It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Witches' Bible

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by sinthia
reply to post by Hazelnut

I don't suppose you could tell me which source you hold in higher esteem than the Bible?

I can tell you.

The same source Jesus used, the inner self. You have the truth inside of you, you too can tap into the God source for answers. Your inner self is the only way.

Not an ancient text that has been edited by Kings, misinterpreted by religious leaders and manipulated for control. The bible in its current form is far from its original truth.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Love is, is of course an essential of Christianity and not up for debate. My point is that witchcraft and occultism is not Christian, no matter how you dress it up. That also is not up for debate.

with evil (or un christlike) as your definition of occultism then yes this statement holds true! Otherwise it is false. Power is power, wether it is used by a 'Christ' like person or the anthesis there of.

If you practice the occult, you are not a Christian - the two are incompatible.

again, following my above reply, this is a true statement.

As such, the occult derives it's power from Satan.

Satan is a 'human' creation and has no power of his own, only the power that is allowed/given of satan to use and steal from a person, but only by that persons permission.

Now if you don't believe in Satan or demonic powers thats fine, but you can't have a go at Christians for saying it, because it is clearly taught in the Bible.

But the origin of satan is non existant, there is only an adversary that is doing God's work!

The fact that occultism is an anti-Christian practice should not bother occultists in the slightest as the two are mutually exclusive.

My mother is a Christian witch, she accepts Yeshua as the Christ (that is what the OT is about, the pharasees did not accept Yeshua) So your statement really comes from "MAN".

The highest power is unconditional love (perfect love)
the ultimate justice is cause and effect/reap what you sow.

Peace and Harmony through Unconditional LOVE!

[edit on 19-7-2009 by constantine70]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

I don't suppose you could tell me which source you hold in higher esteem than the Bible?

I can tell you.

The same source Jesus used, the inner self. You have the truth inside of you, you too can tap into the God source for answers. Your inner self is the only way.

Not an ancient text that has been edited by Kings, misinterpreted by religious leaders and manipulated for control. The bible in its current form is far from its original truth.

Exactly!!! and the secret of the Bible (which is hidden from some, as stated in the Bible itself) is Christ within you.

Great post LoneGunMan!!! star star star!

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Doth protest too much and do your own research.

I have not, to the contrary, attacked your beliefs. I simply stated that I don't agree with them as a bible-believing Christian. What i say doesn't matter a wit compared to what Jesus said. If you don't agree so be it.

I can't change your heart, only you can.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by seabisquit]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabisquit

Doth protest too much and do your own research.

I have not, to the contrary, attacked your beliefs. I simply stated that I don't agree with them as a bible-believing Christian. What i say doesn't matter a wit compared to what Jesus said. If you don't agree so be it.

I can't change your heart, only you can.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by seabisquit]

Please do not keep trying to tell us who we worship. None of us who are Wicca or Pagan etc. worship Satan, that would be Satan worshipers, and even they have laws to follow such as no harming children.

Perfect love, does not come from negative energies, perfect love only comes from positive energies.

My heart is just fine thank you, my "soul" is just fine. Something my Mom has always said to me, and she is a mega bible thumping Christian, is that people know when they are "right" with God, and they know when they are not. And guess what, I KNOW I am right with God. I know in many different ways, one of them being a near death experience, the biggest way I know is the peace, love and joy I receive when I meditate towards understanding "God" and my life path choices.

Each and every one of us has to look into our OWN heart, soul, conscience etc. to understand where we are in life, someone else cannot do that.

To others here, I have been trying to work through a book called "The Witch Book, The Encyclopedia of Witchcraft, Wicca, and Neo-paganism" by Raymond Buckland. It is long, and seems to be a hard read for me. Has anyone read this book? If so what was your opinions? Perhaps it is just not time for me to work through this book. Thank you!

I also have many of Scott Cunninghams books, and D.J. Conway. One of my favorites from Conway is Maiden, Mother Crone. I have a bookshelf full of books, so I will not list them obviously LOL. I have not read "the Witches Bible", the topic of this thread. Hope I am not doing any derailing by my above question.

I consider myself Wicca, though with an admittance that I take from many different sources, and use what feels "right" to me. I guess I would be considered a solitary/eclectic Wiccan.

Harm None
Peace

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by seabisquit

I think amazed covered it pretty well in her post, but since you brought up Shakespeare, I would add: "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

I have two bookselves full of books on every religion you can think of, including 3 versions of the Bible. I've done my research. Get back to me when you've done yours.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Although I agree with your Shakespearian quote it doesn't seem relevant here. I am not judging anyone, only God can do that. My views seem to anger many here and I am only debating the issue at hand, not attempting to attack anyone. As far as research goes I have 57 years of it and my education contiues. I am sure this thread does not want to read biblical quotes and you seem to have much knowledge in the way of Wicca,etc. so no need to further expound upon it. If you want to take the time to increase your personal knowledge of the biblical view there are thousands of sites to keep you busy.

This will be my last response to this post and we will have to agree to disagree with no malice toward none. God bless you all.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

If some (including me) seem alittle upset with your posts, it could have some to do with the fact that you foe'd us all, thus showing malice before even engaging in debate. We tend to be a little sensitive to the continuous mentioning of Satan, when that is a Christian concept and has absolutely nothing to do with Wicca. In fact it is the antithesis of Wicca.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Wiccans worship Satan about as much as you worship Kali. Of course you, believing you follow the only "one true religion" *ironicly not the only one to claim that* will feel you can harrump and accuse them for worshipping the infernal power of your religion. But that smacks a great deal of judgement and what did your J.C. have to say about being judgemental? I believe the exact line was: "Judge not and so shall ye not be judged.".

