It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Busted] NASA caught faking Gemini-10 Spacewalk Photos?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JScytale

Along with showing the lunes subscribing to these stories are grasping at straws, equivocating, misquoting and twisting the truth, you have shown they have done absolutely zero research on their own, taking the theories at face value.

I don't know what this crap is doing in the Aliens and UFOs forum to begin with.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
So the gist of this thread is "NASA is lying?" Jezz that ain't news man!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MOTT the HOOPLE

No, the gist of the thread is "NASA is lying but we have nothing to back that up with."

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MOTT the HOOPLE

No.
The publisher seems to have placed an edited photo in the book. The only one who may have "lied" is Farrar, Strauss & Giroux.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MOTT the HOOPLE

I think you missed the gist of the thread my friend. It's more like:
Thread started- Hey it looks like NASA lied about this- Here's proof!!!
So we look at proof and find altered images, so that means NASA is guilty right? Until someone asks "Where and when did NASA ever publish that photo and how did they describe it?" And I haven't seen anyone answer that.

So all of the sudden what started to look like proof doesn't really look like proof any more, unless you have something to add.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
What if...the space walk is real and the other is fake just to help debunk the moon landing in general. Just sayin...

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by QuestionItAll

how could you possibly debunk the moon landing when there is a piece of equipment still being used on the moon that apollo 11 left?!?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I believe it happened but obviously others don't.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
The image originally appeared in the hardcover edition's title page, with no caption, but in the paperback it was moved to the photo insert section, again (AFAIK) with no caption. The book explicitly states that there exist NO photographs of the actual spacewalk. The image does not appear in the NASA Public Affairs Office archive flip-book, or in the all-inclusive GT-10 contact sheet print book, all readily accessible by news media and historians. It's comforting to realize that this is the WORST that the whiners can come up with... pretty strong endorsement of the solidity of other officially-released images.

I've read this thread, and all I can say is I will never believe a single word you say.

The "spacewalk" bit was shown as you making stuff up in the video, with an actual showing of what the book said originally. You removed part of the sentence and replaced it with "spacewalk".

I don't know who the images are produced by, the publisher or nasa or whatever. I'm not a "moon hoaxer" person in general, although somethings I do question and don't make much sense to me. I always give NASA the benefit of the doubt.

However, I have very little doubt that you sir will say and do just about anything in order to protect anything which puts things into a negative light. That the truth is not of concern to you at all.

Maybe the guy is wrong, maybe you are right. I dunno, but I know I'll never be able to trust you, as these kind of tactics are just downright disgusting to me.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

how about the tactics of the person in the video, pinning it on NASA and Oberg instead of the author of the book?

sigh.
some people.

You really ought to think for yourself and see all the ways the author of the video dresses things up and makes stupid arguments before you accept his opinion as your own.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by JScytale]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
To me this is just proof NASA lies about a lot of things, one of their little cronies just got caught red handed , which is just great !!
i love it! great thread S$F

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by JScytale
reply to post by badmedia

how about the tactics of the person in the video, pinning it on NASA and Oberg instead of the author of the book?

sigh.
some people.

You really ought to think for yourself and see all the ways the author of the video dresses things up and makes stupid arguments before you accept his opinion as your own.

How about you completely misrepresenting what I said. I said specifically I have no idea who is right. I only commented on the tactics used by Oberg.

And then you have the nerve to tell me to think for myself? Sorry, but I don't live in some stupid dualisitic mindset where if 1 person is wrong the other person is right, or any of this other nonsense and assumptions you have put on me. As far as I am concerned, they could be very well be wrong.

Never once did I "accept" the other persons opinions, nor did I even hint towards such a thing. It's these kind of lame tactics that are dishonest and stupid.

Anymore assumptions you would like to make on me, or do you think you can actually address what I said? If you are going to keep making these assumptions, then I might as well not even post, because you are only going to keep debating your own assumptions rather than what is said.

Once again, the pictures are obviously edit and a match. Who did it? I do not know. Did NASA fake them? I do not know, but I give them the benefit of the doubt. But I do know that Oberg is absolutely telling a lie in his "debunking". Does that automatically validate the claims? NO, I'm not that stupid, it's not an intelligent way of finding out the truth and I would appreciate it if you wouldn't try to make me out as such.

As far as I know, only 1 of the people mentioned in the videos and claims posts here.

[edit on 7/16/2009 by badmedia]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradiselost333
To me this is just proof NASA lies about a lot of things, one of their little cronies just got caught red handed , which is just great

Obviously someone did not bother to read the thread.

Again and again, these people are exposing themselves for what they are.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

no man just responding to the original post, didnt read thread and by these people what do you mean ??
what about ' those" people?

hey doom you ever think of working for NASA?just a thought

[edit on 17-7-2009 by paradiselost333]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Just looking at the two images one can see clearly that the second image shows an obscured face compared to the first.

2c

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Can we just agree that NASA doctor their photos in order to supress the truth that they have knowledge of other races other than our own and are indeed keeping the public from knowing in order to fulfil their own agenda.

Is that possible?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Greetings Fran,

We don't have to agree. NASA have been proven to alter their images in the past - this is a matter of historical record.

In this case it appears it was the publisher who manufactured the spacewalk image. Perhaps they did this at NASA's behest; afterall, NASA did not protest nor did they take legal action.

And what about Collins - can he be trusted...

Collins was already been proven to be an active participant in the Apollo 11 Hoax - as can be seen in his role during the faking of a 'live' Apollo shot where he and the crew place a transparency on the porthole to fake pretending to be halfway to the moon when they were still in Earth orbit.

David Percy discussed the matter in his film "What happened on The Moon" (starting at 12:30):

Google Video Link

Bart Sibrel believes that a purposefully shaped blackboard was place over the porthole, and the earth filmed thought that to recreate the appearance of the earth from halfway to the moon. Either way, the shot was faked.

Here is the part of Sibrel's Film where he discusses the matter:

*Edit:

Get this: I recently debunked David Percy's debunking of the Jump Salute footage.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Nasa images are public domain. Publishers are free to alter them. Nasa can't sue them (and why would they want to?)

And the Moon hoaxers should be glad that is the case! Nasa propably could build a nice probe if they could sue anybody who colours & filters their fotos to "discover stuff"

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Words cannot say how I feel after watching that video, its such a shame that only a small amount of people will see it.

You should start a thread using this video to enlighten others that may be on the fence when it comes to NASA.

I also feel incredibly sorry for the people on this site that defend NASA to the hilt after watching this video their minds must be going over time.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by debunky

That's just not true. Moral rights to the images belongs to NASA. You dont have permission to alter them.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join