It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Mystery Blob Moves Through Alaskan Waters

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Vendric

Is this it ?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Ok soo....nobody analyzed this stuff or what?

line 2

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

Yes thats it thanks for the help and posting it.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I'll repeat. Black Algae..

Here is a picture of Black Algae Meeting Green Algae.... Notice the black algae....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cb48f4dcc41a.jpg[/atsimg]

I say identical...

Still wondering why this is in Aliens and UFOs...

[edit on 17-7-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

link not found hun sorry lol

2nd line

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ronishia

That better?

2nd line

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

yup thanks lol and yes it does look very similar to the video, youd have thought that the people who found it and the coast guards etc would have thought of this though

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Probably not. Black Algae is pretty uncommon really. It does occur though in coastal seas every now and again, they probably thought it was algae but since it was black dismissed it.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

yea true would still be intresting to get a conclusive result though, set everyones minds at rest of people will be having nightmares about the creature from the black lagoon

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

I can see the green algae but I'm just not seeing any black algae, do you mean the black thing sitting inside the green algae ?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Yeah, silly really since all it would take is a small sample and your standard run of the mill microscope or a DNA test if they want to get fancy, but as I have seen it before I will still say black algae.

(I would bet almost anything that is what it is)

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cb48f4dcc41a.jpg[/atsimg]

See the black stuff next to the green stuff?....................

Yeah that's black algae..... See all black... and gooey....and stuff.........

I'm not trying to be rude, but I think you need to get your eyes checked

Here is the link directly to it if you want to see the full sized image.
Full Image

Here let me make a comparison image hold on.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

I can see the green algae and what looks like a beach with an oil slick, is it the oil that's supposed to be the black algae ?

My eyes are fine, I'm just trying to make sure it's definately black algae as it looks like oil to me

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Here is a comparison image. Should help

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2e6b96e67464.jpg[/atsimg]

Black algae also has a strong awful smell.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
My first thought when I heard this story and saw the pictures was a episode I saw on one of those shows like Creepshow, Alfred Hitchcock or Twilight Zone (can't remember which it was).
There were these teenagers that went to this lake and decided to go out for a swim to the dock in the middle of the lake and then this Blob stuff came a trapped them on the dock in the middle of the lake. It killed each kid one at a time and it even chased the last kid to the shore when he decided to make a break for it. It ended up getting him too because he thought he was safe on shore and it lifted up and away he went too.
I wouldn't want to come across any of that Blob stuff ever....plus they say it has a very strong foul smell!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech
reply to post by DaMod

I can see the green algae and what looks like a beach with an oil slick, is it the oil that's supposed to be the black algae ?

My eyes are fine, I'm just trying to make sure it's definately black algae as it looks like oil to me

Yeah it's black algae (black algae is really a dark dark greenish brown), and it's funny you say it looks like oil because that is the same way the Alaskans are describing the black algae blob they have up there. The concept is not really far fetched. I'm sure you know what a red tide is. In case you dont here is a wiki article to help.

Wiki Article

Not all algal blooms are dense enough to cause water discolouration, and not all discoloured waters associated with algal blooms are red.

The picture they have of a red tide is kind of a minor one though. Let me see if i can find a more severe version..

Yeah here is a picture of a bad red tide.

These are caused by red algae. To me I don't know why black algae couldn't do the same.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluebelle
Has anyone tried feeding it? Or poking it with a stick?

Im just glad they havent found any of that stuff over here in the UK!

Actually, the comments on one of the pics shows some of the blob in a bucket which was found near Barrow, now unless there is another Barrow, thats 40 miles south down the road from me in Cumbria. Im gonna take a wander down the shore later and go blob hunting!

EDIT: Actually, just noticed, DaMod has put the picture im talking about a few comments up, the Algae // Alaskan blob one, thats the stuff found at Barrow (assuming Barrow UK, I could be wrong)

[edit on 17/7/09 by woogleuk]

Edit: I should have googled first, there is a Barrow in Alaska, don't i feel silly. ah well, still going blob hunting, plenty of blobs in this town on a friday night.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

I like the idea of the doom blob better though so I'm going to have say you're wrong, even though I know you're right

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech
reply to post by DaMod

I like the idea of the doom blob better though so I'm going to have say you're wrong, even though I know you're right

Hey whatever keeps your boat afloat.

Unless of course it is sunk by a black algal bloom of doom!

P.S. Still wondering why this is in Aliens and UFOs, I think a black red tide needs to go in Fragile Earth

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk

Originally posted by Bluebelle

Edit: I should have googled first, there is a Barrow in Alaska, don't i feel silly. ah well, still going blob hunting, plenty of blobs in this town on a friday night.

Ah yes Friday night blob hunting. If I lived in the UK i would buy you a drink and then track down some of those doom blobs with you!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join