It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Busted] NASA caught faking Gemini-10 Spacewalk Photos?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Has the Truth about Michael Collins spacewalk Finally been exposed?

New evidence has recently come to light which appears to indicate that at least one of Collins' spacewalk images had been hoaxed - namely the one from his Collins' book 'Carrying The Fire'. I have located and uploaded the image and the one it seems to have been created from:

Was this image from training altered and then presented to the world as a genuine spacewalk image?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8057365808cb.jpg[/atsimg]
(The second image appears to be a reverse of the first with the background blacked out....
)

Here is a video which quite aptly describes the situation:

(Video Produced by Jarrah White)

If this image truly is a fake....just imagine the implications.

Why would they fake this spacewalk photo....

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Due to the controversial nature of this discovery, many debunkers set themselves to the task of Debunking and attacking the Man who initially discovered this disingenuous image.

*These attacks and are documented in this video, along with some of the more malicious and dirty tactics that were employed against Ralph Rene :

(Video Produced By Jarrah White)

[edit on 16-7-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Hi, Exuberant1

When, where and how did NASA presented this as some actual spacewalk image? Couldn't it be some kinda rendition? Thanks in advance

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Who did the faking then? Was it NASA or the books author or publisher?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Who did the faking then? Was it NASA or the books author or publisher?

Good question.

Perhaps the answer to it will appear in this thread.

Edit: On the right (#3) the training image has been reversed, but not blackened.

Note the similarities to the spacewalk image - it is practically identical:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/de380f4a3784.jpg[/atsimg]
Caption from first image 'The zero-G airplane - sickening!'

*The training image and 'spacewalk image are both from Collin's Cook Carrying The Fire. The two image are separated by a couple of hundred pages. (see videos) The 'spacewalk' image has no caption.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
can anybody overlay both images to see if its an exact fit. Also is there anything on NASA which suggests the images you present were used as a genuine spacewalk.?

Steve

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Yeah it's definately identical. I checked in photoshop. I wouldn't mind biggest possible pictures though so you can make an animation or something. There's no question in my mind if it's the same picture. This could use some detective work se we could find out who faked it in the first place and why? Back in the film days it wasn't so easy to manipulate photos so this has probably been done by a pro.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Thanks for making the confirmation PsykoOps. Not many people even bother to check.

Did you watch the videos yet?

They explain a good deal about the images and the controversy they caused. It is very entertaining.

Here is the letter cited in the second video:

Here is the letter from the debunker who was himself debunked in the second video I posted and where his dishonest tactics were revealed

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I can't believe people are uncertain as to if it's a match. Are you people blind? Christ, use your eyes to create points between the two pictures it's obviously the same one.

Part of me hopes there is a normal explanation for this, like the book publisher did it due to lack of better photograph.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I confirm that the images ares the same in my opinion, for what is worth.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual

Part of me hopes there is a normal explanation for this, like the book publisher did it due to lack of better photograph.

Maybe.

But NASA has themselves been proven to manipulate images without telling the public or customers purchasing the images that they did so.

Here is an exampe I found yesterday where NASA has been caught releasing pictures of images projected onto a screen

Here is the image that was projected on a screen, photographed and then released as the 'higher resolution' copy (I got one today):

Here is the image on the Apollo lunar surface Journal - this one has not been projected onto a screen before release:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fe9e18ce77b9.jpg[/atsimg]
www.hq.nasa.gov...

+19 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
He actually did state that there were no pictures of his Gemini space walk.

“One of the great disappointments of the flight was that there were no photos of my spacewalk. [...] All we had was the film from one movie camera, [...] which recorded an uninterrupted sequence of black sky [...] I was really feeling sorry for myself, unable to produce graphic documentation for my grandchildren of my brief sally as a human satellite [...]”

That is taken from the link posted above. The person debunking the use of the photo is correct, in that it is never suggested anywhere that it is a photo of a space walk.

It is much more likely, that because there were no actual photos - as admitted by Collins himself, that the publishers did it.

No conspiracy, just shady publishing tactics.

link   
so he opens exactly his legs all the time...o come ont...they ARE the same No Doubt

link   

Originally posted by internos
I confirm that the images ares the same in my opinion, for what is worth.

Thanks internos!

Now we just gotta confirm who claimed they were of Collins spacewalk...

Was it the publisher, NASA or Collins.

hmmmm.

I wonder if any debunkers have been saying this image was of an actual spacewalk....

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
For anybody doubting the picture, just take note of the apparatus and the gap between his thigh and the bottom of the apparatus. It is the same in both photos.

Anyway, I don't see any conspiracy in it. Collins said there were no photos of his space walk and publishers always do this sort of thing.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
It seems just the one person tried passing it off as a space walk, most likely trying to chuck fuel onto the fire of the moon hoax theories, and now it will snow ball because of threads like this where people choose to believe what they want to believe.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Anyway, I don't see any conspiracy in it. Collins said there were no photos of his space walk and publishers always do this sort of thing.

What sort of thing - Conspiring to decieve?

How do you not see any conspiracy in this, when surely more than one individual was involved....

This image was also displayed along with authentic Apollo imagery and nowhere is it stated in the book that this image is a fake. The true nature of it is omitted.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Here is it: the match is not perfect both because lack of time right now and light differences in both scales and orientation, but it should be enough: i personally have no doubts, the images are the same.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/c51a6ce6c6965fcc.gif[/atsimg]

Edit to add:
slower version of the animation
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/df8b4475bc306b6f.gif[/atsimg]

[edit on 16/7/2009 by internos]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

What sort of thing - Conspiring to decieve?

How do you not see any conspiracy in this, when surely more than one individual was involved....

This image was also displayed along with authentic Apollo imagery and nowhere is it stated in the book that this image is a fake. The true nature of it is omitted.

I'm on 56k speeds right now and can't watch the Youtube videos, so if there's proof in them (proof on a Youtube video for anything would be a first) of a conspiracy I'd be keen to hear it.

Collins said, in his own words, that there was no photos of the space walk. So HE certainly hasn't tried passing it off as a space walk image.
To me, as far as I can tell right now, the publishers (or NASA, if you must) - probably innocently, thought the next best thing for the reader would be to have a photo that LOOKS like a space walk. The book doesn't say it's a real photo. Sure, it doesn't say it's fake either, but it doesn't say "THIS IS A SPACE WALK". It says nothing about it, AFAIK.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
It was about 5 degrees out on the rotation.This is one on top of the other with the top layer on 50% transparency.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2858a070976d.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/97d3043d7c45.jpg[/atsimg]

..so yes they are a perfect match.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by VitalOverdose]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join