It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sadr Aide-Female soldiers can be kept as slaves

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 07:18 AM
link   
BASRA, Iraq � A senior aide of radical Shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr (search) told worshippers during a Friday sermon in southern Iraq that anyone capturing a female British soldier can keep her as a slave.
Al-Bahadli kept an assault rifle next to him as he spoke to an estimated 3,000 worshippers, occasionally lifting it as he screamed "jihad!," and "Allahu Akbar!," or "God is greatest!"

Wacko calls for female soldiers

Maybe a scholar of the Quran can point out the sections that advocate these type of activities.

I told you the apologies would be wasted.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 07:39 AM
link   
As mentioned and quoted in the Rumsfield hearings yesterday.....there are significantly different 'moral' values, be they cultural, religious, etc., between the US/the West and Islam/the Middle East.

seekerof

[Edited on 8-5-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   
i am not going to defend Sadr's aide.

but by doing what was done to those Iraqi men in Abu Ghair and elsewhere, they probably feel it right for them to do it to our women...plus arabs just like westerners have bizarre sexual fetishes too.

bad situation, let's hope they never get to act on it...

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originially poseted by jsobecky
Maybe a scholar of the Quran can point out the sections that advocate these type of activities.

Maybe a theolgist of the Bible can point out the sections that advocate lewd sex acts, torture, etc etc etc.

[Edited on 5/8/04 by xenophanes85]

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by xenophanes85

Originially poseted by jsobecky

Maybe a theolgist of the Bible can point out the sections that advocate lewd sex acts, torture, etc etc etc.

[Edited on 5/8/04 by xenophanes85]

Maybe. I'm not a scholar of either, for my own reasons. I have, however, read some pretty nasty stuff in the Old Testament.

I haven't, however, seen too many Christian clerics or whatever they call themselves calling for enslavement in the name of their God, all the while with an assault rifle at his side.

Apologies were wasted on them, appeasement is impossible for those who want a return to an ancient, violent, theocratic rule of the people.

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   
i dont know about that even i m a as muslim but never before we have heard.that kind of order before from any imam or any leader in muslim community prayers in the right muslim order country.well what i m been thinking about this is the LE PLAYA theather from the
US millitary intel side or BRITISH SAS is leads the orchestra or at least they are the one who is the M.C or
the master of ceremony in this propaganda

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Are you saying that this is US or British propaganda? I posted a link to a reputable source; here is another that supports it:

Here

In this article, al Sadr renounces the apology from Bush, and his top aide calls for kidnap and offers cash rewards for commiting murder.

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I heard this on the radio its total rubbish that women soldiers can be kept as slaves , Women soldiers are tough cookies they wont take it being treated as slaves.

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
This reminds me of when a Jerry Farwell said that America derserved 9/11 because of it's moral decay. Or Pat Robertson, after Disney had a 'gay day' said that God was going to punish them with a hurricane!
Why is it that only the nuts get the press?

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher

but by doing what was done to those Iraqi men in Abu Ghair and elsewhere, they probably feel it right for them to do it to our women...plus arabs just like westerners have bizarre sexual fetishes too.

Keep it in context, what was done to those prisoners by both the stupid American soldiers and the Iraqi contract personnel was not condoned by our leaders, nor was it put out in a religious meeting that it was a good and fit thing to do.
I know, you weren't defending Sadr, I just wanted to point a couple things out for the viewing audience.

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by curme
This reminds me of when a Jerry Farwell said that America derserved 9/11 because of it's moral decay. Or Pat Robertson, after Disney had a 'gay day' said that God was going to punish them with a hurricane!
Why is it that only the nuts get the press?

Really? I see where Falwell was coming from. We have been placing our hand through the hedge for a long time and it was only a matter of time before the viper bit us. As far as Pat, well, all I can say is that sometimes he falls off his meds. At any rate, neither told anyone to actively take part in anything. Neitehr said to take an immoral citizen and use them as slaves. I really don't see much comparison.

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by unholy enterprise
i dont know about that even i m a as muslim but never before we have heard.that kind of order before from any imam or any leader in muslim community prayers in the right muslim order country.

I guess you forgot about this guy huh...

Muslim Brothers in Palestine, do not have any mercy neither compassion on the Jews, their blood, their money, their flesh. Their women are yours to take, legitimately. God made them yours. Why don't you enslave their women? Why don't you wage jihad? Why don't you pillage them?

www.nationalreview.com...

