It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 men endure Mars flight simulation experiment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

6 men endure Mars flight simulation experiment

news.yahoo.com

MOSCOW – Russian engineers broke a red wax seal and six men emerged from a metal hatch after 105 days of isolation in a mock spacecraft, still smiling after testing the stresses that space travelers may face on the journey to Mars.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Interesting article. I wonder how close we are to someone going to mars with actual humans. (If we haven't already) What was weird was when this first showed up in the yahoo news few minutes ago, upon clicking it I kept getting the network timeout error and the entire yahoo news server refused to work. All other links and sites worked fine. Makes me wonder if they had to edit something we weren't supposed to see. Paranoid? You bet.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
"This is nothing but a test for a long isolation of average people," a two-time cosmonaut Valentin Lebedev wrote in an opinion column published in the Sovietskaya Rossiya newspaper daily last month. "Such an experiment has only vague relation to understanding the possibility of interplanetary flight."

I have to agree with this statement.

One of the subjects said the hardest thing to over come was forgetting that this wasn't the real thing.

They didn't have to overcome being weightless for long periods of time or having to fix any problems that might occur themselves that might occur during a long voyage.

join