It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Next Global Pandemic? Drug-Resistant TB

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   

The Next Global Pandemic? Drug-Resistant TB

www.naturalnews.com

The World Health Organization has warned that a global pandemic of drug-resistant tuberculosis (TB) may be imminent, with potentially catastrophic consequences.

"The situation is already alarming, and poised to grow much worse very quickly," said Dr. Margaret Chan, the director-general of the World Health Organization. "This is a situation set to spiral out of control. Call it what you may: a time bomb or a powder keg. Any way you look at it, this is a potentially explosive situation," Chan warned.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
They continue with the following:

"TB is a highly contagious disease of the lungs that infects 9 million people around the world each year, killing 2 million of them. The bacteria that cause the disease thrive in dark, damp places, and can be spread from person to person by a simple cough, sneeze or conversation. An untreated TB patient can infect between 10 and 15 other people with the disease in a single year."

I guess the man made swine flu isn't reducing the population enough, so they decided to come up with a more effective epidemic.

Another Guardian article cites Margaret Chan as saying the following:

"The challenge is drug-resistant TB. And this is really huge. If it gets out of control, it will take us back to the pre-antibiotic era."

The article can be found at www.guardian.co.uk...

www.naturalnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I'd be much more concerned about TB than Swine Flu. This is really scary! Biological warfare is also very scare and very real.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by MightyAl

This is a load of crap,just like swine flu was a load of crap.

This is about people manipulating other people.

Get real, people, this is NOT going to happen.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by MightyAl
I guess the man made swine flu isn't reducing the population enough, so they decided to come up with a more effective epidemic.

oh no, this one is firmly in the laps of the public, idiots going to the doctors office every time they get a sniffle that don't finish out the anti-biotic course they're prescribed for it.

TB bacteria that resist anti-biotics have been around for a few years, they're just snow balling.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

You're ignorant and know NOTHING about TB as a disease to make a statement like that.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

In order to create a world government you need to manipulate the people to believe that we are definitely in great need of a Global Health System, hence Obama's health reform, and hence Hillary Clinton's speech on CNN last night ("we are all facing the same challenges").

So let's make sure everyone is so scared of all these pandemics that they all end up supporting the Global Health System.

The same goes for the international court (i.e. global law), the global currency, the global military and so on. It's the only way we are manipulated to believe that the world can survive.

Oh yeah, the big one: Global warming!!

Yeah, the sun spot is huge right now, so I'm sweating my a$$ off here in Taiwan, but apparently the sun will not have so many sun spots by 2012, 13, 14, 15? Sorry, I forget what year, but apparently we are going into a little ice age like in the 18th century...so not so bad, it'll be nice and cool here in Taiwan, finally I can breathe some air again in mid summer!

Let's just make sure everyone in the world trusts their governments in being told that we are in big sh*t now and need a world government to get out of it...

I mean, yeah, we are in some mess, but who put us in this mess in the first place?? My family sure doesn't have that ability...except for the biggest sin on the planet, driving a car!! I guess horses and carriages were much less pollutive in the old days when the horse sh*t was polluting the air with methane! haha

So my friends will say "wow, sounds great! One World, one government, one people, nice!" Well, yeah, but don't forget martial law, depopulation etc. etc. etc.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

I am not worried about TB I recently got the TB vaccination for a program I am heading into this October. I also had to get MMR, TB, and Hep B shot, so i don't get infected and so the elderly people I will be working with won't get sick from me. My husband also had to get immunized against everything being in the army and all. I worry about my kids getting sick more then anything though

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by mysticalzoe

Is your TB shot for the drug resistant version? Or the same kind I got back in 1998 when I was a freshman in college?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by MightyAl

Honestly, I have no idea?? It was my first time getting it actually. They had to test me first to see if I ever had it, and I told them no, but they wanted to make sure, then they injected this thing into my arm and that was that. I got this in May of this year!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mysticalzoe

I was just asking, because according to the article I cited, the following is the problem:

Although TB has been mostly eliminated in wealthy countries and can be treated in poor countries if appropriate antibiotics are available. The increasing prevalence of drug-resistant strains has the disease poised to reemerge as a major global health threat...

...Speaking alongside Chan, Microsoft chairman and philanthropist Bill Gates said that overconfidence in the medical field has contributed to the new TB threat.

"The most commonly used [TB] diagnostic test is today more than 125 years old," he said. "The vaccine was developed more than 80 years ago, and drugs have not changed in 50 years."

As a side point, you'll be wondering what Bill Gates knows about this. He's a member of the depopulation program (under another name).

According to TimesOnline

Gates, 53, who is giving away most of his fortune, argued that healthier families, freed from malaria and extreme poverty, would change their habits and have fewer children within half a generation.

At a conference in Long Beach, California, last February, he had made similar points. “Official projections say the world’s population will peak at 9.3 billion [up from 6.6 billion today] but with charitable initiatives, such as better reproductive healthcare, we think we can cap that at 8.3 billion,” Gates said then.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
With regard to drug therapy for TB;

A leaflet put out by the NT Department of Health and Community Services on Tuberculosis provides a good example. This leaflet states: "Up until the 1950s TB was a common cause of serious disease and death in Australia. Due to an aggressive campaign over the past 30 years and the discovery of effective new drugs, TB is now much less common ...." According to the Commonwealth Year Book No.40, the official figures on TB deaths are: 1921 - 3,687; 1931 - 3,167; 1941 - 2,734; 1951 - 1,538; 1961 - 447. In terms of population count, the TB death rate in Australia fell from 68 per 100,000 in 1921 to 49 per 100,000 in 1931 to 18 per 100,000 in 1951 and to 4 per 100,000 in 1961. These figures clearly indicate that the decline in TB death rate started well before any medical intervention, and that the rate of decline did not change with the introduction of drug therapy.

Vaccination the hidden facts by Ian Sinclair Chapter 11

So does it really make a difference that it's a drug resistant mutation TB they are now warning against, I wonder ?

top topics

join