It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shuttle Endeavour had a FEW Strikes! (Hull Cam Video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
(My bad, forgot the Space Exploration forum--Mod can you move this? or merge it? thanks)

Took a while to find the 'hull cam only' video, but here it is:

Pay CLOSE attention beginning at the 1:55-1:60 times (1:59 a strike is seen on left wing (left from the camera) and it hits right before the wing goes out--the side kinda) This Falling debris seems different--like it wasn't foam, but steel siding or edging. What's the speed/force ratio for simple foam? Puts a hole in the wing last time..

(Click on the video to open the full resolution video)
I hope it wasn't a strike--it could have been debris close to the camera for a split millisecond but IF it's a strike, that was a bad one.

I saw a few bits falling, but no strike.. (strike will look like a split second smoke cloud--like one frame, then gone)

[edit on 7/16/2009 by Pharyax]

[edit on 7/16/2009 by Pharyax]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I caught a frame of what looks like debris... this is a still of the first object.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0333504d7066.jpg[/atsimg]
It's so fast it's hard to see. Seems almost rectangular? Looks orange. I guess at debris from the shuttle somewhere.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Pharyax

Check out 6:25 a big smash of something (ice?) on the underside of the nose looks like?

[edit on 16-7-2009 by no1dea]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
At 1:59, before the wing, you'll see a huge piece of foam hit, and turn to orange dust and is gone a millisecond later!! That bad.. it really nailed the shuttle...

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pharyax
At 1:59, before the wing, you'll see a huge piece of foam hit, and turn to orange dust and is gone a millisecond later!! That bad.. it really nailed the shuttle...

Not so sure on that one. Could that cloud be from a thrust manouver as i see the obiter roll at that point?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by no1dea

Possible, but unlikely imho. The shuttle usually uses engine gimbaling(sp?) to control rolls (and pitch) during launch.

new topics

top topics

join