It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Witches' Bible

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabisquit
If it doesn't come from God it comes from Satan. The occult , in no manner, comes from God.
Get a clue, my friend. EVERYTHING comes from God. The Good, the Bad & the Ugly. You honestly believe that God is so weak he can't keep "Satan" in check?

Sympathy and Antipathy, Attraction and Repulsion, each a Force of nature, are contraries, in the souls of men and in the Universe of spheres and worlds; and from the action and opposition of each against the other, result Harmony, and that movement which is the Life of the Universe and the Soul alike. They are not antagonists of each other. The force that repels a Planet from the Sun is no more an evil force, than that which attracts the Planet toward the central Luminary; for each is created and exerted by the Deity, and the result is the harmonious movement of the obedient Planets in their elliptic orbits, and the mathematical accuracy and unvarying regularity of their movements.
Albert Pike, Morals & Dogma

[edit on 7/17/2009 by JoshNorton]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Thank you for this thread. I wish there were more like them.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I'm a Christian, more or less.
First got interested in other religions a while ago when my CCD teacher gave me a book on Ancient Egypt. From there started looking at other religions, I figured if God, a being farther beyond us than we can easily understand, had any sort of intelligence, the path to heaven or your preference wouldn't be a single trail.
My parents, despite my dad being Methodist, and my mother being Catholic, both believe in the threefold return.

It's been my opinion that all people have their path they walk, as long as you help others walk their path, I've no qualms with you.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Great post. I dont really know much about Wicca or witchcraft but you make some good points. Freedom of religion means the freedom to practice ALL types of religions.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch

Originally posted by moocowman
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

So, you're a witch ?

What exactly can you do then ?

or do you just claim to be a witch because you read a book about the subject?

What can I do? Well, I live a peaceful, serene life, that's basically what I "do".
If you mean spells, well this isnt Hogwarts, and we dont fly on brooms.

Spells are not like Hollywood, I suppose you've seen The Craft
Its gathering energy and releasing energies, just like prayers that christians do.
The earth and everything on it gives off energies. It's just learning to use those energies and giving back, as well.
No, I cant make a flying carpet or make dishes do themselves, although if someone knows that spell, Id be very grateful!!!

I claim to be a witch because it is who I am and how I live

Hm, so you have a serene life , I'm confused which is not uncommon for me when it comes to peoples beliefs etc.

You are a witch that does not do magic witchery stuff, the benefit of being a witch for you is that it makes you serene.

I'm quite a serene person but I'm not a witch (at least I don't claim to be one) perhaps I should call my self a witch because of my serenity no?

Any other benefits of becoming a witch you think I should know about ?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Part of being a Witch is performing rituals and rites. Consecrating their working tools and ritual substances such as water, wine, and cakes or biscuits. Most religions do the same in one form or another; but in Wicca, there are important differences. The right to consecrate is not confined to the priesthood as a separate class, because every witch is a priest or priestess. The power to consecrate is regarded as inherent in every human being, effective if sincerely carried out.

Consecration has two basic purposes. One is psychological; to set the tool or substance aside as something special and thus to modify the user's attitude towards it - which in turns strengthens his or her confidence, creative imagination and willpower for any ritual for which it is used.

The second purpose is magical, psychic, or astral. Witches believe that every material object possesses "bodies" on other dimensional levels, and that just as a material object can be altered, decorated, carved, moistened, dried, cooked, frozen, given a static charge -- all without robbing it of its identity, sometimes even enhancing it -- so also can its astral "body" be altered. Deliberate action of this kind include consecration, exorcism, making talismans and even the conscious love or resentment with which a gift is presented. All of these affect the invisible but very powerful astral or spiritual charge carried by a material object.

Even though the two purposes may be difficult to separate the effects -- psychological and astral -- they overlap a great deal -- so some may believe that there is only a psychological effect in play. However, a surge of confidence coming from a Catholic grasping a rosary, a Jew touching a mezuzah, or a pilgrim to Mecca circuiting and kissing the Ka'ba, or if an Irish farmer has bad luck when he finds a piseog on his land -- who is to say how far the effect of psychological, and how much of it is due to the non-material charge which has been put into, or accumulated by the astral object?

