It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 6000 year old megalithic complex of Meath County Ireland

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I told some lady in the John F. Kennedy New York airport I would bang my head against a brick wall before I went on another international trip.
I acutally was so tired I sat down at the seat number, instead of the gate number and missed my flight. The gate number on a Delta ticket is so
small and not in a noticible spot. Always carry your tolietries and medicines, clean underwear and a clean outfit or pjs separately from your other suitcases on an indirect international flight. You might not ever see your luggage again. Very serious. Good luck!!!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Great thread, flag for you.

Cheddar Man establishes current Brits and Irish, as having inhabited the Islands for at least as long as 9,000 years. They are most closely related to the Basque, who are the only negative blood types on the planet giving them a very unique position in the human family.

This megalithic complex clearly demonstrates a mastery of engineering techniques, as well as astronomy. Clearly this shows that civilization has existed on the Islands far longer than has been considered earlier.

For long time it has been considered that the Celts were another off shoot of the Aryans, maybe now is the time to revise this belief. The Celts may have legitimate claim to having developed their own culture independently in ancient history.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Has anyone ever read Uriel's Machine, it involves Enoch's Books, The pictures I see here looks a lot like the pictures in the Uriel's Machine. They also have these grass mounds in Europe just as old.Could these mounds be older than what they really think, like the pryamids are way older then we give them credit for?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by andrewh7

Certainly. check you PMs shortly

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Hey everyone this is my first post. Ive been lurking on this site for a while but just decided to join after reading this thread. I live in Belfast and im actually planning a trip to newgrange next weekend and I would be more than happy to get info or photos for anyone who would like to know moe about this ancient place.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
The walls of Newgrange are made from white Quartz rock, so in their day would have sparkled like diamonds.

Which interestingly is one of the things Enoch spoke about when telling of his travels with the arch-angel Uriel at the time he was taken to be shown mysteries.

For a better understanding of this connection try reading "Uriel's Machine" by Christopher Knight and Robert Lomas.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by Tayesin]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin
The walls of Newgrange are made from white Quartz rock, so in their day would have sparkled like diamonds.

Which interestingly is one of the things Enoch spoke about when telling of his travels with the arch-angel Uriel at the time he was taken to be shown mysteries.

For a better understanding of this connection try reading "Uriel's Machine" by Christopher Knight and Robert Lomas.

In Manly P Halls "The Secret History Of America" he states that quartz has an ability to amplify certain energy frequencies, that could aid in whatever "majik" was trying to be performed. His example was the granite blocks of the pyramid (granite has a high quartz amount).

I am deeply fascinated by these structures. Are they from Druidic times, or before?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Whenever I see those spirals, it brings to mind the rock carvings of the US southwest. There is a spiral of significance, with meaning to it, and it has to do with predicting the equinoxes and solstices. en.wikipedia.org... I think I remember somewhere that the point of the dagger follows the spiral somehow. If that is the case, then perhaps early man knew of this sundial and used it wherever they went.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
S+F What an epic thread this is!

Thank you for bringing this information to my attention, as these subjects are some of the most tantalizing of all.

Did you see the similarities between the carvings at this site and that of Meso-American culture?? Crazy i know.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by tnymccann
Hey everyone this is my first post. Ive been lurking on this site for a while but just decided to join after reading this thread. I live in Belfast and im actually planning a trip to newgrange next weekend and I would be more than happy to get info or photos for anyone who would like to know moe about this ancient place.

Thanks tnymccann Any photos you might have that bring a new perspective to this would be greatly appreciated...

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Yes I thought the similarity in the art was eerie as well. They say that we all share similar psychological archetypes because of our shared genetic heritage... or perhaps transmigration

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin

This strikes me the most. Now as I look at this and think... a thought jumps to my mind of what is actually being described here.

The Book of Enoch, according to wikipedia is as old as ~300BC

According to Western scholars its older sections (mainly in the Book of the Watchers) date from about 300 BC and the latest part (Book of Parables) probably was composed at the end of 1st century BC; It is argued that all the writers of the New Testament were familiar with it and were influenced by it in thought and diction.

Now the Celts , were around in these times. Perhaps this is a story of a trip to this location circa 300BC

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I was lucky enough to get the chance to enter the site at Newgrange when I was younger on a school trip. The place is amazing inside and out. as far as I can remember the inside chamber is pretty small in relation to the size of the complex as a whole and the capstone is pretty breathtaking!

