It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Witches' Bible

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch
reply to post by Noinden

Which is why there are so many soloists!

I was a member of a "coven" for awhile, but I have to say, there were too many personal things being brought into it, and decided to go it alone many years ago

And why do you think the Beatles adored Uncle AL? lol

That is GREAT Uncle Al
The Uncles in WIccawould be Uncle Gerry (Gardner), Uncle Alex (Sanders) , there is also Aunt Doreen (Valentine) who is more important to the progress than Gardner in many ways, and Cousin Ross (Nichols).

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMythLives
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

Yes nice being away from politics and balloons..lol.. I really haven't seen a thread in a while about Witches/Wiccas/Wizards and the others. Pretty cool thread though, it seems to be civil thus far. I haven't read any books on this subject in a while, so now I will have to go and get these books listed through the thread and read up on them..lol.. or get my girlfriend to read them too me..

[edit on Jul 16th 2009 by TheMythLives]

I would avoid some of the books listed to be honest. MOST are populist crap (sorry guys but it's true, at least no one has suggested Douglas Monore for "Druids").

Start with Drawing down the moon and Triumph of the moon for History. For a wide look at what folks do I suggest a book that is called "Being Pagan" but was also called "People of the Earth Speak out". I also recommend the CR FAQ (www.paganachd.com...)

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Noinden

Ahh, now you're a cheeky one
Pardon, GREAT UNCLE AL

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch
reply to post by Noinden

Ahh, now you're a cheeky one
Pardon, GREAT UNCLE AL

You do not know the half of it
when my avatar is aproved you will see how much

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Noinden

Mostly because the OP started with the "Witches Bible", which to me suggested Gardner.

You are right on these reads, is why I mentioned Druids a few posts back

I still recommend Cunningham for those who are interested in Wicca.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Noinden

Well, looking forward to seeing your avatar!!!!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Speaking of the Beatles adoring Uncle Al, here is something from a site that is a whole different outlook..

The Beatles were satanists that had made a pact with the devil, and the bill had to be paid to the coven. Every band that has made a pact with satan has had a member die. Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Beatles, etc. In an interview with Barbara Walters, Lennon assassin Mark David Chapman clearly demonstrated that he was a satanist. In other words he was an errand boy collecting the payment for satan’s bill. He would then go on to shoot Beatle John Lennon to death.

The Beatles' album was dedicated to satanist Aleister Crowley. It was released 20 years, nearly to the day, after Crowley's death in 1947. The title song with the lyrics, "It was twenty years ago today..."

EVIL BEATLES

These are NOT my views, btw, I had a giggle at this site, actually

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

Well thank you. Well, witches and wicca's and the likes all focus on something very similar and (and no its not the occult), they focus on a collective knowledge of what they believe to be understandings of the physical and spiritual realm. For instance some believe that certain words and chants can lead to spiritual enlightenment and spiritual warfare with unwanted beings (entities). Some others focus on wierd languages, what they are I have no idea, but apparently they are old (the homeland language). Some witches/wiccans work alone while other work together in what you would call a 'coven'? I think.

Some believe of collective consciousness that exists that they tap into when performing their rituals/rites. Some practice what can be called exorcisms and spiritual washing, what is better known as spirtiual cleansing or spiritual healing. Some still use the old works of witches, like charms and other things of that sort.

Some still practice curses. While I have not seen one work, I have heard rumors and accounts of them potentially working, but thats all hearsay. Some still worship or give offerings to a god or a celestial being or body. Like some witches, I believe they are called Feru or feri or frei? Something like that they still exist and worship stars and other plants and the moon. You have others that perform sexual rites and other things pertaining to sexual desires and mysticism. Neopagans focus on medicine or natural healing, using plants and other things of that nature.

Basically, it depends on what sect or coven you are refering to. But for the most part they all have commonalities ranging from rites and rituals to leaders and squibs.

Wow, thats been stored in here for a while..lol.. and I have a lot more but I think thats enough for now. Any questions..

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I dated a witch... or a wiccan as you wanna call it, and damn it was fun!

Too bad I never go another tho...

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Well thank you. Well, witches and wicca's and the likes all focus on something very similar and (and no its not the occult), they focus on a collective knowledge of what they believe to be understandings of the physical and spiritual realm. For instance some believe that certain words and chants can lead to spiritual enlightenment and spiritual warfare with unwanted beings (entities). Some others focus on wierd languages, what they are I have no idea, but apparently they are old (the homeland language). Some witches/wiccans work alone while other work together in what you would call a 'coven'? I think.

Some believe of collective consciousness that exists that they tap into when performing their rituals/rites. Some practice what can be called exorcisms and spiritual washing, what is better known as spirtiual cleansing or spiritual healing. Some still use the old works of witches, like charms and other things of that sort.

Some still practice curses. While I have not seen one work, I have heard rumors and accounts of them potentially working, but thats all hearsay. Some still worship or give offerings to a god or a celestial being or body. Like some witches, I believe they are called Feru or feri or frei? Something like that they still exist and worship stars and other plants and the moon. You have others that perform sexual rites and other things pertaining to sexual desires and mysticism. Neopagans focus on medicine or natural healing, using plants and other things of that nature.

