It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girlfriend scared me saying she saw something

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by mahtoosacks

It's been a few days since your initial post, have either of you seen this thing again??

second line

[edit on 21-7-2009 by starsyren]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
actually no. shes coming back into town tonight, so hopefully i will be able to recreate the situation (minus the fighting
) to get something to happen

i have still been getting the feeling of being watched, but not sure if its just me gettting psyched up.

but thanks for being patient, im trying to get something on vid, but doesn't seem to work right.

i think i need a better camera though.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mahtoosacks

Last night about 3 or 4am, my girlfriend woke up and said she was scared stiff. she saw something about 4 foot tall, black, human-like looking at her. when she moved to wake me up, she said it ran out my bedroom door and disappeared in the kitchen. Not sure if disappear means fade away or blended in with shadows.

It's possible that "Beetlejuice" the little black guy from the Howard Stern show was walking around your neighborhood, got hungry and came in to look for something to eat...I wouldn't rule it out. That guys bananas

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by PeterGriffin

haha possibly!

I asked her all the obvious things first. dog? no. midget? really hope not. ghost? ......

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Absolutely nothing to worry about, like most shadow people sightings its a sleep related phenomena. Google about people waking up and hallucinating insects and they will often also talk about shadowy men by the door or short shadowy children… well they say children and men but if you read it they're just describing blobs of shadow that their sleepy brain interprets as a person because of the shape.

I started hallucinating insects often after picking up a bad sleeping routing while at university, and have also had the occasional tall shadowy shape, often I get it while experiencing sleep paralysis which also causes the sensation of pressure on your chest or limbs so that coupled with the abstract hallucination makes people think they are being held down by a malevolent being. I think I recall reading its like the opposite of a lucid dream, instead of your conscious brain turning on in your sleep you get the unrestricted imagination part acting while your awake, when I've hallucinated insects I can actually watch them for extended periods up to a minute or so then if I shake my head to wake up a bit more then they disappear.

She should perhaps try to sleep better and may be stressed.

Remember all our brain receives from our eyes is some colours, shapes and limited depth information and its up to our brain to interpret that into what we are seeing and there is so much stuff that can go wrong between the light hitting your eyes and your brains interpretation, I mean just look at hallucinogenic drugs if they can make a person believe they are seeing things then its entirely possible for hallucinations to happen naturally like they do when sleep deprived.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
If the dog did not bark then your girlfriend had a bad dream, maybe she woke up and thought she saw something. As to why the dog did not want to come in the room. I think the dog could sense your girlfriends emotional state, maybe the dog thought he/she was in trouble. A dog will react to tones and emotions.

I'm sure the dog would have gone off the handle if something appeared in the room/house.

[edit on 28-7-2009 by SharkBait]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Earlier this year as I slowly awakened, I opened my eyes, I was lying on my belly and my room was very bright. My head was turned to the left and in the corner of my eye was this large, opaque, black figure sitting at my feet and staring at me. At least it felt like it was, because it didn't have any features at all. Naturally I went to look at it only to find I was totally paralyzed. The only thing that I could control were my eyelids. I struggled hard to move but I was frozen with this thing locked it my corner vision. It seemed to be enjoying itself. I could sense it was getting a kick from watching me struggle. Let me tell you I have come across many different entities, and a few of them were dark and pretty scary. However, the only way to describe how I felt was utter, terrified, horror. We remained like this for a good 30 seconds or so and I closed my eyes almost waiting for it to attack. I had a few quick thoughts of my demise and suddenly my eyes popped back open and it was gone. Movement returned to me and I curled up in a ball like a little kid. Hands down the most vivid, frightening experience in my life. Still gives me the willies each time I re-tell it.

I know about sleep paralysis and shadow people. But this was somehow different. This thing was a full 3-D figure and the light was falling on what looked like fabric and hair. Also my bed was bowed down at the foot where it's weight pressed into the mattress. This thing had mass and texture. Don't know if that describes some kind of creature I am simply not aware of yet. Open to theories and thoughts!

[edit on 29-7-2009 by seageek]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I've had full 3D tangible hallucinations during sleep paralysis while in a light room, not really a figure mostly stupid things like a big filing cabinet in the middle of my room and a floating playing card just above me.

Had some "shadow people" experiences last night ironically after posting offering an explanation, it felt like hands were all over my and pressing against me and I could hear whispering in my ear, I didn't look around my room because I thought there was a good chance of seeing something unpleasant. This is probably because I accidently napped 8:30-10 then went to bed 4:30am

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

On 'GhostHunters' (International) I watched the TAPS team film a small (human-like i guess) figure. It was all black, like a midget-sized black robed and hooded (too me) monk, with no face or other details visible. It came running out from behind something, then went running back. It was just about the oddest and disturbing thing I have ever seen.

