It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Witches' Bible

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

I made a charm of protection from poverty using rice, salt and sugar. The concentration of energy while creating my charm is what gives it power to achieve my purpose. As long as I believe it will work, it will. So far, so good.

I made one circle and meditated in it. I am glad I did.

The most important thing for me is that I respect the fact that I should not call up what I may not be able to put down. So, I'm still learning and experimenting with simple, healing "recipies".

I practice Tai Chi so for me the reality of energy is not in question.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

Yes. That makes complete sense and don't do anything that is the size of a mountain. While I do not believe in it per say, I do have a great deal of respect for it
As long as you hold that respect and your belief, you will be fine. Use the basics, thats what most witches of today do, no need to use a charm the size of a mountain. Use a charm the size of sand and you'll be good. Protection one's are the best, or so I am told.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Noinden

I myself beleive that there is a debt for every action. You do something nice, someone owes a debt, you do something not nice... you owe a debt. It needs to be paid. Be it this life or the nect.

Wow, I hadn't thought of it that way... I just may have to re-think being nice to people if it puts them in debt, philosophically speaking. At least if I am mean, it's my debt. If I'm nice to someone and they happen to be depressed or just a jerk and they never make up for it... man, that kinda makes me feel bad.

Perhaps I've been self-centered thinking that being nice to others couldn't possibly have a negative effect on them...

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

So, you're a witch ?

What exactly can you do then ?

or do you just claim to be a witch because you read a book about the subject?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I'm a High Priestess. We discuss Wicca and Paganism in BTS all the time. Nothing forbidden about these practices at all.

I prefer Gardener's work to Ravenwolf's, by far. Also also Lipp and Bonewits but that's just because I know them personally.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman

So, you're a witch ?

What exactly can you do then ?

or do you just claim to be a witch because you read a book about the subject?

What can I do? Well, I live a peaceful, serene life, that's basically what I "do".
If you mean spells, well this isnt Hogwarts, and we dont fly on brooms.

Spells are not like Hollywood, I suppose you've seen The Craft
Its gathering energy and releasing energies, just like prayers that christians do.
The earth and everything on it gives off energies. It's just learning to use those energies and giving back, as well.
No, I cant make a flying carpet or make dishes do themselves, although if someone knows that spell, Id be very grateful!!!

I claim to be a witch because it is who I am and how I live

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
[more
This is the Full Wiccan Rede.
Bide within the Law you must, in perfect Love and perfect Trust.
Live you must and let to live, fairly take and fairly give.

For tread the Circle thrice about to keep unwelcome spirits out.
To bind the spell well every time, let the spell be said in rhyme.

Light of eye and soft of touch, speak you little, listen much.
Honor the Old Ones in deed and name,
let love and light be our guides again.

Deosil go by the waxing moon, chanting out the joyful tune.
Widdershins go when the moon doth wane,
and the werewolf howls by the dread wolfsbane.

When the Lady's moon is new, kiss the hand to Her times two.
When the moon rides at Her peak then your heart's desire seek.

Heed the North winds mighty gale, lock the door and trim the sail.
When the Wind blows from the East, expect the new and set the feast.

When the wind comes from the South, love will kiss you on the mouth.
When the wind whispers from the West, all hearts will find peace and rest.

Nine woods in the Cauldron go, burn them fast and burn them slow.
Birch in the fire goes to represent what the Lady knows.

Oak in the forest towers with might, in the fire it brings the God's
insight. Rowan is a tree of power causing life and magick to flower.

Willows at the waterside stand ready to help us to the Summerland.
Hawthorn is burned to purify and to draw faerie to your eye.

Hazel-the tree of wisdom and learning adds its strength to the bright fire burning.
White are the flowers of Apple tree that brings us fruits of fertility.

Grapes grow upon the vine giving us both joy and wine.
Fir does mark the evergreen to represent immortality seen.

Elder is the Lady's tree burn it not or cursed you'll be.
Four times the Major Sabbats mark in the light and in the dark.

As the old year starts to wane the new begins, it's now Samhain.
When the time for Imbolc shows watch for flowers through the snows.

When the wheel begins to turn soon the Beltane fires will burn.
As the wheel turns to Lamas night power is brought to magick rite.

Four times the Minor Sabbats fall use the Sun to mark them all.
When the wheel has turned to Yule light the log the Horned One rules.

