It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine flu will be biggest pandemic ever, warns world health chief

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
As swine flu sweeps the planet, Margaret Chan, head of the World Health Organisation, tells how she is leading the battle against it – and the personal price she is paying

www.guardian.co.uk...

In wealthy countries such as Britain, she observes, "The disease is self-limiting. Some even recover without medicine. But is it going to be the same in a country where they have a high proportion of people suffering from HIV? Or chronic malnutrition? Or diabetes? [all of which damage immune systems]?"

S i guess when the disease spreds in africa there is going to be an even bigger death toll over there

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

this is a really...intense thing to think about and what you said made me think of it....

But what if swine flu manages to wipe out AIDS?...

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

That would be a miracle if the swine flu actually destroyed AIDS

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Or a disaster....

at least if it snuffs a loved one with AIDS.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I really am not even a little bit concerned over the swine flu but should I be? Every day there is at east five new topics started on this I read them but it still doesn't make me feel that this is something to be concerned about. I really dont believe this thing is going anywhere. The only thing I find interesting about it is the fact nobody was able to contain it which shows a serious lack of preparedness if something really bad comes along. I just feel like everyone thinks I'm crazy because I don't put anymore merit into the swine flu then the regular flu.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Do you Think :

I dont know what is up with my threads, no one seems to get the link of this horrible flu.

Read my thread here : Swine and Canine Flu

They have made it so the WHO and UN gets to spread their FLU among us using our house pets.

Why that would'nt interest any one is beyond me !!!!

We have DogFlu and HorseFlu in the mix too..
Check out my link..

Read my thread here : Swine and Canine Flu

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by stevedel0

thats what i was going for.

what if it kills all people with AIDS (or at least those who dont take the medication for it)

it would effectively eliminate one of the most devastating diseases known to mankind.

sadly, ive been struggling with the "is that good or is that bad" argument.

CHEMBRATHER:
STOP ADVERTISING OUT YOUR THREADS! if its not getting attention on its own, oh well. this is the third thread ive seen you do this in. stop.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
There is no way it could get rid of all aids patients..

I will not bother with the vaccine, we have proof from 1976, what the things mean.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by VintageEnvy
I really am not even a little bit concerned over the swine flu but should I be? Every day there is at east five new topics started on this I read them but it still doesn't make me feel that this is something to be concerned about. I really dont believe this thing is going anywhere. The only thing I find interesting about it is the fact nobody was able to contain it which shows a serious lack of preparedness if something really bad comes along. I just feel like everyone thinks I'm crazy because I don't put anymore merit into the swine flu then the regular flu.

Well you should. be You need to understand it. I don't think enough people understand the nature of these things. Swing Flu is NOT a normal flu because it is taking over ALL other strains of flu. THAT is a what a pandemic flu or disease does.

In Australia right now in 2 states Swine flu is responsible for 99% of ALL flu's contracted!! That is insane!! Normally about 10 different types of mild flu are what people catch each winter. The regular flu vaccine contains about 10 different vaccines to help with all these. When ONE type of flu takes over from all others...that is a scary thing. Regular FLU is not a single flu. There are many variations. What YOU might get is not what I may get - but it is still flu.

Swine flu is pushing them ALL aside to dominate. What this means is that it fast acting and strong - even if it isn't killing people en masse right now - it is a worry BECAUSE it is dominating. When a flu dominates like that the power to mutate into a deadly strain is there...and THAT is what causes it to become deadly...the mutation into another stronger stain. It can't do that unless it is dominating all other flu...which it now is in this country, which makes a more virilent more easily spread.

Yes, most of us may fight it off, but once it mutates we may not. Just keep your mind open. You aren't a health expert so you can't make the call.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   

I have to say - total crap.

There is a conspiracy that makes us believe this - it is total crap.

For some reason, some people want us to beleve - I say NO!

new topics

top topics

join