It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sting nabs sticky-fingered JFK airport workers going through luggage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Sting nabs sticky-fingered JFK airport workers going through luggage

www.nydailynews.com

A sting captured by security cameras nabbed two sticky-fingered airport workers who swiped electronics planted by authorities, officials said.

Brian Burton, 27, and Antwon Simmons, 26, stole a laptop and cell phone from the decoy luggage as it moved through Kennedy Airport, Port Authority officials said.

The thieves also switched the luggage tags, hoping to conceal their handiwork, officials said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

The suitcase was a trap set by the Transportation Security Administration and Delta Air Lines.

They stuffed the luggage with a lap top, an iPod and two cell phones, prosecutors said.

The pilfering pair - who had been on cops' radar, a source said - took the bait, failing the so-called integrity test.

Well maybe if you'd pay these people half way decent they wouldn't need to pilfer luggage? Starting pay for baggage handlers is $8.50 per hour. Average wage is about $13.00.

www.avjobs.com...

On the other hand, there are people working minimum wage jobs that refuse to steal, and live a very tough life.

But screw all that. How about setting up a sting operation to catch all these greedy bastards in the White House stealing from the American taxpayer? Or is that protected by National Security too?

www.nydailynews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Well maybe if you'd pay these people half way decent they wouldn't need to pilfer luggage? Starting pay for baggage handlers is $8.50 per hour. Average wage is about $13.00.

Ahhh, so it's the airport's fault, not the handler???
What should happen to the handlers?? Should they get a raise? Be promoted? I imagine that you think that they shouldn't be punished at all. After all, they were stealing from someone who probably made more than them. I know, they were only stealing the computers so their poor children would be able to compete against the rich kids in school.
At what point of pay would you expect them to no longer steal?

If I'm not mistaken, Chicago's O'hare still has the highest missing luggage rate. I'd like to see them do a sting there.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Ahhh, so it's the airport's fault, not the handler???
What should happen to the handlers?? Should they get a raise? Be promoted? I imagine that you think that they shouldn't be punished at all. After all, they were stealing from someone who probably made more than them. I know, they were only stealing the computers so their poor children would be able to compete against the rich kids in school.
At what point of pay would you expect them to no longer steal?

If I'm not mistaken, Chicago's O'hare still has the highest missing luggage rate. I'd like to see them do a sting there.

new topics

top topics

join