It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Masons Be Kicked Out?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I don't know much about masonry, but I was wondering if any Masons can verify my question.

Can a Mason be kicked out? I mean to they just get the heave ho? What are the guidelines to staying a mason?

Thanks.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I am now well aware that masons do have the power to kick you out. You can't break the rules.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
A Mason can be censured, suspended, or permanently expelled, depending on the seriousness of the offense.
Any member may file charges against another, alleging unmasonic conduct. When this is done, the Master will order a hearing to be had in the Lodge. The accused Brother has the right to council, and the Junior Warden is the �public defender� of the Lodge. At the hearing, the accused Brother will enter his plea. If the plea is not guilty, the case will proceed to trial. The entire Lodge is the jury, with every member entitled to one vote. A two-thirds majority vote will convict. If convicted, a simple majority will decide on punishment. The convicted Brother may appeal the decision to Grand Lodge, which, in this case, acts as a supreme court.
Unmasonic conduct could consist of habitual drunkeness, violating the Masonic obligations, or being convicted of a misdemeanor in a criminal court, all of which could cause Masonic charges to be conferred against him. If a Mason is convicted of a felony, he is ipso facto excommunicated from the Fraternity, without recourse to Masonic trial.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
A Mason can be censured, suspended, or permanently expelled, depending on the seriousness of the offense.
Any member may file charges against another, alleging unmasonic conduct. When this is done, the Master will order a hearing to be had in the Lodge. The accused Brother has the right to council, and the Junior Warden is the �public defender� of the Lodge. At the hearing, the accused Brother will enter his plea. If the plea is not guilty, the case will proceed to trial. The entire Lodge is the jury, with every member entitled to one vote. A two-thirds majority vote will convict. If convicted, a simple majority will decide on punishment. The convicted Brother may appeal the decision to Grand Lodge, which, in this case, acts as a supreme court.
Unmasonic conduct could consist of habitual drunkeness, violating the Masonic obligations, or being convicted of a misdemeanor in a criminal court, all of which could cause Masonic charges to be conferred against him. If a Mason is convicted of a felony, he is ipso facto excommunicated from the Fraternity, without recourse to Masonic trial.

Fiat Lvx.

Great Post and to the point. That is about the size of it.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Wow, thank you very much Masonic Light. That was a great post and summed up my question. Thanks again.

top topics

join