It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Health Care Bill will Outlaw Private Insurance

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Thank you. I appreciate your thoughtful and respectful answer.
I also get the feeling that something was done to break the system. People just didn't seem to have a problem getting to the doctor in the past. Of course people weren't as sick before either (either genuinely or as happens a lot these days diagnotically sick due to routine test results).

I think the comment you saw about catastrophic medical insurance only was mine. I haven't really thought it through myself, just an idea I am floating. I posted it on another thread on this subject a couple of days ago.

As for this bill breaking the small businesses.. well, what I have seen before is that small business just fire their employees and rehire them as 1099s. They do this as a matter of self preservation, but it ends up hurting the workers. I left a job because of that because my wife cannot be uninsured (Type I Diabetic).

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Do you think you could be a little more elaborate than "NIXON DID IT!!"?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

There is an audio tape of Nixon talking with some people about health insurance and something about it being brought up for to change it to for profit, I'll try to find it and start a thread on it.

As far as people being sicker now than before I think it is mainly because people aren't taking care of themselves, exercising and eating right and all that. Also the food they serve in school is not the most health thing.

I think there are a lot of hypochondriacs too.

When you get the thread up let me know.

Well the problem is that then the people that are employed are going to be forced to have insurance, either not get it or pay a fine for not having it. So the people will basically have how ever much money they set the fine at for not wanting health insurance.

So the person gets screwed either way.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join