It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

16-Year-Old Girl Convicted of Soliciting Dad's Murder.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   

The girl contends she only wanted her father roughed up, not killed. She told police she had asked some friends to "take care of" him to end beatings she claimed she suffered. Police haven't been able to verify her claims of abuse.

www.foxnews.com...

I wanted to add this specific quote in.

I know (JHC) this thread will be inflammatory, but It's questionable.

Why should we believe absolutely that a under 18 year old isn't lying.

I know the innocent of the young, is getting old and being turned on it's back.

But in this, what if she is lying, then a man was beaten to death, for no cause other then a upset teenager, with loose lips.

Things we get totally upset about, and turn our morals and values over, can be spoken, and cause us all to do unthinkable things.

I know that if I heard my neighbors daughter was being molested, that I would quickly beat to death the molestor.

Although, what if he/she was lying, what if it was a "i'll get back at you" thing the girl/boy was thinking.

Then there would be a dead person, for no fault other then words, and a belief.

So she is of age 16, do you believe she should go to prison, or a rehabilitation, to clean her act up?

The age 18 year line, seems to be getting more and more blurred, but how do we judge it now.

It seems very strange, this story is just a guideline really.

What age is it, or what line should we start to ponder that someone has a "bad seed" in them.

Assuming that, she is lying, and that she was never abused.

Even if she manages to prove that she was abused, it's beside that, the story is there for a guideline to the threads point. Outside the box really.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
She knew what she was doing when she asked her father to be beaten to death.

Lying about the abuse or not, she deserves prison. She could have easily have told a teacher or a friends parents rather then tell some friends to beat him to death.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

If she is telling the truth about the abuse then I do feel bad for her, but it doesn't excuse the course of action she took.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Ditto, if she is telling the truth I do feel bad for her, but if she is willing to talk to friends and have much older men kill, then she must of known of other actions to take place, surely runnin away from home would've drawn attention, a teacher, a police officer, a counselour, a friend (true friend) would've surely helped.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

The girl contends she only wanted her father roughed up, not killed. She told police she had asked some friends to "take care of" him to end beatings she claimed she suffered. Police haven't been able to verify her claims of abuse.

www.foxnews.com...

I wanted to add this specific quote in.

I know (JHC) this thread will be inflammatory, but It's questionable.

Why should we believe absolutely that a under 18 year old isn't lying.

I know the innocent of the young, is getting old and being turned on it's back.

But in this, what if she is lying, then a man was beaten to death, for no cause other then a upset teenager, with loose lips.

Things we get totally upset about, and turn our morals and values over, can be spoken, and cause us all to do unthinkable things.

I know that if I heard my neighbors daughter was being molested, that I would quickly beat to death the molestor.

Although, what if he/she was lying, what if it was a "i'll get back at you" thing the girl/boy was thinking.

Then there would be a dead person, for no fault other then words, and a belief.

So she is of age 16, do you believe she should go to prison, or a rehabilitation, to clean her act up?

The age 18 year line, seems to be getting more and more blurred, but how do we judge it now.

It seems very strange, this story is just a guideline really.

What age is it, or what line should we start to ponder that someone has a "bad seed" in them.

Assuming that, she is lying, and that she was never abused.

Even if she manages to prove that she was abused, it's beside that, the story is there for a guideline to the threads point. Outside the box really.

When I was a kid I used to know two girls that were very shy but once you got to know them they were friendly but slightly odd in the way they acted around others.

Many people including the people I used to call friends at that time used to pick on these kids, call them names etc. They were not hygenic in a sense that there clothes were always dirty and hair matted etc.
Cutting a long story short here but I had not seen them for a while and decided to go to there house and see if they wanted to come out for a game of tag at the time (was only about 9 or 10 years old). Turns out that the mother had left the father with the kids, the father was selling his kids to clients for sexual abuse. I think they were lucky in a way because if I had never told my father what I saw and police getting invloved they too would have probably ended up in jail or worse.

It annoys me too see some kids crying wolf when it really does go on unchecked.
At the same time this is wrong and a punishment is just but I do not think anyone should serve life or be put to death at 16 years old. Too many factors to consider and the kid might learn. This story is after all being told from a secondary source so I dont think we will ever know the whole truth in the report. The other thing is that the kid will regret this and it is a case of crying wolf in a way which seems to have been learned.

Sad story.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

She won't get life.

The jury took only 90 minutes to find her guilty. That right there should tell you that there was a great amount of evidence against her.

What has been proven is that she had her dad killed. There hasn't been any evidence to support her claims of abuse.

Like I said, she could have gone to a number of other people to help her instead of asking a guy to beat him to death.

The only reason she might regret this is because she got caught. After all, why would she regret it if she was being abused?

[edit on 16-7-2009 by jd140]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
reply to post by XXXN3O

She won't get life.

The jury took only 90 minutes to find her guilty. That right there should tell you that there was a great amount of evidence against her.

What has been proven is that she had her dad killed. There hasn't been any evidence to support her claims of abuse.

Like I said, she could have gone to a number of other people to help her instead of asking a guy to beat him to death.

The only reason she might regret this is because she got caught. After all, why would she regret it if she was being abused?

