It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Witches' Bible

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sinthia
reply to post by Hazelnut

If you practice the occult, you are not a Christian - the two are incompatible.

As such, the occult derives it's power from Satan.

How can you say that? Jesus was crucified for practicing Witchcraft!

His "miracles" were considered to be of the occult.

Why do you think what he did was of God and that what we do is not?

Your Jesus was a Witch.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

I think you'll find that Jesus was crucified following accusations of blasphemy.

Shows how rusty some of you folks are when it comes to the Bible!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sinthia

St. John (9:1-7) describes the episode how Christ restored the sight of a man blind from birth: He put an ointment on the eyes of the man and sent him to wash in a pool, on his return the blindness was cured. St. Matthew (20:29-34) describes a similar incident when 2 blind men were cured near Jericho.

This was why he was crucified. When he healed the 2 blind men from Jericho it was believed to be the work of Satan.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
reply to post by sinthia

St. John (9:1-7) describes the episode how Christ restored the sight of a man blind from birth: He put an ointment on the eyes of the man and sent him to wash in a pool, on his return the blindness was cured. St. Matthew (20:29-34) describes a similar incident when 2 blind men were cured near Jericho.

This was why he was crucified. When he healed the 2 blind men from Jericho it was believed to be the work of Satan.

Typical misquoting. Why didn't you mention a few lines later in John 9:16, "Therefore said some of the Pharisees, This man is not of God, because he keepeth not the sabbath day. Others said, How can a man that is a sinner do such miracles? And there was a division among them."

The messiah was prophecised to do such miracles, as I am sure you are aware being such a Bible expert.

Jesus was crucified because according to the Jews at the time he blasphemed.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sinthia

"Blessed are the peacemakers..."

"But I tell you: love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you..."

"But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins..."

"Do not judge or you too will be judged..."

"Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!' "

"But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand..."

"If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, shake the dust off your feet when you leave that home or town..."

- Jesus... At least according to this "New International Bible", it could be wrong.

Just sayin...

Edited to add:

Those particular quotes seem pretty straight-forward to me, though I could be misunderstanding. I've never been able to read beyond Kings personally, alot of that stuff in the beginning is pretty gruesome.

[edit on 7/16/2009 by eMachine]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
We seem to be getting more and more religious debates on this site.
Surely there are proper sites for this sort of debate?
The stuff thats going on in the world is being done by greedy twisted humans, not satan, or any other bogeyman.
As long as you lot are picking fights with the invisible man, the real perportrators are getting on with f***ing us all over!
Why come on a conspiracy site and discuss jesus?
I don't go onto christian sites and start threads about illuminati, or NWO.
You're not gonna convert anyone, so why bother.

Sorry if this sounds a bit harsh, but i personally feel that whatever bad crap has been in the planning for humanity by the so called elite is now reaching it's peak, and we should be trying to deal with it, no matter what our beliefs are, we should be standing united, not divided by imaginary friends.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by eMachine

Yes the Bible does indeed speak of love and foregiveness, all of which are freely available through Jesus Christ alone.
That is precisely why using Satanic powers is prohibited - God wants to lose none of his children to Satan.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by va1963

The thread is about Witchcraft. Some are for it, I am sinply saying that it is a Satanic conspiracy to draw people from God.

No occultist can prove from where 'their power' comes from, no matter how much they prophess to the contrary. I don't want people to be lost through ignorance. The occultists don't seem to be buying it, but that is the debate in a nutshell - I can only suggest you don't read it if you don't like it

It is conspiracies in religion after all!!!

[edit on 16-7-2009 by sinthia]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Yes the Bible does indeed speak of love and foregiveness, all of which are freely available through Jesus Christ alone.
That is precisely why using Satanic powers is prohibited - God wants to lose none of his children to Satan.

Okay, I get what you're saying... but isn't that all supposed to be more of a guide for those who follow Jesus Christ, I mean, that's who he's talking to, correct? He seems to be giving instructions, at least that's how I'm compelled to interpret it.

Edited to add:

I think the nice Witches have given their friendly thread up now.

