It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girlfriend scared me saying she saw something

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Sort of like doctor who i suppose but only exists in another level of concisnous ?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Chaos Lord

I just did a little searching, and I think you may be on to something.

I read that they are attracted to intense emotions. She and I had an argument that last a few hours prior until we went to sleep. We were both upset still. She woke up and saw it.

She was mad at me because we had broken up for a few weeks, and I met someone else, and told her that I never did anything with her, but I did, and she caught me. We will get over it, but I think that those feelings brought up something terrible. I feel like I have seen these many times before. I know she has as well.

Is it something to worry about? Is using sage a little much?

EDIT:
this is the place that I found my info.
www.topix.com...

[edit on 7/16/2009 by mahtoosacks]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mahtoosacks

Something very similar happened to my sis once. She was in her teens and was at home alone and in bed on morning. Her room was at the end of a hall way and her bed faced the doorway. One morning, she woke up and saw a black figure at the end of the hall. She said she thought she was seeing things so she closed her eyes and opened them again and the figure was halfway up the hall. She closed her eyes again and opened them and it was in her doorway. It didn't get any closer than that though... it just went away. This was during daylight, but she said that it was only a form with no facial features, but she described it as a "boy" because it was short. She never saw it again though. I saw something in that house too when I was 15. I woke up one morning to find a girl sitting in my room. Her back was turned to me and at first I thought it was one of my sisters, but I watched her for a good 20-30 seconds before realizing that whatever it was really wasn't supposed to be there. I covered up my head, scared out of my mind and when I came out from under the covers, it was gone. There were other strange things that happened in that house, but we never saw the same thing twice. It was strange though because it was a new house... we were the only ones to ever live there. The land had been in the family for generations (it was out in the sticks too, lol) and we didn't know of anybody that had passed away that could have been haunting the place... not that we even believed in that at the time. I've since changed my opinion on that, but that's another story, lol.

Anyway, to sum all this up, things happen that aren't "supposed" to happen in reality as we know it. I don't think what your gf saw was necessarily a bad omen or whatever... I mean, I can't say for sure, but nothing bad happened after my sis and I had our experiences in our home. I don't think you need to move or anything... at least not just from that one occurrence. I do believe that she saw something, but it's very likely it will never be seen again. Tell your gf to try not to be scared... I know personally that that is saying a whole lot because after my experience, I didn't sleep in my room for 2 months, ha ha! But it's unlikely that it's anything that can do harm.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Dude thats a fanatastic point mine happened the night after manchester united lost the champions league and i was fuming
your on to something

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mahtoosacks
In the off chance that it does come back, should we try to communicate with it?

last thing I want for me or her is that scene from ghostbusters1 where they try to talk to the librarian ghost. holy cow I would lose it!!

just keep the responses coming, because you won't get any negativity from me over this. everyone else seems to be on the same page here too.

It depends on what you want out of it. If you want it to go away, say so! I have never heard of these paranormal experiences harming anyone. (Abductions, and a few possessions not included.)

Otherwise, either ignore it, it isn't doing anything, or try to catch it and talk to it, which will probably make it go away anyhow.

A mother of two boys died in our last home before we had it. When our two boys were born, we started having a lot of activity. My oldest son liked it, he would look and laugh and point, but my wife and I couldn't see it.

We both felt odd things in their room at night. One night my wife was literally shaken awake, but as she came to, there was nothing there, but my son had fallen out of bed.

The oldest boy started having nightmares around 2 years old, and my wife was concerned, so we went into the room at night. Waited for the eery chills to come, and then said flat out, "We don't mind you being here, but you have to leave the boys alone at night. You scare them!"

After that, no more nightmares.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
What works for me when going through paranormal stages - leave the TV on ( Light and sound ) it keeps me connected to the physical world ( I know it makes me sound like a sad act but it makes me sleep easily without the paranormal activity although the bed vibrates often.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
What works for me when going through paranormal stages - leave the TV on ( Light and sound ) it keeps me connected to the physical world ( I know it makes me sound like a sad act but it makes me sleep easily without the paranormal activity although the bed vibrates often.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
wow

This thread is getting creepier and creepier!

I remember being in a really old house when I was a kid. We would get weird vibes all the time. My parents said they even saw what looked like a bald-headed boy standing in their doorway. One evening, my dad went to the store to get cigs and ice cream for us. It sounded like he walked in with bags walked to the kitchen and started to put stuff away. Not only was he not there, but the impossible to open gaurd lock was locked, which was weird because he was the last one out the door, and noone locked it.

these locks

While living at a place in Savannah, GA, I had a really weird experience with my same dog I have now. He was chasing something around the room, but it was on the ceiling. He would watch it fly around and then look back at me, look back at it, couldn't see it, so he would run around till he found it again, and just stare. I could tell it was moving, because he would follow it till it left. After that, he would come lay down beside me like, 'OK its gone!'.

