It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10,000 young Australians have swine flu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
macedoniaonline.eu...

Wednesday, 15 July 2009
Australia's swine flucases have topped 10,000 with officials in the worst-hit Asia-Pacific country reporting two deaths and warned the virus "preferred young people."

Health Minister Nicola Roxon said the national tally was now 10,387, more than 10 percent of the global total confirmed by the World Health Organization with 123 people in hospital.

South Australia and Queensland states reported two deaths of people with the disease, taking the national flu-linked toll to 22. A(H1N1) however has not yet been confirmed as the cause of any of the deaths.

Is it normal for a virus to attack age groups? Why wouldn't a virus just pick people with compromised immune systems regardless of age. Could someone please explain this to me?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I don't know , but I used to get the regular flu every couple of years as an early and late teen , once I hit my 20's , basically never since , or very , very mild.
If the swine flu is hitting young Australians imo its because the normal flu would have anyway .

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
It is much worse than you think !!!
Dog Flu ?
Cykotine Storm ??
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Cytokine Storm

SYMPTOMS OF THE CYTOKINE STORM:

The end stage, or final result, of cytokine storm (SIRS) or sepsis is multiple organ dysfunction syndrome (MODS). The end-stage symptoms of the bird flu, or other infection precipitating the cytokine storm may include:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

you know you user name got me confused with the other chembreather ... for a moment there

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Haven't gotten the flu since my early teens either...must have built up an immunity?
I've had bronchitis tho, which some people say is like a flu of the lungs, i dunno.
Maybe i'm just in denial or something but from the wording of all these h1n1 reports, the money involved, and the inconsitent statistics, this flu is a total non-issue for me.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I'm still waiting to hear when this bug crosses or mutates to a more lethal one. I would think it's only a matter of time. I think some people may be really bad candidates for flu shots and may just get it then anyway. I dunno if there's any truth in that though.

I haven't been feeling all that well the past couple of days and wonder if and how bad I'll get it. Maybe they could check if we've already had it?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Hello! It is definitly extremely contagious. Just think how fast it
spread since April. Only 3 months ago. When you have kids you get sick constantly, you get every germ in town. My child's school has 1100
children kindergarden through 4th grade. I wish they would install automatic doors on the front doors and the main office door.
I wish they would spray the lunch tables down with bleach water every day, and the student desks. Everytime I go to the school office I feel like I am going to get the plague. I keep wet wipes and hand sanitizer in the car. The children are to wash their hands the minute they come in from school. I get their germs from loading the dish washer, loading the washing machine, cleaning the bathrooms, all our door knobs, remotes, computer key boards, telephones, it is hopeless. The orginal people who were sick should have stayed home for two weeks. A vet friend said if the virus were more dangerous it would die out quicker, killing everyone. I didn't feel comforted by that.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by frugal

Is this flu strain just transmitted by contact with the virus or can it be airborne as well.

My sympathies, most of my friends with kids are sick all the time.

top topics

join