It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are over nine million military trained people in the United States

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   

The murder of four American contractors in Iraq, while working for Blackwater USA, put these civilians, employed by the American armed forces, in the news. Blackwater continues to recruit for all sorts of jobs the military needs done, and doesn�t have troops available to do. This is typical in wartime, where there is often insufficient time to recruit and train people with needed skills. What Blackwater does is draw upon the large number of retired military people who are able, and willing (for a price) to return to doing what they did before they left, or retired, from the military. Most of these jobs are not about using weapons. For example, a recent Blackwater recruiting effort sought to obtain six people for a �Military Crisis Operations Support Team.� This is basically a liaison and communications job. Blackwater was looking for two team leaders (officers with Chief of Staff experience, meaning colonels or lieutenant-colonels), and four to do analyst and communicator chores. The two team leaders are being offered $100,000-150,000 a year, while the others are offered $70,000-90,000 a year. This includes full health benefits and up to 25 percent Danger Pay. Travel expenses are also covered, as some of the work is expected to be overseas. Anyone hired has to be able to leave for an overseas assignment with 72 hours notice. All candidates must, of course, be in good health and have, or be able to get, a Top Secret security clearance. While many of these jobs are usually filled by retirees, recent veterans are also much in demand. There are seven million military American veterans (including retirees) between 20-50 years of age. To put this in perspective, consider that there are currently 2.5 million active duty and reserve troops available (some of the reservists are veterans). This means there are over nine million people in the United States with military training, and at least a few million people that outfits like Blackwater can recruit from.

China has the biggest army, no. The United States will always be the best.

[Edited on 8-5-2004 by jetsetter]

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
ahem the united states military is NOT the best and before u say oh but nethier is the UK's i agree that we are not the best ethier
also how do u know that every 1 will fight?
u may have nine million on paper but in real life not every 1 will fight
and also china has hundreds of women that will fight as well something no western country likes to do is send women to war thats why women cant join the infantry units

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
OH the women are probably feirce!!

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
woman are the fiercest fighters out there
u try to take a womans child and youv got one hell of a fight

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
WW2, Everyone fought that could. But thats only a major war like WW2

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
ahem the united states military is NOT the best and before u say oh but nethier is the UK's i agree that we are not the best ethier
also how do u know that every 1 will fight?
u may have nine million on paper but in real life not every 1 will fight
and also china has hundreds of women that will fight as well something no western country likes to do is send women to war thats why women cant join the infantry units

I guarentee you that, were the US invaded, every mid-western woman not living in a city would take up a gun and defend her home, family and country. Women can be the most fiercest fighters in the world, but men have a hard time seeing them die. To assume just because someone has a vagina they're not fierce is just...foolishness.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
I guarentee you that, were the US invaded, every mid-western woman not living in a city would take up a gun and defend her home, family and country. Women can be the most fiercest fighters in the world, but men have a hard time seeing them die. To assume just because someone has a vagina they're not fierce is just...foolishness.

Same for the women in New England.

Live for freedom; die for freedom.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Try and take chocolate from my wife and just see what happens. Every rule in the Geneva Convention would be broken
What are you saying 9 million in the U.S.? 9 million what? There are over 250 million people!

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I made the big mistake of making a sexist joke to this big black muscle women the other day, I was just joking. She cheap shotted me right in the face, almost broke my nose. I was gonna hit her back but my buddies pulled me away.

Bitch.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
i didnt imply that because some 1 has a vagina that they are the fiercest fighters i just said said that women would kick most guys asses because we have acertain organ ,if hit , will bring us down yes no?

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
i didnt imply that because some 1 has a vagina that they are the fiercest fighters i just said said that women would kick most guys asses because we have acertain organ ,if hit , will bring us down yes no?

A woman being kicked in the same area is no picnic either....

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
i know iv seen that third hand but when u see a woman being hit it just aint right
any way lets not make a political argument outa this

[Edited on 8-5-2004 by devilwasp]

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
First of all, women have lower physical standards then men to get into the army. It should be equal, if they can't cut it, don't let them in.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
look lets not make this a political statement or arguement
but to clarify
woman do not have the same upper body strength as males BUT they are better at skills or exspertese i know this from canoeing cause men just use power where as women use style thats why they are better canoers

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
i'd dispute the 9 million figure for the U.S .
surely it must be higher , half of the men i know out here have served in the forces ,and quite a few women .
interstingly enough ,of the men /women[reservists /retired] who've expressed an opinion ,all of them wanted to go to Iraq .
the U.S [in my opinion ] will never be short of willing soldiers .

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
i guess the 9 million is people that have gone through service and could be drafted in total?

In other countries this is the number of males fit for military service. If that is a conscription country it suggest that would be there strategic reserve. Guess how big the CHinese reserve could be??? 160 million, cause this is the number of eligable males [one source claimed 300 million] . I wonder if they have ammo and rifles for all of them?

new topics

top topics

join