[edit on 16-7-2009 by jd140]

I am trying to say that this does go on and can end as tragically for the other reasons.

I am not saying shes innocent. I am saying that theres a reason things happen and sometimes you dont get the full story although it is strongly a case of guilty by admission to add as well.
The kid will learn as her fathers dead because of her, that is a burden she will carry for the rest of her life and if she does not learn from that then she may never learn.
If this teenager is given the proper understanding of what shes done, ie the amount of things that do go on that her crying wolf has mimicked, her father is dead because of her actions and what she did was wrong then she has every chance of learning her mistake.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Oh wow.

If we could only get the full story every time, wouldn't that be a great world!

I would love it and enjoy it, so would CCTV :p

I fear we won't though, and it's all speculation.

See U2U though.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
She knew what she was doing when she asked her father to be beaten to death.

Lying about the abuse or not, she deserves prison. She could have easily have told a teacher or a friends parents rather then tell some friends to beat him to death.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

If she is telling the truth about the abuse then I do feel bad for her, but it doesn't excuse the course of action she took.

i disagree strongly. if her father was sexually abusing her or worse, she has every right to kill him, and i would be cheering her on. because what he would have done is the sickest thing any father can do, and in my opinion any person who does that to a child deserves to die.

good on her, i say. its sad day for society when we lock the abused up and defend the abusers.

personally i think he probably did it. they're usually guilty, statistically.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by rapunzel222]

i think your tone is very moralistic. and yet unless you were sexually abused by your own father, how could you know the pain a child would suffer from this? and what right would you have to take a moralistic stance when someone who's been abused wants payback or to defend themselves.

you say 'two wrongs dont make a right'. well, what's wrong about what she did, if she was abused? all she did was stand up for herself, and defend herself. which many people would feel was justified if someone tried to assault them. in this case, if her own father assaulted her and caused her horrific emotional pain, who are you to judge her?
what HE did WAS wrong. he abused an innocent child. his own daughter and defiled her - if the molestation stuff is true. there's no worse crime than that in my book.

and if there is no christian god to punish people in the afterlife, where's his punishment going to come from? maybe what she did does make it right, for her. from the point of view of karma, he gets what he deserves and what he brought on himself - only not as bad as what he did to her..

people on here who would dispute a child's right to defend themselves against abuse or even to get payback for that abuse make me sick.

i think you should have a look at yourselves and hope it never happens to you, cuz then you might have more sympathy for people in society who are suffering worse than most people can even imagine.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapunzel222

i disagree strongly. if her father was sexually abusing her or worse, she has every right to kill him, and i would be cheering her on. because what he would have done is the sickest thing any father can do, and in my opinion any person who does that to a child deserves to die.

good on her, i say. its sad day for society when we lock the abused up and defend the abusers.

personally i think he probably did it. they're usually guilty, statistically.

idk. i can understand self-defense, and i did suffer some (fairly mild i guess) abuse from my stepfather growing up, but I do not think it warrants murder. What kind of society justifies hiring hitmen (basically) to take someone out? Now, if he was about to rape her or beat her with a baseball bat, and she shot him because she feared her life, that would be self-defense and imo she would deserve nothing but help. I still do think she needs help, and idk if prison would really help her, but I don't think what she did is right.

As for if the dad was innocent or guilty of what she said, I really don't know. I wouldn't be surprised at either. Child abuse is sadly so common and if we were going to kill every abusive parent we would be offing a good few percent of the population. I also know that my generation glorifies stuff like gang violence and this even includes the women in my generation.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by Donnie Darko]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

well, i dont care. if he was sexually abusing her, yeah; i say it does justify murder - by hte person they've done it to, anyway. these type of people get away with murder every day, and society doesnt lift a finger to stop them. then when some poor kid fights back, everyone takes a moral tone. no one knows what she may have suffered - if he was guilty - and what he may have done to her.

people make me sick. i am leaving this discussion, cuz its p...ing me off, as are the people on this thread.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

Did you get it all out or do need to edit a few more times to add to your rant?

A 90 minute jury deliberation backs my view on the subject. She broke the law and will now suffer the consequences. She not only ruined her life, but she drug somebody else in it who will most likely go to jail for the rest of his life.

If it wasn't for her this guy would not be facing prison. There is only her word of abuse to back her claim. No evidence has been found that it is true.

What is true is that she had her father killed.
What is true is that she ruined 3 lives.
Her fathers
Her own
The guy who did the murder

If her claim is true, then she could have easily have talked to several people and had her father punished. She chose to have another person kill him.

Not exactly standing up for herself is it?

The sad fact is that since she had him killed we will never know if he was guilty of child abuse. We do know that she is guilty though, don't we?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
No one should be considered accountable for things like this until your atleast 21. Not 18. It has been proven that the decision center of the brain is not fully developed until about 25 and nearly all developed at 21. Of course it would limit ALOT of rights for people in this age group including myself but i hate seeing kids getting the stick for things they have not done or being convicted for things that they havent done or had no idea what the heck it is they were doing.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I don't agree with the death penalty for anyone, even murderers who are old enough to drink, and I only support life in prison if there is a reason to think they might do it again.

Of course, a murderer should not "get off" - especially if they're over 21. They should still spend at minimum, 15 years in jail.

new topics

top topics

join