It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Dickbar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
live in the UK, politics and languages degree, been a stockbroker (european equity trader) for 14 years, at various places including some of the 'roots of all evil'. married to a french lass, two young lads, 4 and nearly 2... house is on the market and we're moving to France because this business is #ed (it has become a farce over the las year and almost everything is manipulated now), this country is #ed, there's more room in France, i don't want to be on this island when the # hits the fan, i believe we've seen the end of capitalism as we know it and we need to rethink but people aren't bright enough to see it/too greedy and want to squeeze some more out of it... i own gold and silver and i'm buying farmland
i'm not religious but i do believe that the earth is a living organism and we need to treat it as such; i'm a big fan and believer of Viktor Schauberger's work and i don't understand Tesla really but i get the feeling those two were on similar wavelengths, no pun intended.
i believe the world is overpopulated and the population will come down... how this happens will either be the earth shaking us off, a huge war, eugenics... dunno... but my feeling is unless we do it ourselves, the earth will do it herself; i'm an exponent of geronticide simply because i can't think of another way that's more easy to stomach... in my mind it'd be when your first grandchild reaches 18 or something... if you don't have any then you don't have to die... but personally i'd be more than happy to top myself if it meant my offspring having a better life and any responsible parent would or should feel the same... at any rate, it'd soon breed out selfishness as a human trait.
i'm very opinionated, (in my job, you HAVE to have a view) but i'm very open to being proved wrong (in my job you HAVE to know when you're wrong very quickly and not fight it)
i believe the equity mkts, inflation adjusted, will never see the level we saw in 2007 ever again... any improvemnt in the global economy will be wiped out by ensuing spike in commodities because the earth cannot sustain growth any more... which is why you buy silver, gold and farmland...
i believe this re-pimp of the economy is going to fail massively and swine flu/another war is going to be used as a way to re-calibrate and make people look the other way. Huge supporter of Ronny P's auditthe fed bill... and if that ever gets anywhere near happening, you want to be long silver and gold
i love women, i love animals, i love plants, i love moving water... i cannot wait to leave this job but i have loved doing it... being an equity trader you are right at the pinnacle, the cutting edge of the system that is presently dying and it's been a ball...
having read ATS daily for a while now, there's a lot of gumpf on here, there's an awful lot of nationalism from people who should be more intelligent but there's an awful lot of insight and people are very quick to pick # up that's out there... i really enjoy it

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by dickbar

Fantastic introduction .

Welcome .

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Thats quite a statement.
Welcome. I enjoyed reading your ideals. Mine are very similar...

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus
reply to post by dickbar

Fantastic introduction .

Welcome .

I have to repeat Frantastic introduction.

I clicked on your thread because your member-name made me laugh, but after reading your introduction I am impressed. Thanks for the interesting read.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Hi Dickbar, your name is hillarious! I applaud your introduction and your way of writing. I look forward to reading your upcoming threads and will keep an eye out for you. Welcome to ATS!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
i used to play scrum half for the school first XV at a time when Nick Farr-Jones was the best scrum half in the world... i became Dickbar Jones... it's been a nickname ever since then... so now you know i was a scrum half, you also know i suffer from small person syndrome which will explain why i'm an aggressive little sh1t! :-)

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS! We have something in common!

My other nickname was Bardick!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by dickbar

There is a term I've never heard of before.
What is a scrum half? Soccer position maybe?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Hi Dick!

I think Dick is referring to rugby?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by dickbar

Have just spent four years working in advertising in UK, before that was cooking in ski fields in France - have multiple degrees and am moving to the country - everything you have said is true - however you need to consider this -
The dwindling resources are going to spark wars - the only thing capable of providing enough power to supply the worlds war machines is oil - so it will continue to be used and global warming will not be averted.

Hence France is going to be un-liveable in fifty years you should consider moving to north scotland.....

I very much look forward to a sustainable farm with a restaurant on it - care to back me ?

Try looking at Nowra on Google Earth / Maps - incredible spot......

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
quite happy to hunt and fish in the dordogne while the war goes on around me... figure if the frogs aint got no oil, no one gonna bother trying it on with them... and am perfectly capable of thriving off the grid

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Bardick -
.... stick with dooper mate i quite like that one

Dickbar - fair play for making that decision to move away, keep us informed on how thats going as many on here would be interested in making a similar move away.

new topics

top topics

join