It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School Children Traumatised After Seeing School Teacher Dragged Away By Aliens

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
C'mon people get a grip. There's nothing shady here. The teachers who came up with it as a way of firing up creative writing would have been English teachers. They would be familiar with the way War of the Worlds was first released over radio (without warning) and which in it's day caused a small amount of fear in it's audience (that a real alien invasion was taking place). Years later and we're not all freaking out about it! it's a great way of getting kids excited and fired up. I'd have loved something like this when I was at school. Think about it, I've seen kids burst into tears at childrens parties when the clown is wheeled out, that doesn't mean they'll fear clowns the rest of their lives. I think it's great!!

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Think about it, I've seen kids burst into tears at childrens parties when the clown is wheeled out, that doesn't mean they'll fear clowns the rest of their lives. I think it's great!!

This is an incorrect statement. In 7 out of 10 cases the kids who were traumatized as kids by clowns still to this day have a fear/hatred of clowns. This is based on people I know and or have worked with.

So in short, yes this could leave a child traumatized for the rest of their lives.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Duderood

The radio transmission were for all ages(but I admit it could had lead to a global fear from the citizens) but there it is a planned abduction to scare little kids, the kids had seen theirs teachers being abducted by aliens, extraterrestrials being are not clowns and clowns do not abduct teacher in front of kid's eyes.

Why not said they had captured aliens instead of aliens captured the teacher?

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienCarnage
So in short, yes this could leave a child traumatized for the rest of their lives.

I agree... I too know many people that fear clowns...

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

That is a great pic and my wife would, if she saw it, go running into the other room.

Sorry for the off topic reply.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Do any of you remember this thread from last year

This particular homework sheet depicted a flying saucer landing in the playground,and the questions being asked on the sheet seemed to be designed to gauge my childs reaction to such an event!

From this thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...
was a good read the op never followed up on it so doin't know what to say about that my son is six not happend at his school anyway.
THANKYOU

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Pre disclosure conditioning

What do the Brits know that we don't?

I dunno looks to me as if they are trying to instill
fear of the unknown into the kids.
The education system here in the UK has been
going down the toilet for years.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
UFO Digest Follow Up To This Story

www.ufodigest.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
There is something more too this. They most likely were part of an experiment on some level.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duderood
C'mon people get a grip. There's nothing shady here. The teachers who came up with it as a way of firing up creative writing would have been English teachers. They would be familiar with the way War of the Worlds was first released over radio (without warning) and which in it's day caused a small amount of fear in it's audience (that a real alien invasion was taking place). Years later and we're not all freaking out about it! it's a great way of getting kids excited and fired up. I'd have loved something like this when I was at school. Think about it, I've seen kids burst into tears at childrens parties when the clown is wheeled out, that doesn't mean they'll fear clowns the rest of their lives. I think it's great!!

I completely agree with Duderood. (Except for the clowns thing!!! lol)
Sometimes, you have to understand that other countries have different outlooks, and different ways of doing, or presenting, stuff.
Almost all schools in the UK are Govt. funded, especially in this age group.
Allowing creative teaching methods, to inspire and excite the minds of these children, is surely a good thing?
It is NOT always UFO scenarios that are used.
I have only ever seen the three examples cited here. Three.
In the UK, there are over 21,000 primary schools, teaching around 5 million kids from this age group.
In creative drama classes, the individual heads of dept. (and in some cases, the teachers themselves) in each school would be responsible for much of the "dramatic" content. They would come up with all sorts of scenarios which they thought might help the creative development of the children being taught.
There is no smoking gun here, no conspiracy, no Govt. led programme of preparation for disclosure.
Just a few drama teachers, who happened to have the idea of livening up the lessons with a bit of exciting role-play, that maybe went a little too far.
Police in the UK, often visit schools and I imagine that they would have jumped at the chance to show off their lights and sirens! These would be community liaison police. Not gun-toting anti-terrorist units!! They probably (mis-guidedly) thought that it would be fun for the kids. In the end, it is possible that things went too far, especially in relation to the "abduction", but I can easily see how the teachers just got carried away in creating this project, and probably thought it would add to the realism, and hence excitement.
I'm not saying that they were right. Just that I can see how they could get caught up in the excitement of creating such a spectacle for their pupils.
G

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Well this kind of disproves the theory of some of the skeptics like Bill Nye who continually crap on about:

"Why don't they just tell us... the public wouldn't panic"

Well Bill... I guess they would. Kids or not.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join