It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Implanting Microchips into Insects. US Military Develops "Cybug Spies"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Implanting Microchips into Insects. US Military Develops "Cybug Spies"

globalresearch.ca

Miniature robots could be good spies, but researchers now are experimenting with insect cyborgs or "cybugs" that could work even better.

Scientists can already control the flight of real moths using implanted devices.

The military and spy world no doubt would love tiny, live camera-wielding versions of Predator drones that could fly undetected into places where no human could ever go to snoop on the enemy.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
It's time to watch out for insects in your neighborhood that might be "bugged".

Get your flyswats and microscopes out and spot the CYBUG! haha

I wonder if they'll be for sale for the general consumers. Think of how much fun your kids would have with real cybugs!

We could fly a hord over Area 51...heheh

globalresearch.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I'll bet they already have this technology, stashed away for future use. Seems like an interesting concept, although I don't see consumer use coming any time soon.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Im sure this tech is hindered by the life span of the bug

Imagine the public outcry at the possible privacy invasion that can happen with these cybugs!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
not only that, smack a bug and lose a few million dollars hahaha... and it still has to avoid any natural predators like birds and ... DOGS!!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Oh, to be a fly on the wall.....looks like this oft repeated wish could come true soon.

Think of all the paranoid skitzos and burned out dope fiends who are constantly rambling on about the CIA sending beetles and ants and cockroaches to spy on them. If this tech reaches full fruition, we might not be able to laugh anymore, since their rantings will no longer be paranoid delusions.

new topics

top topics

join