In the spring, when night equals day time for Ostara to come our way.
When the Sun has reached it's height time for Oak and Holly to fight.

Harvesting comes to one and all when the Autumn Equinox does fall.
Heed the flower, bush, and tree by the Lady blessed you'll be.

Where the rippling waters go cast a stone, the truth you'll know.
When you have and hold a need, harken not to others greed.

With a fool no season spend or be counted as his friend.
Merry Meet and Merry Part bright the cheeks and warm the heart.

Mind the Three-fold Laws you should three times bad and three times good.
When misfortune is enow wear the star upon your brow.

Be true in love this you must do unless your love is false to you.

These Eight words the Rede fulfill:

"An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will"

This pretty much says it all!

Blessed Be

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by redbarron626

Lovely, isnt it

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

That is lovely

always found this subject fascinating.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

That is the first time I've been priviledged to read the entire Rede. Thank you very much for taking the time to post it. It contains everything in poetic verse making it easier to memorize.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Charge of the Goddess

Hear ye the words of the Star Goddess;
she in the dust of whose feet are the hosts
of heaven, and whose body encircles the universe

I who am the beauty of the green earth,
the white moon among the stars, and the mystery
of the waters call unto thy soul;
Arise, and come unto me.

I am the soul of nature who gives life to the universe.
From Me all things proceed, and unto Me all things must return.
Before My face, beloved of gods and of men, let thine
innermost divine self be enfolded in the rapture of the infinite.

Let My worship be within the heart that rejoices,
for behold, all acts of love and pleasure are My rituals.
Therefore let there be beauty and strength, power and compassion,
honor and humility, mirth and reverence within you.

To thou who thinkest to seek Me, know that thy seeking and
yearning shall avail thee not unless thou knowest the Mystery.
If that which thou seekest thou findest not within thee,
thou wilt never find it without.

For behold, I have been with thee from the beginning; and
I am that which is attained at the end of desire."

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch
reply to post by Noinden

Mostly because the OP started with the "Witches Bible", which to me suggested Gardner.

You are right on these reads, is why I mentioned Druids a few posts back

I still recommend Cunningham for those who are interested in Wicca.

Scott Cunningham is a great read for gaining insight into Witchcraft...but not so much for Wicca. He was never Initiated into a Wiccan coven.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the original Rede : "Eight words the Wiccan Rede fullfill, An' it harm none do what ye will" ? Wasn't the longer version added quite some time later? Does anyone know where it came from?

~Blessings

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Very good post!!!! Star and Flag!

Thank you.

As a christian I was always intrigued by the shunned things, like the Witches Bible and other religious works.

I saw a documentary a few years back explaining a bit about Witch Craft and the violence against them. Rather eye opening! It angers me that I have been lied to not only in religion but secular as well.

Thank you again for posting that.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moonflower76
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the original Rede : "Eight words the Wiccan Rede fullfill, An' it harm none do what ye will" ? Wasn't the longer version added quite some time later? Does anyone know where it came from?

~Blessings

I think it was originated by Gardner. He got it from Crowley and changed it.

Crowley said: "Do what thou wilt is the whole of the law" and Gardner added the "an it harm none part"

Not 100% positive but I think that was it.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
OK, so I only got through the first two pages of this thread (promise to read it all later) and I couldn't wait to jump in!

I'm a solitary practioner following the 'Nocturnal Tradition' of sorts. I've always been a night owl, so when I read Nocturnal Witchcraft and it's companion, The Gothic Grimore by Konstantinos, I was hooked. It was the first Wiccan book(s) that I really conected with.

I'm not much on 'props' (alter trappings), as I find that they actually distract me instead of helping me focus. A few candles and a skrying mirror are all I need for just about anything.

My primary interests concerning the Craft are sex majick and after life communication.

You're observations on the continuing slander of some denominations towards the Craft are spot on. It makes sense that those within the organization of organized religion would fear a belief system that requires no such organization. If everyone lived by the Threefold Law, and 'harm none', the world would be a much better place!

Harm None~

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
i just found this thread and i have read up to page 3 on the replies but its late and even though im dying to finish reading i have to go to bed, work tommorow...so i will post my thoughts on this.