Most witches would admit when they started out, they could only be sure of the psychological effectiveness of consecration, but that experience convinced them of the reality of the psychic-charge effect, which of course grows stronger as the consecrated object continues in ritual use.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Merry Meet to you too, LoneGunMan. I too have had my times of heartache over being a male Wiccan, and have been fired from jobs too in my life. I learned the Craft at an early age, from my Great Grandmother, who was a Gypsy. I myself use the Craft to help me as I walk the Path I must walk, to help me to see the pitfalls ahead of me and try to see a way around them. I sometimes use it to compress time, or to stretch time, as the occasion arises, and to heal the sick, and to keep bad things from happening to people. I never use what I know to help my own self, even a little bit, for I am aware of the Law of Karma and how it works. I am very aware of the Duality of the Divine, as it descends into Nature and to us, and how everything is connected, everything. I wouldn't call it a religion either, for it isn't. It is a way of living and of knowledge, not a cult or a faith. We do not have "Beliefs," (which can never be changed) we have "Ideas." (which can easily be changed) The closest thing I have come across that could be called a "bible" for Witches is ARADIA or the Gospel of the Witches
by Charles G. Leland [1899]
www.sacred-texts.com...

Some of the Magickal authors in history. Remember, Magick was the science of the day before modern medicine and surgery.

Johannes Trithemius (1462-1516)
Master cryptographer and magician, Trithemius was the mentor of Henrich Cornelius Agrippa. Here he presents a concise history of the world, and how it has been shaped by angelic agents. (English translation)

Steganographia (Secret Writing) Book 1 Book 2 Book 3
www.esotericarchives.com...
This is Trithemius' most notorious work. On the surface it is a system of angel magic, but within is a highly sophisticated system of cryptography. It claims to contain a synthesis of the science of knowledge, the art of memory, magic, an accelerated language learning system, and a method of sending messages without symbols or messenger. In private circulation, the Steganographia brought such a reaction of fear that he decided it should never be published. He reportedly destroyed the more extreme portions (presumably instructions for prophecy/divination) but it continued to circulate in manuscript form and was eventually published posthumously in 1606. (Latin)

John Dee (1527-1608)
John Dee was an influential Renaissance figure. He was Queen Elizabeth's scientific advisor. In later life, he became disillusioned with pure science and started experimenting with occult techniques of the day.

Selected writings:
* Five Books of Mystery (Mysteriorum Libri Quinque)
These records of Dee's startling results with angel magic were kept secret and only discovered by accident long after his death.

Complete text in my new book John Dee's Five Books of Mystery: Original Sourcebook of Enochian Magic Publisher: Red Wheel/Weiser; ISBN: 1578631785; (January 2003)

* Earliest versions of Angelic or "Enochian" script.

* Mysteriorum Liber Sextus et Sanctus (Liber Loagaeth)

Revealed to Dr. Dee by the angels, this book is described as 'a Book of Secrets and Key of this World'. Also known as Liber Logaeth, and as The Book of Enoch

* Index Verborum of the "Angelic Language" from Liber Loagaeth

* Compendium Heptarchiae Mysticae

An early version of Dee's primary magical text, but with valuable materials not found elsewhere.

* De Heptarchia Mystica

Dee's own summary, in Grimoire form, of his techniques for communicating with angels, and practical benefits therefrom.

* Tuba Veneris ('The Trumpet of Venus')

This little magical text written by John Dee predates his magical workings documented in the Mysteriorum Libri. It may be an example of the Ars Steganographiae of Abbott Trithemius. (Latin)

The Sacred Magic of Abramelin the Mage
This interesting grimoire was published by S.L. Mathers in 1898, and a second edition was published in 1900 by J.M. Watkins, London. Aleister Crowley also considered it of great importance and underwent the operation described.

Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa: Of Occult Philosophy

LEMEGETON
CLAVICULA SALOMONIS
or
THE LESSER KEY OF SOLOMON
Detailing the ceremonial art of commanding spirits both good and evil
www.esotericarchives.com...[/url;]

THE SWORD OF MOSES
AN ANCIENT BOOK OF MAGIC.
[url]http://www.esotericarchives.com/solomon/sword.htm

The Sixth and Seventh Books of Moses

LE GRAND GRIMOIRE (The Grand Grimoire)

Qabbalah - Kabbalah
Kabbalah is an interpretation (exegesis, hermeneutic) key, "soul" of the Torah (Hebrew Bible), or the religious mystical system of Judaism claiming an insight into divine nature.

The term "Kabbalah" was originally used in Talmudic texts, among the Geonim, and by early Rishonim as a reference to the full body of publicly available Jewish teaching. In this sense Kabbalah was used in referring to all of known Oral Law. Over time it became a reference to doctrines of esoteric knowledge concerning God, God's creation of the universe and the laws of nature, and the path by which adult religious Jews can learn these secrets.

Kabbalah, according to the more recent use of the word, stresses the esoteric reasons and understanding of the commandments in the Torah, and the occult cause of events described in the Torah. Kabbalah includes the understanding of the spiritual spheres of creation, and the ways by which God administers the existence of the universe.
www.crystalinks.com...

The Emerald Tablets of Thoth
crystalinks.com...

The KYBALION
www.gnostic.org...

Having studied into the occult for a great many years, I see it as a path in the Middle, so to speak. One learns to walk between the worlds, using the powers of Good and the powers of Evil equally, but never diving into either. One defines the other, and balance must be found in all things. Angels/Demons can and will help you, if called and properly ordered, and they can be your friends too. The Elementals will help you too, if you let them. All is not as it seems, never forget that. Do you ever wonder why Christians are strictly warned about reading into the occult? Perhaps the church leaders are afraid they may find out the truth? Remember, church leaders and heroes of the Holy Bible wrote some of these texts...
Thanks for listening.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moonflower76
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the original Rede : "Eight words the Wiccan Rede fullfill, An' it harm none do what ye will" ? Wasn't the longer version added quite some time later? Does anyone know where it came from?

~Blessings

The “long” form of the rede is attributed to “lady” Gwen Thomson. It dates to some time between 1964 and 1974. She claimed it was taught to her by her grandmother, but there is no proof. Given the grandmother died before Gardner published his version of the rede, and that is VERY specific to Gardner’s works.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I would give you a flag for this if I could. If I were a moderator, I would applaud you. All I could do is give you a star, which is good too.

I wish I could tell you how happy I am that you posted this information. Last year I started learning the basics, which is alot. This year, I've been observing and comparing what I read to actual life.

The links you gave are going on my favorites list. Intuitively, that info is the next step on my path.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench I learned the Craft at an early age, from my Great Grandmother, who was a Gypsy.

For some reason I meet a lot of people who claim that their family taught them "the old ways". I think most people are usually hoping that they had family to do that. I mean, it would be pretty cool for sure.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor

Originally posted by autowrench I learned the Craft at an early age, from my Great Grandmother, who was a Gypsy.

For some reason I meet a lot of people who claim that their family taught them "the old ways". I think most people are usually hoping that they had family to do that. I mean, it would be pretty cool for sure.

It is in vogue. Or was in the 1980's and 1990's when I was learning what else was out there. I see it a lot. I also get the "my family has always done this" and "We are real Druids you know". That last one annoys me, as most of them go to Stonehenge for Soltice, where white robes, and carry "golden" sickles. A sure sign of not getting what a "real druid" was, and how one can not be a "real one" now.

Wiccans are the most common path, so you hear more of this from them, but that is just a numbers game. It's throughout Neopaganism saldy. One day we will grow up and get that we don't have to make this up to be happy.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

You are quite welcome, my friend. The Information is always there for the asking.
Here are a few more for you....

Online Catalog
www.poto.com...

Earth's Ancient History
The Tablet Of Adapa
www.earth-history.com...

The Internet Sacred Text Archive
www.sacred-texts.com...

Sacred Geometry
www.sacred-geometry.com...

