keeps them from growing up. besides, its not real. Must better to live in reality than a padded reality. Yes, they may get angry or sad at you or with you if you don't do what they want you to do, but it is important to remember that their feelings are not your feelings, and your well-being is not dependent on their well being.

Develop Your Throat Chakra

Sometimes an empath will know what they need to say or do to make good boundaries, but have a hard time following through in expressing it. The throat chakra is the center for the expression of personal truth. Through the opening of the throat chakra, we open ourselves to expressing our true needs and feelings, as well as expressing the creative force as it moves through us. Some good exercises for opening the throat chakra are singing and chanting, sharing your feelings and thoughts with friends, and meditating on the throat chakra. Some healing stones that help with the throat chakra are chrysacolla, turquoise, lapis lazuli, amazonite, and blue lace agate. You can meditate with them, put them in a medicine bag, or wear jewelry (particularly necklaces).

Develop Your Root Chakra

The root chakra helps us to deal with being fully in the world. When the root chakra is open, we are fully grounded and present with whatever is coming our way. When it is not open, we can be disassociative, fearful, and have difficulty staying present with what is going on. Opening and healing the root chakra helps us to release the fears that keep us from our highest manifestation within form. Some exercises that help to open the root chakra are:

Imagine you are sending roots down into the earth from your base.
Imagine you can breathe in and out of you root.
On the inhale, breath in energy from he earth.
On the exhale, release any thing that is within you that does not serve you.

Some healing stones that might be helpful are obsidian, boji stones, hematite, and red jasper.

If you would like to become more empathetic it might be helpful for you to try these things:

Cultivate Compassion

In order to begin to develop empathic ability, it is essential to care how someone feels. When we have compassion, we attune to the needs and feelings of the person we want to help. When we resist the energies, need and feelings of another, it is pretty hard to really open your self to them enough to know what is going on.
Put Yourself In Someone Else's Shoes

One for the best ways to develop compassion is to put your self in their shoes. What would it feel like to be them.. to have had their experiences, to live their lifestyle, etc. There is a practice of entrainment which can help you come into a simpatico with them. When you are working directly with a person, breathe with them.. at the same rate. imagine you can feel what they feel. It works the best if you can be in some form of physical contact with them, like holding their hand, or placing your hand on their heart chakra. Imagine your awareness sinks into their body. Notice what you see in your mind's eye, feel physically, and hear. Bring all of your senses to bear.

Develop Your Heart Chakra

When our heart chakra is truly open, we have the experience of the woven-ness of reality. We are not as separate as we seem. When another person is in pain, we have the knowledge of their need, and may respond to it appropriately. Breathe in and out of your heart chakra. imagine it opening like a lovely flower. Feel all the love that has ever been given to you, and feel and see all those who have ever loved. Be sure to include animals, who are great teachers of unconditional love. Allow your heart to grow several sizes. Some gemstones that are helpful for opening the heart chakra are rose quartz, malachite, emerald and ruby.

Develop Your Third Eye Chakra

When the third eye is open, we can experience strong clairvoyance. Through it, we can perceive more clearly what is going on in the minds and hearts of those around us. When the third eye is closed, we tend to be more mental in our approach, and spend way too much time trying to figure things out instead of just "knowing." To open the third eye, sit quietly focusing on the third eye. While you attention is there, chant the mantra, "aum." envision light filling your skull, and emanating out of your third eye. After a time, if you like, you may ask a question, and allow a vision that represents the answer to appear in your mind.

When you are finished meditating on the third eye, be sure to spend a little time focusing on your root chakra to help ground your energy.

good site for chakra info

Guide on meditation

Crystals and the chakras (healing stones)

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Hi guys, this thread is turning into an oasis of calm and understanding on ats.
This has to be the longest I've ever stayed on one thread in a long time.
Great to see some new faces, I can promise you, the people here are only interested in helping and offering advice.
I can only talk from my own experience but its helped me to be here, more than I'd care to mention on a public board.
I just like to say to the younger guys that in a few years time you will see some positives to these social skills, its up to you what you use them for.
Gotta love! the floyd BTW

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Badfuture

floyd rules especially comfortably numb!

And a note to lurkers alot of the advice in this thread can go to anyone whether you are empath or not, everyone needs calmness in their lives and going over the different ways posted here will enhance that alot for everyone. If anyone has questions then feel free to ask and dont be afraid of being flamed
as long as your respectful its all good. I am going to make an index post that will highlight the different advice given for newer people so they dont have to go back through the pages might take a bit so bare with me! lol

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ronishia

Done the other bits..the Chakra thing goes right over my head though!!lol

But each has to find their own way.!!

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by shuck

That was not supposed to sound derigitory either...I am one of those types that function at ground level..I am the practical type..

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Just popping in for a minute but appreciated finding this thread.

Yes I also share the common traits.

It is sometimes difficult because of the sensitivity and lack of non emotional attachment to the ones we sense.

On the other hand it does teach us to become the witness and that always leads us to the ultimate peak of our shared potential.

It is not like we are special, we are just more receptive, it is like an IQ, it is simply a potential but most people cannot get past the attachment to really go for it. Well actually empaths of the light anyway. It is simple as an empath to invade others thoughts and emotions, and difficult to separate oneself from the judgmental state which comes with the ...gift.

So in the long run, we are never invasive towards others and that sometimes comes off as either self indulgent or just cold.

The strongest empath is one who is in touch with themselves and that are intune with their own inner divinity, because at the core we are all connected and that is humbling.

Today while watching the kids swim at the park there was a tough, well, kid, pants hanging off side limping along with head phones acting tough and tugging a small pitbull along.

I was especially touched by them both and felt my chest pull toward them, I tried to send light and love to them but the pull was insistent. So minutes later they came up to a tree near me and I reached back for the last of my water and offered it to the young man for his dog.

Sensing that he was weak in some way, the young man, and that the poor dog was in bad company I offered the water which he refused and said that the pup had just drank from the creek below.

I realized then that the kid was obviously mentally challenged and that the pup was in deep doodoo. I started telling the kid to treat the pup as his best friend and that when people turn their backs on him, or when life is just a sad place to be, this little pup will always be there for you.

Anyway I went on talking about heart energy and listened to the young mans story. I was right the pup was in a bad situation and so was the mentally challenged young man.

What I am getting at here is that having empathy does not mean that you are a bleeding heart full of sympathy, crying and affected by the woes of the world, although it happens, but that we use this gift to help guide others to the fullest potentials from where they are and not a step further. Sometimes that's all it takes to put empathy in the hearts of others and to use it for the good.

There will be no other payback or punishment from being complacent. You dont do things for what it will bring in the future because with empathic energy, the results are immediate and in the present.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I guess I should mention that while sitting in the park I was doing a meditation to the music of a friend named Deuter. It was called Nadabrahma Meditation and this is one that is tremendously effective for creating a ripple effect from all of the centers moving out like the ripples in a pond.

Beautiful.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jackieps1975

I feel others pain
I see color in all music
water is what im most grateful for on the earth
things are "shown" to me
when touching objects i see a little "movie"
dissenchanted with the lies

would empath be my lable?

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Magantice

i would classify you as an empath yes there are different levels of being an empath and can include a whole lot of abilities check out this post for general list of those abilities etc different empathic abilities and lvls of gifts

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ronishia

Thank you, my mate was just reading past posts and said"these people have described you to a T !!!! including your relationship with me.

I wondered why I was . Interesting.........

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join