I finally talked to her. Shes still mad, and is claiming it was just a dream now. I know better. She was terrified of what she saw. She told me she saw its eyes and everything and then it took off out the door. She wouldn't have made that up. She may be so scared that she doesn't want it brought up again.

I'm still setting up the camera tonight though.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Let her believe what she wants, hypnagogic hallucinations (dream) is a very good explanation. im very torn on what to beleive i belive a bit of both. i have alot of storys and a few theories but at the end of the day i just hope your GF is okay and she will be able to sleep at night

[edit on 16-7-2009 by toshly1]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
i wonder what would happen if some one could have the courage to go up to one of these being/things/sprits and just try and touch it.

i know it would be hard but the fact we freeze scared and dont move could be a sign that we are not ready to find out alot of truths about our world.

I hope if i saw one i would have the balls to go up to it and touch it and talk to it. just to see what happens.

I know i would be shaking like hell but i've never seen a experience from someone saying and i went up to it and it vanished or i try to touch it and it vanished.

TheCrow

maybe ghost/spirits or what ever if your coming to see me please let it be when i am drunk, maybe tonight

i'll have my beer muscles on

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Great idea with the camera! Sorry bout girlfriend, she is probably just embarrassed.

My dog has seen things also. When him and I were single, we lived in a little apartment. One night I woke up to his low growling. He was lying on the floor next to my bed looking into the kitchen. I looked and I saw a tall man in a hardhat. I thought I was crazy for a second, I rubbed my eyes and focused, we sort of made eye contact and then he faded away. I say faded, because all of a sudden I could make out the counter top and refrigerator come into focus behind him!

The dog made his low gruff bark and got up and went into the kitchen with all his hair standing up. He sniffed around, I got up and turned some lights on, he wagged his tail, we had a snack and went back to bed. Never happened again!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I really would go up to it and touch it even chase it just out of amazement but as a child i didnt have the balls and when in sleep paralysis you cannot move so it's a no brainer unfornutly
but il promise myself if the sitution ever arises i will do so -

i never usually share these experiances with close ones they ever rubbish it or laugh me off as insane

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
When I was about six, I was at my sisters dads place alone with my little sister one morning. There was a gym/ office at the end of the hall..Out of the corner of my eye I saw something black flashing through the crack of the door, so I went to look. As I walked through the doorway, the black office chair was spinning extremely fast. There was no one else in the house, so I ran out and stayed outside until my mom came back and her dad came home.

That was that, never saw it happen again.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by toshly1

Dont worry, have seen and had experiences no one believes too. Not even my boyfriend or family. I feel your pain..

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
So many paranormal experiances some are questionable and others crediable but I dont think iv ever shared a paranormal happening its always only me... il tell them later on when i feel the need

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Anyone ever had entity taking somebodies apperence ?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

For some reason that post just makes me uneasy. I can't put my finger on why. I"m a fan of horror literature, lovecraft, derlit=h, etc..., and nothing I've read or watched has ever made me this uneasy. 1

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
UPDATES

I got home and she is spilling her guts.

She said that it was short(like before) but had a round head, and no neck and a full human body but squished short. didn't really have a form.

orrrrr not that it was a short fat thing but tiny and.... *waving hands in air* ........ (im having a hard time with this, she keeps wanting to tell me then not......)

When she noticed it, it turned and ran out the door and stood in the kitchen and that's when she started smacking me to wake up. she told me to look out the door and she put her face in the pillow. I was still half asleep and didn't notice anything so I told her to go back to sleep.

She says her heart was pounding harder than ever and it took her forever to calm down. She couldn't go back to sleep for a while.
but she doesn't want you guys (even though she will never meet you) to think she's crazy.

She had mentioned something about how we have been having really bad dreams the past couple nights, and wonders if this is somehow connected. I know that I haven't had any dreams in a while until recently. they were intense and seemed so real, not sure if this is part of this or not, but I want to give you guys all the info I can.

so far i think our best guess is shadow people, but she makes it seem like it has form to it and the part of how it went to the kitchen and stared at her from there still gives me chills.

[edit on 7/16/2009 by mahtoosacks]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zoopedia
reply to post by Regensturm

Wow that really freaked me out XD. Gave me goosebumps.

Out of all the strange occurances I and my family have had, I know this is wierd to say, but looking back, this one with the shadow girl was the least scary, probably because the figure was harmless like a statue, and took the form of a child as opposed to a monstrous entity.

But after seeing what one poster said, about how the shadow people are tricksters, and can take on any form.....let's just say I'm not going to be sleeping so easily tonight!

