It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today's situation and Lord of the Rings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
In Lord of the Rings, the Dark Lord Sauron has a plan to kill or enslave every person on the planet. This can only be stopped by a common Hobbit, who is given a chance to defeat Sauron forever by throwing his precious One Ring into a volcano.

In Real Life, the New World Order has a plan to kill or enslave every person on the planet. This can only be stopped by the common Human, who is given a chance to defeat the New World Order by giving up his love of money and false faith in government.

In Lord of the Rings, a Fellowship representing all the different races of people in Middle-earth is necessary to finish the mission. One part of this was the friendship of Legolas and Gimli, which defied the hatred between the Elvish and Dwarven people (respectively).

In Real Life, we must become a Fellowship and work together and not hate each other if we want to defeat the New World Order and save our species and our environment.

In Lord of the Rings, half-Elven Arwen must choose between human mortality and elven immortality.

In Real Life, we may all be faced with this choice as we get closer to artificial immortality.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Can you elaborate on the artificial immortality? The last I heard anything about immortality was from an article where scientists were trying to stop dna from decaying but I haven't heard anything on the subject since.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
it's been found that the cause of aging is "free radicals" in our body that damage the DNA, also the replication of the DNA itself. if we used stem cells, we could recreate organs every now and then and combine it with anti-free radical supplements and people could live centuries and centuries or even millennia.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
it seems the epic fantasy is always symbolic of the universal human struggle between each other, and between the people and the government.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Well I think you're really reaching here, with this analogy you're trying to draw, but I'll go along with it - as long as I get to be Aragorn!

It's good to be the King!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I was debating with a friend from work, who is in the mindset that the "reptilians" are going to de populate the earth, and chip and enslave the rest of the survivors.
I wonder to what end. In LOTR, it was just for the sake of being the dark part of the balance, imo.

I wonder, with the NWO, etc...and that theory of depopulating..What is the ultimate goal?
I mean, I wake up, I follow a bunch of rules, and laws. I go to work, where I enforce and follow a bunch of rules and laws. (some of which I could do without), haha. But then, through consuming goods and services, essential things, food, gas, bla bla bla, I wind up giving a large part of my earnings to the "gov't". So does every other person, living within that box.

Aren't we already enslaved and willingly giving up a great deal to the gov't?
Why mess with such a perfect system?

I'm sorry, I kinda spun off topic a bit, man..I see what you are saying. There are a lot of movies that have symbolic parallelism to what we consider "real life".

new topics

top topics

join