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Fantastic Thread, thanks for the information, I have been looking at the Irish being the actual builders of the Pyramids........ (although....It was said in late lore that Hera or Ares sent the Sphinx from her Ethiopian homeland - the Greeks always remembered the foreign origin of the Sphinx - to Thebes in Greece where she asks all passersby the most famous riddle in history: “Which creature in the morning goes on four legs, at mid-day on two, and in the evening upon three, and the more legs it has, the weaker it be?” She strangled and devoured anyone unable to answer. Oedipus solved the riddle by answering: Man—who crawls on all fours as a baby, then walks on two feet as an adult, and then walks with a cane in old age. By some accounts (but much more rarely), there was a second riddle: "There are two sisters: one gives birth to the other and she, in turn, gives birth to the first." (answer: day and night—both words are feminine in Greek.) )..........and taking into account the face on the Sphynx/lion/zoomorphic/Sekhmant was a lion (constellation of Leo at the time they where built) but later due to wear and maybe the ego of the Egyptians that inherited that area made it into a mans head (Hetepheres II or Khafra., maybe?)...and the Orion / Milky way region in perspective as to the alignment of Orion and the position of Leo..... very interesting. Pinpoints a time... what a most basic way to tell future races as to what time/date they where in at that time.... I have heard of a massive Dam that is portraying the constalation we are in at the moment in its design so that future races will be able also to work out what age we where present in.... anyway... enough of my thoughts as I'm getting off the main topic...

[edit on 18-7-2009 by KarmaticLaw]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Is this the comparison you mean in the Book of Enoch? Interesting.

And I went in till I drew nigh to a wall which is built of crystals and surrounded by tongues of fire: and it began to affright me. And I went into the tongues of fire and drew nigh to a large house which was built of crystals: and the walls of the house were like a tesselated floor (made) of crystals, and its groundwork was of crystal. Its ceiling was like the path of the stars and the lightnings, and between them were fiery cherubim, and their heaven was (clear as) water. A flaming fire surrounded the walls, and its portals blazed with fire. And I entered into that house, and it was hot as fire and cold as ice: there were no delights of life therein: fear covered me, and trembling gat hold upon me. And as I quaked and trembled, I fell upon my face. And I beheld a vision, And lo! there was a second house, greater than the former, and the entire portal stood open before me, and it was built of flames of fire. And in every respect it so excelled in splendour and magnificence and extent that I cannot describe to you its splendour and its extent. And its floor was of fire, and above it were lightnings and the path of the stars, and its ceiling also was flaming fire. And I looked and saw therein a lofty throne: its appearance was as crystal, and the wheels thereof as the shining sun, and there was the vision of cherubim

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure the white quartz walls are just part of the restoration project. I don't think it's part of the original. It probably would have been just a large mound of grass, besides the 37 standing stones.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyes_to_the_sky
I'm pretty sure the white quartz walls are just part of the restoration project. I don't think it's part of the original. It probably would have been just a large mound of grass, besides the 37 standing stones.

Actually yes and no.

This link shows that the quartz is the original quartz, but it has been put back on as part of the restoration. But the restoration only used the materials which were there to begin with. So it's like your shingles fall of your roof, but someone picks them up and puts them back on.

Megalithic mounds such as Newgrange entered Irish mythology as sídhe or fairy mounds. Newgrange was said to be the home of Oenghus, the god of love. The Passage Tomb at Newgrange was re-discovered in 1699 by the removal of material for road building. A major excavation of Newgrange began in 1962; the original facade of sparkling white quartz was rebuilt using stone found at the site.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Outlawstar

Agree

Would be a good thread to start up, love to hear others thoughts on this and historical records that are available....

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by antipigopolist

When I first looked at this I thought it was showing either our solar system (although some things don`t add up to that to me).. or...maybe our galaxy with those close to us?...

you mentioned "Chandler's Wobble and it's phase shift."

this makes allot of sense to me
well done ! well worth taking into consideration and makes allot of sense hence the time/agriculture/seasons...

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by noconsequence

I often wonder if these people where drawing things that we are only just learning of or still have not discovered... one thing that comes to mind is the photon belt we are in at the moment... just throwing out another thought.... really enjoy this thread.... very interesting posts

- spelling edit -

[edit on 20-7-2009 by KarmaticLaw]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join