[edit on 20-7-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Part of being a Witch is performing rituals and rites. Consecrating their working tools and ritual substances such as water, wine, and cakes or biscuits.

What a disappointing thread this is turning out to be, it would appear that people that purport to be witches appear to be as equally deluded as Christians.

So, it would seem, that being a witch is nothing more than someone who is serene shaking a stick at some water or biscuits.

No doubt said serene witch, will go down the pub telling everyone of the head witch she's saving up her money to go see, can raise the dead with a horseshoe and pumpkin.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by amazed

I would like to point out. The “Satan Worshipers” you are talking about do not worship anyone, except perhaps themselves. Most “Satanists” do not see “Satan” as a real being, but rather an ideal to aspire too. The ideal being telling Jehovah to stick it up his…. Ummm to go take a hike.

That being said, yes they have standards. Well those whom I have met do.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Blast double post

[edit on 22-7-2009 by Noinden]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman

Part of being a Witch is performing rituals and rites. Consecrating their working tools and ritual substances such as water, wine, and cakes or biscuits.

What a disappointing thread this is turning out to be, it would appear that people that purport to be witches appear to be as equally deluded as Christians.

So, it would seem, that being a witch is nothing more than someone who is serene shaking a stick at some water or biscuits.

No doubt said serene witch, will go down the pub telling everyone of the head witch she's saving up her money to go see, can raise the dead with a horseshoe and pumpkin.

Would you care to eludidate us on what a Witch does and is? Oh and I am not a Witch
SO you can nto upset me. I am a Neopagan however.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Uhm... What?

Sorry, I'm not getting your message. It seems like you are mixing preconceived notions with prejudice. I could be wrong, like I said, I'm not getting your message.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman

If you are interested, why don't you do some research. Nothing you said made any sense, and had zero pertinent information.

Another words, you put your foot in your mouth and showed your ignorance in regards to the subject.

Harm None
Peace

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Must to be great to be in constant worship of your own ideas and yet be able to pretend you are not........ Or should I say borrowed ideas. That is not the point of the thing and you can only satirize it in a silly and misguided attempt to pretend you have any better answer.

[edit on 25-7-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   

My friend, Satan, the Devil, and all of the other authors of evil in the Book of the Christians are made up to scare people, and it works. I was taught that the Ultimate Creator is the most powerful being in the universe. How than could this being create another being with more power than he/she, or a being he/she could not defeat? Logic dictates this is not possible. You go ahead and believe how you wish, this is your right.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   

The Ethics of Witchcraft have been discussed within this thread by members who practice them and by those who are curious. But I would like to clarify, if I can, what that means to me, personally.

"Eight words the Wiccan Rede fulfill: An it harm none, do what you will."

Witches are a joyous bunch with social and ecological responsibility at the forefront of their minds and hearts, enjoying the world and their involvement in it, at all levels.

Wiccan ethics are positive rather than prohibitive with the morality being far more concerned with "blessed is he who" than "thou shalt not". Witches believe in a joyful balance of all human functions.

"Let my worship be in the heart that rejoices, for all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals. And therefore, let there be beauty and strength, power and compassion, honor and humility, mirth and reverence within you."

Note the polarity of these qualities and the balance between them, meditate on them as a model for balanced ethics. Each of the qualities are positive, not restrictive.

Compassion means empathy, not condenscention.

Humility means a realistic appraisal of your own stage of development, not self-abasement.

Reverence means a sense of wonder, not just remembering to take your hat off.

From this living relationship to the cosmic process, witches are dedicated to the concept of the Earth as a living organism. This physical, mental, psychic and spiritutal attitude is the heart and soul of the "Old Religion".

Mother Earth is thought of as precisely that. She produces us, nourishes us, makes it possible for us to live, rewards us when we lovingly understand her, takes revenge when we abuse her, and reabsorbs our bodies when we die. She reminds us that all living creatures are our siblings, different but related offspring of the same womb.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   

reply to post by DaddyBare

What a revelation!!!!

Despite my seemingly ignorant post, I am more than aware of the hi-jacking of pagan rituals by initially the catholic church, then by protestant churches.
Jesus wasn't born on 25th of December either.
As a Bible believing Christian, i'm not really bothered when the manmade church performs it's rituals.

Now we've got that out of the way, my point still stands. Satan is the only power in witchcraft.

I have to be honest, I respect all religions but you are stating one is wrong due to the bible. The bible which you read isn't even whole! You are missing several books in the bible. Don't judge others religions until you actually study them to prove that they are false. You really need to study your own religion and find out that your bible that you are reading is man made. One that shows women in an horrifying light. Women in the bible are either prostitutes or they are baby machines. I don't believe for one moment that women were created by GOD to serve men. So go back to your man made bible and leave the peaceful people to their religions that they believe. If they aren't hurting anyone what does it matter what they believe?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I am going to actually pick up some of the books suggested in this thread. I am always reading up more and more on different religions. I personally have never singled myself to just one religion. I have always believed a vast amount of things so I just stick with what feels right to me.

I have read some books on wicca when I was a teenager. I do believe in several part of the religion. Thanks for this great thread!

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join