[edit on 7/16/2009 by eMachine]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

If you accept Jesus as the prophecised Messiah, then you are forced to abide by the entire Bible, not just the bits you've quoted. This includes the 10 commandments and other prohibitions such as occultism.

Indeed, Jesus will forgive all sins, but that is not a license to sin! If you sincerely seek forgiveness from Jesus, he will glady give it, he's promised to - but to demonstrate your love for him, you try and live according to his ways. You will inevitably fail, but He knows you will fail even before you try, that's why he is so forgiving and never disappointed in you - he knows who and what you are. He also never forces himself on you, it's just arrogant people like me who do that!

Edited to add aswell:

I think you are right. I've said my piece, so i'll go now hoping that you will realise that Jesus is The Way............

[edit on 16-7-2009 by sinthia]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
This is a great article on Scott Cunningham that I remember reading a long time ago, and I was also saddened to realise then that he had passed at the age of just 37. I love his books...a real magical source of information and inspiration.

www.twpt.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

You may not understand what I'm going to say and I do know why you may not. The Bible does not convince me through my intuitive gut feeling (intuition) that it is the word, the only word from the one you call God whose story is well known. Most people do read the Bible before they begin to question their faith. That is my point. The Bible itself is wrapped in conspiracy and controversy. Without blind faith, questions arise.

History supports the ideals of alternative, nature based religions, feminine archetypes whom are older than Christianity. History, Archaeology, Anthropology all point toward other spiritual paths taken by man which do not coincide with the Bible's "word".

Questions arise for some of us. Faith itself is a major factor in any spiritual practice, maybe the only one. Some people have unquestioning devotion for one theology or philosophy or whatever you want to call it. Some can not. We are not all the same even though we come from the same race. Given that we differ, it should be expected and cherished that we all search for the good in life by various, creative, positive means.

Satan is what you believe in. I don't. If you want to know what I believe in, just ask. But please don't insinuate or dominate the discussion with your particular brand of "faith". It is understood that you are against our decision. We accept that. At least I do. I hold you harmless and appreciate your perspective. I just don't believe in the Bible as the ONLY TRUE ONE WORD on the matter.

My gut instinct has never steered me wrong. The only time my life goes haywire is when I stop paying attention to intuition. After all these years of making astronomical mistakes I did learn to listen faithfully. That is what I believe in. When in tune with it, my life is wonderful, blessed, joyful and full of cherished loved ones. When I listen to someone else instead, more often than not it does not go so well.

Witchcraft to me may not be what it is to another practitioner. It is not evil or negative. That is the lie.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sinthia

I agree that all of the above is probably true, because I believe that all belief systems are probably true if they can compel people to be kind to others.

You may have your thread back, Hazelnut. I'm truly sorry for succumbing to my inclination to argue in it. I know that's not what you wanted.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I was hesitant to look at this thread...old programing in place, conditioning as an ex christian. I admit it is hard to accept still even though I am fully aware of where the taboo came from. I accept possibilities of almost everything, try to keep an open mind and not judge. So why is this one so hard to get around?

I think not only because it is banned in the bible but it has been equated so often with evil and satan...bringing in evil spirits. Believe me you don't have to practice anything to feel the presence of evil.

So I am going to challenge myself to read more about this practice in hopes of letting go of the last straws of christian conditioning.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I appreciate what you have to say too eMachine and I learn from everyone. It is hard to explain without getting emotional or carried away or distracted. Whatever comes up in this discussion drives the thread and it is what it is

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

I was reading your signature lines and started laughing. How about that for coincidence? Or is it synchromysticsm? Every one should feel free to follow their own path toward good. I'm glad you overcame your conditioning. I understand that because I did too.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

I am not sure if this has everbeen asked but is witchcraft for real? You know like the conjuring, spells, and such as that?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Ok I have been lurking here, putting of joining. But now a subject I know a lot about comes up.

First things first.

I am a Neopagan. Not a Wiccan, not a witch. But a Celtic Reconstructionist and member of a Neopagan “Druidic” order (the ADF).