We have had so many strange occurances, not so much in recent years for some reason, but we used to have visual and aural phenomena rather commonly.

With the subject ongoing about shadow people, I am reminded of my brother's experiences as well, and I will share his as well.

My brother used to have to get up really early in the morning for work, and as he did not at that time have his own house, his girlfriend used to stay over for the night as well.

Well he told me and my mum what happened to him one morning, and do you know, my Mum told me that her full-grown adult son was unusually ashen-faced, his face drawn with fright as he recounted his story.

It was early one morning, and he had got up as normal with his girlfriend, washed, dressed, had a quick breakfast.

It was about 6-7 am, and as everybody else was still asleep, both he and his girlfriend were being painfully quiet.

They remembered standing at the bottom of the stairs talking about something when all of a sudden they both had the feeling they were being watched from the top of the stairs.

They both turned and looked up to the top of the stairs, and saw a tall, dark shadow standing there, looking down at them.

Good grief, I'm getting the chills as I write this!

My brother, thinking it was one of the family, said hello, but there was no reply, just silence.

And then both my brother and his girlfriend watched on as this shadow at the top of the stairs, just vanish where it stood.

Needless to say, they were both shaken by the incident and both got even earlier to work than normal!

My brother's second experience was during the day, when he and Mum, alone in the house, were talking just off the side to the bottom of the stairs, where my brother and his girlfriend had their experience.

Just to help explain better, directly at the top of the stairs is the landing that leads to different bedrooms, and straight ahead, a second floor window, so on a sunny day, if someone crossed the landing past the top of the stairs, their shadow would be cast on the floor at the bottom of the stairs as they passed the second floor window.

My brother and Mum were deep in conversation about something, when they both noticed movement on the floor at the bottom of the stairs.

They looked just in time to see a huge shadow cross from one side of the floor to the other, cast as if somebody had crossed the landing, and passed the window at the top of the stairs and their shadow was cast on the floor.

My brother and mother, thinking a burglar had got into the house, immeadiatly rushed up the stairs to investigate, but found nobody, nothing.

Later on in the day, my Mum told this encounter to me, and I immeadiatly was intrigued. I got out the tape measure, gave it to Mum, and told her to watch and measure my shadow cast on the floor on the bottom of the stairs, to see if the shadow would be comparable as I crossed the landing on the path seemingly taken by the shadow.

So I, all 6 foot and few inches of me, crossed the landing, and my shadow was cast on the floor at the bottom of the stairs.

My Mum measured my shadow, but said my shadow was far shorter.

In short, we worked out that whatever had crossed the landing that cast that shadow on the floor at the bottom of the stairs had to have been at least, at least 7 foot tall.

There is a public footpath that is lower down that the second-floor window looks out on, but for a shadow to be cast by someone or should I say something walking along that, the figure that cast the shadow would have to be even taller.

My brother's last experience, or rather the last experience he was willing to tell anyone else about, was when the family went on holiday but my brother and his girlfriend stayed behind to look after the house.

Well the rest of us had a nice holiday, but when we returned, both my brother in his mid-twenties and his girlfriend were pale and looked frightened, and could not be more relieved at seeing us.

They told us, straight-faced and serious, how every night something would knock and rattle on their bedroom door, which was downstairs, and somebody or something could be heard walking around upstairs.

My brother would charge out with baseball bat, ready to confront an intruder, to find the house, apart from his girlfriend, empty.

On at least one occasion, my brother's girlfriend was in the bath, my brother asleep in bed, and she could hear what she thought was my brother calling her.

But it was not my brother.

Eventually it got to the point where my brother and girlfriend would lock themselves into their downstairs bedroom at the first sign of Dusk, and would wait for dawn to break before even thinking of venturing out into the rest of the house.

I am actually sort of wishing I had not typed this all out here, as I am at the moment of writing, alone in the very same house!

In regards to shadow people, I have heard before that they could be connected to emotions and times of stress, as someone else here suggested.

Apparently Poltergeists, so research by Parapsychologists suggest, seem connected to teenagers during puberty.

Whether this is energy that is manifested or projected by the teenager's emotions is something that I think is the focus of the theory.

To the OP, I don't think either your girlfriend or yourself are mad, but I would say don't be frightened, and think of the experience as a shared moment of the unknown that only you and your girlfriend have had, and nobody else.

Never forget the experience, as it is something you and your girlfriend shared.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I've read about the shadow people before, but the more detail you provide, the more I wanna lean toward something interdimensional. The fact that it "ran" outta the room, waited in the kitchen...was "looking" at her. Seems more like you were being observed....watched over. I wouldn't be afraid of these things if I were you. They're obviously more afraid of you than you are of them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join