Basically, it depends on what sect or coven you are refering to. But for the most part they all have commonalities ranging from rites and rituals to leaders and squibs.

Wow, thats been stored in here for a while..lol.. and I have a lot more but I think thats enough for now. Any questions..

Actually the various Neopagan faiths are not as similar as some would have

Wiccans (not Wicca’s) “Witches”, Ecllectic Neopagans are similar. But Asatruar and other heathens (Germanic focused Pagans), many Neopagan Druids, and Celtic Reconstructionists are more Tribal in focus.

Then you have Discoridans, Chaos Magicians etc.

Don’t assume you know what all Neopagans do

Here are some examples.

Most Neopagans are soft Polytheistic. That means they believe that the various “Gods” are faces of one or two cosmic beings. I however am a hard polythiest. I believe all gods are unique, separate, and real. However None are supreme (looking at you Jehovah!)

As for the stories of Feri/Frei/Feru. It’s a nice story. But no.

Ok so here is another one. We had someone mention the “four/five classical” elements (Earth air water fire and spirit). That is not universal. Celtic Recons (CR for short), Heathens, and many other groups do not believe that, we do not all cast circles, as I have already said we also do not follow the rede. The rede is a fairly new invention, as is the call of the Goddess. It does not invalidate it for those who follow it, but they are not ancient!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

LOL That's alot for a guy "shooting from the hip".

There are so very many aspects to consider and just as much controversy among believers as there are stars in the sky. I like it that there is no structure or hierarchy unless you want it.

I'm a loner, green, earth, nature, Gaia follower. Its just that simple. However, if I ever feel the need to expand the options are about limitless.

As I suspected, your insight was informative and a pleasure to read.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Wiccan say do no harm what a lie thats all they do if they see you as a threat. They talk # slander defame lie. They are the problem with the earth listen to them and they will start talking about everything they hate . they just pump all of that hate into the earth. They fear David Michael who will bring back the burning times.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

lol, well, I haven't talked about witches or wicca(ns) in a long time. But many witches now a days are loners. Very few have covens anymore, most only have friend witches. Like the Feru, Feri, or the Feir whatever they are, they worship together a celestial being. I think its the moon or maybe the stars. I know for sure their is a star goddess that they worship. But they only do it once every month I think. I am probably wrong with the worship days.

They are interesting, though. I have met a few NeoPagans, years ago that were hardcore on Divination..lol.. A little to hardcore. But they were cool folks. They seem to have common factors for each coven or whatever they are.

Are you a wicca(n)? Just curious.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnTimothy
Wiccan say do no harm what a lie thats all they do if they see you as a threat. They talk # slander defame lie. They are the problem with the earth listen to them and they will start talking about everything they hate . they just pump all of that hate into the earth. They fear David Michael who will bring back the burning times.

Got proof?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnTimothy

It sounds like your speaking from personal experience. Too bad you got hooked up with a crowd like that.

I try very hard to spread love to the Earth. Take a look at my thread about Garden Humor. The most recent pics show what a lot of love does for plants. By the way, this is my second attempt at organic gardening. I learned by following my intuition.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

While some do what you stated above, by wicca code/law they are not supposed to. They are prohibited from: spoken curses to harm or murder others. Using poison to harm or murder others. Wiccans are prohibited from engaging in either of these activities. Wiccans are prohibited by the Wiccan Rede from dominating, manipulating, controlling, or doing harm to others. But in like all organizations their are bad people.. plain and simple.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

While some do what you stated above, by wicca code/law they are not supposed to. They are prohibited from: spoken curses to harm or murder others. Using poison to harm or murder others. Wiccans are prohibited from engaging in either of these activities. Wiccans are prohibited by the Wiccan Rede from dominating, manipulating, controlling, or doing harm to others. But in like all organizations their are bad people.. plain and simple.

Ok I am going to have to disagree on something here.

THis so called law. The rede, is from an old Anglo-Saxon term which means "Guideline" NOT law, rile, code. They thing (no proof) that the result of breaking the rede is the three fold law (aka Karmic inflation) beating on them

I myself beleive that there is a debt for every action. You do something nice, someone owes a debt, you do something not nice... you owe a debt. It needs to be paid. Be it this life or the nect.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

No I'm not and not sure yet whether I want to be. I'm a learner basically. Witchcraft interests me and the origins of it may or may not be traceable or historically accurate. I feel like the Earth is my mother and her creatures are my brothers and sisters. It sounds hokey but that IS how I feel about it.

I get into subjects of interest and either stick with them or drop them altogether if they miss the mark so to speak. Lately, I've also been into making crochet rugs out of recycled plastic bags.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

That is cool and it makes sense
Just do what you like and if you do not like it, then don't do it..lol.. makes all the sense in the world. So do you practice? By this I mean charms or anything else? Also I want a picture of those rugs.

[edit on Jul 16th 2009 by TheMythLives]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
I dated a witch... or a wiccan as you wanna call it, and damn it was fun!

Too bad I never go another tho...

There are plenty more witches in the sea, find you another

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join