[edit on 29-7-2009 by simonecharisse]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I think intense negative emotions attracts these things. A few years ago, I was going through a protracted, painful breakup with a guy I was dating at work (so there was no getting away from him until I transferred to another division). I was attacked by shadow beings nearly every night - always between 3:00 and 5:00 a.m. The dark hooded figure definitely had an evil aura and would try to choke or suffocate me until I started reciting the Lord's Prayer then it would disappear. I'm not particularly religious, but prayer seemed to be the only thing that would make these beings leave. I also think you can see these creatures when you have an out-of-body experience. When I've involuntarily popped out of my body and find myself "floating" near the ceiling, I'd see these beings, too.

Since I haven't had any major emotional upsets in my life recently, I've stopped having these nightly attacks, so I know the two must be connected.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Hi mahtoosacks (and all others ATS'ers)

Although I totally believe in 'the other side' or 'the spectrum' as someone aboe mentioned, the only quesiton I raise is why people so often see 'things/beings/silhouettes' when in bed. Is this a state between reality and dreams?

When I moved into our current house, we felt a presence, though not malevolent; for a while the tv would switch on voluntarily, and the (heavy) rubbish bin would have moved across the kitchen by morning. I never saw anything, but it was only once I had a mental/zen 'chat' with the presence that these happenings totally seized....nothing since...I'd advise you all to try this if you have anything going down....

Peace,

evlom

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Dont forget the possibility that the entities your seeing are Demons.
Demons have been misinterpreted as seperate beings coming from Hell when the reality is there actually spirit creaures which have been created by casters to do deeds by their makers, and then cast upon whom they see fit to "curse." Demons are made from Black Magick and ill intent but arent the stereotypical horned cloof beings we see represented in the books. Instea there shadow beings which take over peoples souls and lives and can mentally torture them unless proper protection/guidance is sought.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I'm not sure what it is now. I havent seen anything like it since. I actually didnt see it at all that time, but I have seen and heard things there that creep me out. Shadows darting in my peripheral.

I have been hearing things lately that are like loud clicks or like somebody snapping fingers. Only happens every so often, and I know it's not the breakers or ac or fridge. I always write it off as either the house settling at night, or a bug or something hitting the windows. I can't write off the weird feelings I get while in there. Sometimes it feels like someone is literally 2 inches from the back of my head staring at me.

I also get terrified while I'm outside at night. Way more scared than I should be. Others have said the same thing. I was in boy scouts and have hunted (don't anymore) and been outdoors all my life.

We have heard really strange things at night too. That kind of stuff can be explained away, as in Georgia, there are many animals that make noises when scared: horses, cows, coyotes, a few donkeys, deer, bobcat, bear, turkey, wild boar on occasion are all within a mile of me. My "backyard" neighbors are actually just hundreds of acres dedicated to Georgia Pacific and Mead paper mills re-forestry. every few years they will come chop down trees and replant them. During hunting season, they rent access for deer. shouldnt be anyone back there till season starts in November.

This one noise happened a few times while I was outside smoking a cig. straight scared the mess out of me. sounded like a mix between a bottle rocket (one of the bigger kind) and a horse. It didn't really sound like a whinny, but was one solid straight tone. It came from at least a half mile away (its 800 900 yards to road and it sounded like across the street in the woods back there). This noise was louder than a car screeching its tires, and lasted for about 3-4 seconds, then it would happen again another 10 - 15 minutes later.

I don't know though. I just hope its nothing bad. probably isn't seeing as how I'm still alive

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by diabolique

between 3 and 5 am?

I find myself waking up at that time a lot, and I definitely feel like I'm being watched. It's weird, but I have gone so far as to see if there are cameras hidden around me. lol. quite literally though, I feel like I'm on display or on tv or something a lot in that house.

But that's what time she said she saw it too.

It's these small coincidences that are making me not want to drop it as just a fluke or dream. Besides that, I would believe her if she told me anything, and I honestly believe she wouldn't make that up.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
well, alls quient on the western front, so to say.

havent had anything weird happen lately. i think i psyched myself up the other night (a few days ago), but nothing of concern. got some kind of weird cold chills with terror from nowhere.... weird. so i wrote it off and went to play some computer games.

i need a real video camera before i can try capturing anything.

i guess this is the end to this thread...

for now

OH my girl is moving here soon. should be by the end of the month. maybe she will see something again? who knows. ill be recording if it does though !!

thanks a lot to everyone for your stories and help! i knew you guys were the source i needed.

ok, one quick thing though. my cousin came into town a week ago. she told me some crazy stuff about how our family has had a lot of weird experiences like this. she walked through the house while i was making a drink, and she came back and said, "K all clear!"

i was like what?? she said she walked around and basically said, "If you are here, you aren't welcome, and you need to leave now"

dont know if it did anything or not, but i havent had anything but normal feelings in the house since. odd. maybe it built up a defence in my mind to tune them out, or they did leave, or what...

not sure but maybe it worked

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join