Neopagan Witchcraft (aka Wicca) is not an old religion. It was born out of the mind of Gerald Gardner in the late 1940’s and early 1950’s before being made public after the last anti witch law was repealed in the UK (1953 or 54 I think). Gardner had a story of where he got this from. Probably to get some legitimacy for the new religion. IT also began to be called “the old religion” by a lot of people. Many of these ideas came from some rather historically dubious work by Charles G. Leland and Margaret Murray, also supplemented by the poetry (i.e. fiction) work of Robert Graves in the White Goddess. After gardner several people tried to launch themselves as “authentic” Witches with similar (or more fantastical) stories, the best known being Alex Sanders . There is a Great book on this history called “Triumph of the Moon” by UK Academic Ronald Hutton.

None of this invalidates Wicca. It is an authentic spiritual path. But not the only Neopagan or Mesopagan one out there.

Ok Neopagan, Mesonpagan? WTF is that? I hear.

Isaac Bonewits, a prominent and controversial figure in the US Neopagan movement coined two terms to go along with the older Neopagan to try and talk about the various ages of “pagan” practice.

Paleopagan (old Paganaism aka Archaic Paganism) refers to ANY spiritual practice that has not been touched by Abrahamic or other monotheistic faiths. This would include the Euopean ones before Rome adopted Christianity for the Empire.

Mesopagan (middle paganism) are any faiths that blend old (or imagined) pagan ideas with Abrahamic ones. Examples would be the Golden Dawn, the Druidic revivalist Lodges (more on that later) and the OTO.

Neopaganism (New paganism) is the modern attempt to rebirth the “old ways” in a modern context. The oldest member is Gardnerian Wicca (Named after Gerald Gardner). It has two path ways. Revivalist and Reconstructive. Revivalists take the ideas and images and work with them. Reconstructionists take known facts or extrapolated idea from similar cultures and try to “reconstruct”. Other groups besides the million and one forms of wicca include. Heathanism, Neopagan Druidry, and Eclectic Pagans.

One should note there is NO unbroken line between Neopaganism and the “old ways”. That is fanciful dreaming.

Last point. Somone has mentioned Llwellyn Publishers. Be wary of this Publisher. They have some great books and some utter #e!

Slan leat

Noinden

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

I suppose you would have to find out for yourself. I can only speak for me. I grow plants that are common to cuisine and healing. I'm practising and learning at the same time which is how I like to do things. I make herbal remedies for myself after growing and harvesting the plant. I feel in touch with nature. If you've ever considered a seed you know it is a miracle or magic that it grows into a fully functional, self-replicating plant with the nourishing energies of the Sun and Water.

As far as other types that you seem to be referring to, I wouldn't know. Yet.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch
Whats wrong with fluffy bunnies???
And Wicca isnt "made up". If you read Gardner's history, it is taken from ancient celtic roots. It is along the druidism beliefs that have been passed down for centuries.
Just because our bible isnt being published and rewritten as much as the christian bible, doesnt make it any less real.

Blessed be

Wicca like all religions (ducks) is made up. Gardner did not take ideas from ancient “Celtic” roots. The name Wicca is from Anglo-Saxon and is bastardized. Druidry/Druidism (one is a philosophy one is a religion) was never a religion. Druids were the Intellectual Caste of the Western “Celtic” people.

Gardner screwed a lot of things up. But his religion IS a valid one. But many of my fellow Pagans need to get the chip of their bloody shoulders!

(a) There was no burning times against witches. It was a time when anyone was picked on for being different, female, gay, Jewish, the wrong flavor Christian, or unpopular. Further it was CIVIL courts more than the Church who did these atrocities. More often than not the Church tried to stop it.
(b) The perceived percecution of modern pagans is less than that for modern Jews, Islamacists, and unusual branches of Christianity. At most most Pagans get stupid questions. Or gossip and rumor. SOME have been attacked, but guess what. Being different has that happen. It is nor right. But one needs to be realistic!
AND
(c) Not every Christian is out to get you. Get over it. Grow a spine. Oh and for the love of the Gods, read more than “to Ride a silver broom stick” or “the witches Bible”. Read some history, some philosophy. Guess what some of the greatest philosophers were “Pagan”. Ever hear of Plato? Homer? No not Simpson. Expand your minds.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join