It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terror threat over Thames

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
There appears to be another imminent terrorist attack - this time one from the Thames. Following President Obama's recent speech where he said that the UK is at greater risk than the US, according to reports.

“The likelihood of a terrorist attack in London is at least as high, if not higher, than it is in the United States,” Mr Obama said on Saturday.

Apparently the Mumbai attacks have shown terrorists just how easy it would be to attack from the river.

The Houses of Parliament, London Eye and the Canary Wharf figure are among the over 100 key sites that are said to be under threat, UK newspaper Daily Star has reported.

The attack plans — apparently inspired by the Mumbai 26/11 attacks during which Lashker-e-Taiba terrorists came in through the sea route and struck at top-end hotels — have led the authorities to put the river police on red alert for fanatic elements.

Are they trying to drum up more support for the increasingly unpopular Afghanistan campaign? Will there be another false flag?

Stay tuned.

Link

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
If a TRUE terrorist attack would occur via this method, i am of the belief that our counter-terrorism forces are amongst the best on the planet.

The problem with the Mumbai attacks was communication, lack of resources and the distance that the counter-terrorists had to travel (Delhi to Mumbai)...

Whereas London would undoubtably be a harder place to strike, due to the large amount of police (with armed police permanently on stand by) and military nearby.

Unless of course an attack would be another 7/7 inside job, then obviously certain pawns would not be used...

CX

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
If a TRUE terrorist attack would occur via this method, i am of the belief that our counter-terrorism forces are amongst the best on the planet.

True.

Just as long as there are no Brazilian's out jogging the day of the next incident. Hopefully that won't be repeated.

Other than that, they are usualy pretty good.

CX.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaalphanovember
There appears to be another imminent terrorist attack - this time one from the Thames.

Are they trying to drum up more support for the increasingly unpopular Afghanistan campaign? Will there be another false flag?

Stay tuned.

Link

Def (in my opinion) got more terror attacks coming to London.

And as mr-lizard pointed out...

"i am of the belief that our counter-terrorism forces are amongst the best on the planet."

agreed, not to mention the fact that MI6 Headquarters is situated on the south side of the Thames next to Vauxhall Bridge, and MI5 is over looking the thames at Millbank....Think the thames should be covered? unless of course MI5/MI6 are part of the next fake attack?! lol

[edit on 16-7-2009 by slinkey10]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by slinkey10

Have there been any specific alerts to the civilian population lately? Any arrests of any kind of terrorist cells?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
don't Know....don't think so? couldn't find anything on a Google search.

But my cynical/conspiracy mind reading between the lines 'he said that the UK is at greater risk than the US, according to reports. " probably means something is imminent in the UK, to keep us 'scared', to justify the surveillance (cctv)that is everywhere in London, the erosion of our rights, the justification for all the wars.... etc etc etc

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by slinkey10

The general trend, as far as I can see, is one of governments tightening their control over the populace ... either through vague threats of terrorism, or perhaps even plagues.

I don't quite see why they need to do this as Western countries seemed to have been quite nicely without all these controls and terror before. Why now? What has changed that is causing this rapid escalation?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Take your pic from the many conspiracy theories...

De-population and control by the NWO of whose left is my opinion(my opinion,my opinion, my opinion).....

And just wait till the 'Antichrist' Cameron becomes our next PM!! Oh yeah not forgetting Tony Blair who will probably become the EU President as well..god help us!

I know there are hundreds of conspiracy documentary's out there, watched this one last night, its good, and although it focuses mainly on the US, obviously it crosses over to the UK. One of its themes is keeping the population scared....

www.documentarywire.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

To tell you the truth it wouldn't surprise me if there was..... we have far too many Fanatical Muslims over here to be able to keep an eye on them all.... even some British have been converted into the Islamic faith so it wouldn't surprise me at all..........

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I think Obama's statement that the UK is more at risk than the US from an attack is a covenient scare-mongering tactic in light of the fact that this month has been one of the bloodiest, if not the bloodiest month for British soldiers in Afghanistan and British support for the war there is beginning to wane.

Nothing like a good old scaremongering of the British public to boost support for the war again, Obama thinks.

Sorry Obama, you fail. We see right through you.

If there ever was an attack on London like Mumbai, one needs to contemplate that the reason the gunmen had the run of the town for so long was because the police were brave, but poorly armed, with bolt-action rifles or pistols or even unarmed against people armed with AK-47's.

In London, you have armed police officers at train stations and airports, you have SO19, (sometimes known as CO19) which is equivalent to SWAT in the US.

Of course, traffic could be a problem. London is also a big city.

My guess is that the longer the situation developed, depending on how the S019 handle matters, the more chance the SAS could be brought in. And those chaps do not take prisoners.

If it's an inside job.....well Obama seems to know....

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I'm just amazed that people in the media can report this with a straight face. We've had so many fake terror arrests, so much BS... even the people who do think 7/7 was a real incident have seen a constant theme of terror arrests on innocent people, the shooting of De Menzes, the pathetic life of Richard Reid, carbombs that conveniently failed to go off...

Unless these "terrorists" have help from our wonderful security forces, they seem a bit crappy, frankly.

See, now, the IRA (also funded by the US) were proper terrorists. Their stuff worked. These jihadis don't amount to much, it seems to me. But then I'm one of those folks who understands the nature and prevalence of the false flag attack.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

See, now, the IRA (also funded by the US) were proper terrorists. Their stuff worked.

Exactly - so why do we have all these draconian measures put in place NOW, when these guys were far more deadly, and far more active for decades, not just a few years?

"AQ" hits a place not even on the same continent, and we go running around scared as if the world will implode at any moment?

It doesn't add up.

new topics

top topics

join