This was in April of 2002 where Shaikh Saad Al-Buraik was calling for the enslavement of Jewish women.

[Edited on 9-5-2004 by Yoda]

Q

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Yeah, I love this double-standard. It would seem that so many things just don't apply to them...apparently, moral outrage is a one-way street, and it doesn't go that way.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Q
Yeah, I love this double-standard. It would seem that so many things just don't apply to them...apparently, moral outrage is a one-way street, and it doesn't go that way.

Yes I agree, it does seem like a double standard with these people, what I'm curious about, is where is the outrage against this...

56 boy slaves freed in Sudan
Victims claim abuse, rape, death threats, forcible conversion

A 12-year-old slave named Piol said:

My master (Ibrahim Mohammed) told me not to ask about my mother and father, and ordered me to call him "father." Whenever I displeased him, he beat me. Once he hit me on the head with a cow's horn. Another time, he burned me on the arm. Sometimes he refused to allow me to eat. Ibrahim's son, Khalid, also bullied me. He threw stones at me, and called me "dog," "bastard" and "slave." Ibrahim made me go to Quranic school. The teacher, Mohammed Razik, said that we should forget about the religion of our people and become Muslims. Otherwise, we would be infidels.

www.worldnetdaily.com...

This is one boy slave's statement from the 56 released in Sudan, I guess it's ok for Muslims to own non-Muslim slaves...

And you wonder why the US walked out of the vote to add Sudan to the United Nations Human Rights Commission...

I guess the outrage will never happen since it is not the US or UK that are commiting these crimes...

[Edited on 10-5-2004 by Yoda]

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Isn't it strange how all the holy books say pretty much the same things at one time or another.

Extra extra read all about it, Bible states quite clearly that conquering army's who capture women can keep them as slaves.

"And when the Lord thy God hath delivered [a city] into thine hands, thou shalt smite every male thereof with the edge of the sword: But the women, and the little ones . . . shalt thou take unto thyself . . . But of the cities of these people, which the Lord thy God doth give thee for an inheritance, thou shalt save alive nothing that breatheth" (Deuteronomy 20:13-16).

"When thou goest forth to war against thine enemies . . . And seest among the captives a beautiful woman, and hast a desire unto her, that thou wouldest have her to thy wife; Then thou shalt bring her home to thine house . . . thou shalt go in unto her, and be her husband, and she shall be thy wife" (Deuteronomy 21:10-13). "

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simon
Isn't it strange how all the holy books say pretty much the same things at one time or another.

Extra extra read all about it, Bible states quite clearly that conquering army's who capture women can keep them as slaves.

"And when the Lord thy God hath delivered [a city] into thine hands, thou shalt smite every male thereof with the edge of the sword: But the women, and the little ones . . . shalt thou take unto thyself . . . But of the cities of these people, which the Lord thy God doth give thee for an inheritance, thou shalt save alive nothing that breatheth" (Deuteronomy 20:13-16).

I get the impression that this quote means not that to enslave women and children but dont kill them "in a war" (If they are not fighting)

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Who knows, or cares what it actually meant, its interpretation that counts.

"When thou goes forth to war against thine enemies . . . And seest among the captives a beautiful woman, and hast a desire unto her, that thou wouldest have her to thy wife; Then thou shalt bring her home to thine house . . . thou shalt go in unto her, and be her husband, and she shall be thy wife" (Deuteronomy 21:10-13). "

That could mean feel free to keep any captured women as sex slaves, it could also mean Its ok to fall in love with a woman from the side of the enemy.

Its all interpretation. Both are simply books, what we take from them depends on who we are as people.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
... I haven't, however, seen too many Christian clerics or whatever they call themselves calling for enslavement in the name of their God, all the while with an assault rifle at his side.

Apologies were wasted on them, appeasement is impossible for those who want a return to an ancient, violent, theocratic rule of the people.

Ever hear of the Crusades jsobecky? You know, the conversion/extermination of non-Christian peoples, the *GASP* Jihad of the 11th-13th centuries?

[Edited on 5/10/04 by xenophanes85]

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
"haven't, however, seen too many Christian clerics or whatever they call themselves calling for enslavement in the name of their God, all the while with an assault rifle at his side. "

Not been to Northern Ireland then ?

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher

I couldn't help but notice that your Avatar looks a lot like Hexadecimal?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join