When i was 12 my parents started going to church and of course making me go, i didnt want to go i was young to me it was a waste of time and my bible from then is filled with notes and 'sarah loves jason' of course that name was scratched out and more names showed up lol. As i got older i despised the weekend and would fight with my parents yet they still made me go...forcing me to go to church was not right or fair. My parents were in a gospel singing group for some time, i sang with them some and traveled to different churches. Even while singing i had a constant horrid feeling that i didnt need to be there and i just wanted to run, i got saved at church camp but i never applied myself though i have read the bible

with that said

when i was 21 i was married and had 3 children and my husband wanted to move to texas, we were living in arkansas with my parents at the time. well we moved in may of 2000 and thats when i discovered the internet and computers, the first thing i looked up was witchcraft..i got informed and ended up running one of the largest pagan/witchcraft/wiccan clubs on yahoo with well over 300 members. I had everything i needed and felt better about who i was and my life.

One of my experiences is being confronted was when my husband took me to six flags for the first time..little did either of us know it was christian weekend, so there i am in shorts a bikini top, pentacles in my ears and around my neck and i have hundreds stareing me down ....it was very uneasy. The first line we got in, and if you have ever been there the lines arent strait but wrap around and are close so theres people on alll sides.

Im standing there holding hands with my husband, smiling minding my own business, theres people with shirts and hats and such with jesus saves and all that, no ones really saying anything around us but i can feel the stares...then this woman in her 50's suddenly starts yelling, yes yelling almost screaming, "You are gonna burn in hell witch Jesus is the only way and you worship satan" i was stunned and speechless for a moment, i look around and all eyes are on me, not her, so i just look back at her and say, "thank you" she huffs and stares at me till shes finally on the ride...my husband is just as stunned as me and doesnt know what to say..

Well i was crying, it was embarrassing after i calmed down we got in another line and same thing, people everywhere, this boy, about 14 years old, turns to me and leans in so i lean in as well and he says very quietly "your a pagan? how long have you been practicing, i've been one for 6 years now, my parents teach me" I just smiled, this child was so polite and so sweet we talked for the next hour in line exchanging our views and such...

It is sad that christianity is supposed to be so great and is the only way yet in any thread that involves pagan or witchcraft, they are the first ones to throw stones and yell at you, yet those that follow the religion are kind and nice and helpful and dont throw the stones back...(not that i've seen so far anyways lol) It was a life lesson i learned that day about the difference in christians and pagans...i will never forget it....it still amazes me that it happened to this day...

I know i talk alot but i love to talk and i will post more information and comments when i get home from work tommorow....for now...

Blessed Be!!!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Wow- never realized there were so many witches on this site.

This may put me on some foe lists but I feel the need to at least warn you that you are delving into very dangerous territory. I was once involved with the occult so have seen both sides.

If it doesn't come from God it comes from Satan. The occult , in no manner, comes from God. I pray for your souls that you come to realise what you are involved in before it is too late.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by seabisquit

You obviously have no idea what it is that you are talking about! I'm assuming that you Foe'd everyone else on this thread? (Actually, I know you did! Peeked at your profile!) What exactly was your experience with the 'occult'? I'd absolutely love to hear it!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

Quite a revealing statement.
People forgot the old ways, they are still passed down.
People forgot the auld neighbors, the good folk, and declared all Faykine to be just "old wive's tales".
A quickening is in the stirring of the pot.
Some return to old ways truly, and some seek knowings but have no familial lineage to those who were before the time of Adam.
Interesting innovations have been developed to fill the void.
From the callers of the Loa in VooDoo worship, to monks who never cease prayerful incantations in thier monestaries, to the Afro-Carib SantaRia practitioners, very little seems to come from it all, including Christiosity and Satanism.
First person knowledge is available.
Head to Peru.
Visit the shamans.
Trust those you'r spirit says to trust.
Take the Electric Kool-aid Ayahuasca Test.
Understand what Carlos Castenada was trying to say.

A young man inquired of an old monk one day,
"Have you sought enlightenment?".
"No", replied the old monk, "my master knew where to find it".
"What" asked the young man, did you do before enlightenment?"
"I drew water and carried wood" answered the old monk.
"And what did you do after enlightenment?" inquired the young man.
"I drew water and carried wood" answered the old monk.

Sometimes mystic revelation events only change the way you are in the spirit world.

But sometimes you are brought into a kept circle.
Magical Kingdoms still thrive.
Never stop seeking, but never in an obvious place.
Dip in the Ganges three times before you leave you'r flesh, that you will not stink to the boatman.

Nothin cryptic about that.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by Luminaught]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join