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor

Well, when I say "taught," I do not mean it in a school sort of way, what I mean is I was exposed to magick on several occasions as a small child, and witnessed a healing ritual that cured a child of Scarlet Fever. I saw small garden rituals that made our vegetables grow to great size and insect free, and the use of herbs instead of medicine. The curiosity that led me to study the occult came from that, as "occult" means only "hidden." It doesn't mean evil or dark. BTW, my Mother was a devout Christian, of the holy roller variety, and tried her best to make me into a minister. It was her Father, and his Mother who taught me the beginning thoughts that are above normal thinking, things of the Spirit World, and the Elementals of the Nature, the Herbs and Crystals, and Astrology. The rest I myself filled in by reading a great many books, and by practice of certain of the Arts. The Craft is not a thing to be dabbled with, or played with, it is a way of life, and it takes many years of study to master, just like law. Remember always, those who seek to control us, the NWO/Illuminati types, they know the magicks, and they use them against our freedoms. I say that we in the know use what we know against then, tit for tat.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I want to thank you for the links, particularly the Tablet of Adapa. I always love it when I happen upon some of the material that Robert Morning Sky researched regarding "Enki/Prince Ea". Quite an interesting and mysterious character.

I'm still not sure what to make of it all personally. Every bit I learn confuses me more, but I'm fascinated by that which I cannot quite understand.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sinthia

I do feel that it is extremely dangerous to assume that YOU can harness and control unseen forces. More importantly, I do know where these forces originate. If you reject the explanation that the forces originate from Satan, and prefer to attribute them to nature, crystals, vibrations, ether, essence, aura's, psychic vibrations or what ever else you decide upon, then that is up to you - but how can you prove their source? You can see the effect, but do you know the real cause?

Yes, I do know the source, the source is my heart behind what I do. And that is loving and peaceful!

I know that for me, I am on the right path, just as I know for you, you are on the right path.

And no, for me and in my rituals/workings, I do not try to control or harness "unseen forces", I invite positive forces to be with me, I invite them to be with me and assist me if that is their will.

Never is hate, or "evil" invited, or wanted or welcome, and for me such forces are "walled" out.

What I KNOW is true for me, is that what truly matters, is my heart and mind behind my actions, words and thinking.

After all is said and done, I believe, that the name of the religion, or the name of your god/gods/goddess/goddesses, do not matter, that what matters is where you heart is.

Is your heart good? Or is your heart evil? That will be what matters in the end my friend.

Peace on your journey, and may you find what you are looking for.

OP, thank you for this thread.
Harm None
Peace

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by amazed

Is your heart good? Or is your heart evil? That will be what matters in the end my friend.

Nobody's "heart" is good or evil. It is neutral and has the propensity to affect someone is a certain way (though in the end nobody really changes anything). Good and evil are arbitrary definitions that humans come up with to label things.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Merry Meet to you too, LoneGunMan.

Merry met my friend. You have presented a great wealth of some very prime links. I edited because I forgot to thank you for those links.

Its quite surprising to see so many people that will judge someone on there beliefs. I knew it would be tough when I took my crooked path, but it can be an eye opening experience about Christianity. It seems everyone but them are understanding of my path.

You dont hail from Michigan do you?

[edit on 18-7-2009 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

God gave Satan free reign over Earth until He comes again. You have the choice of two roads; free will. If you choose Satan you chose the wrong road.

God is ultimately in control and uses Satan for his own means.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by seabisquit

Hard to chose a fictional being that you don't believe in. Satan is about as real as the Easter Bunny. Make you a deal. You don't try to derail a thread without a clue or a minutes research into the subject matter, and we'll do the same. You are belittling and besmirching a spiritual belief system and it's followers without the slightest knowledge of it. At best, it's disrespectful.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by sinthia
reply to post by Hazelnut

I'm sorry to hear that you've been so easily convinced. I don't suppose you could tell me which source you hold in higher esteem than the Bible?

You see, you have made the fatal mistake of taking the Bible and holding higher than our creator! ever hear of Bibliolitry? All things are necessary or they would not be here, yes even Christianity.
And to think that it was only after the 1st centry that the devil became the enemy of God instead of doing God's work
(check out the origin of wence your belief (Christianity) stems)
Peace and Harmony through Unconditional LOVE!

[edit on 19-7-2009 by constantine70]

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join