It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unusual Phenomena Listing - FBI

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
This may be a repost, but if it's not then I just wanted to point out as to why, if the government supposedly doesn't have a position on this, why is it on the FBI's website? Regardless if it's an "unusual phenomena", it's still there..

Unusual Phenomena - FBI

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I don't believe MAJESTIC 12, but after reading the FBI calling the story "completely bogus", makes me want to take another look at it.

If it was completely bogus, they wouldn't need to have a 22 page document about it on their website!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Someone probably wanted them to do something, so they launched investigations into it and posted their findings. Even if it isn't necessarily in the job description of an agent for the FBI, its far more efficient to use an existing agency such as the FBI instead of creating a whole new one.

So the government doesn't really have a stance on it. But someone prodded them enough to do something, probably a senator or something. And so they decided to launch an investigation...I bet whoever was assigned the task was more than happy to do it considering it is far more interesting than hunting down murderers and the like
!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

I've always been curious about Majestic 12, but was pretty confident it was a hoax. I've been reading through this report though and there's a few curious parts, perhaps someone can shed some light on them. I've never really read FBI communications like this, so I'm figuring it out as I go.

It seems like in September 1988 the OSI contacted the FBI to discern if this document was still classified. A few months later, on November 30, the OSI states that the document is a fabrication and the investigation is closed.

The document comes back to a couple of FBI Agents in 1991 and they immediately dismiss it as a hoax, but ask some contacts at the DOD if there is any interest in the 'unusual' document. They give a DOD source a synopsis of the document.

This is the interesting bit, 'based on DOD representations made to the SSA (Supervisory Special Agent) [name blacked out] which, incredibly, tended to buttress a portion of the document', the agents request more info from FBI HQ and get returned the above report from 88.

Anyone else find that strange? The other 13 pages just seem to be some of the pages from the document, reprinted with 'bogus' written across them. Seems like a pretty weird report.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TheStev

I find the entire thing strange, someone pointed out why would it be bogus and be on the FBI site, its not just that, if it is bogus like they are trying to ram into your brain by slapping it on every page then why are bits blacked out?

You don't black out pointless or 'bogus' information..

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
That is ridiculously cool OP. I am gonna try and shoot Mulder and Scully an email saying "I WANT TO BELIEVE!". 1600 pages of Unidentified Flying Saucer material. Wow. If it was explained away I would think they could at least have the good sense to change the title to "Identified Flying Objects" or "Explainable Flying Objects That We cannot Identify".

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
It seems that all the shackedowns set in motion on ATS and the demand from a select number of ATS user for more serious debat on it seems to have set soom wheels into motion.

Good, I'll have a look on the FBI files made public to see if I can find something familiar.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
On hindsight after reviewing the documents handeling project bluebook there are a few unusual things.

When looking at the sightings of unidentified objects the years 1952 seems to be an unusual year. While theere are three years spawning over the 1000 unidentified sightings, only 1952 has 303 unexplained sightings, more then 3 times that of any other year. While it can't be verified that soemthing happend in 1952 due to the actual blue book not being on this document, I would very much like to read about the actual reason given bij the FBI for this state. I could suspect the good old USSR but if that was the case then there should be a hightend number of those in multiple years or a lower number for 1952 since it was known it was the USSR. This is however, not seemingly the case.

Another one I would like to note, or rather ask the people of ATS here is who actually signed the documents for the re-opening of the Project Blue Book for civilian cases. It would seem that all references to the organisers name are blanked out and the manner of speaking (like the P.S. on the bottom of the letter) would suggest a higher up ranking person or at least a familiar with the then time U.S. president Bush senior. While this is less important information since it is just secret terrestrial information not directly relevant towards the investigation of U.F.O.s it would pay to mind who actually organised the new project blue book as to investigate the seriousness and possible alternative motives for the new project.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheStev
reply to post by breakingdradles

This is the interesting bit, 'based on DOD representations made to the SSA (Supervisory Special Agent) [name blacked out] which, incredibly, tended to buttress a portion of the document', the agents request more info from FBI HQ and get returned the above report from 88.

I agree TheStev. Something very odd here. The DOD found something in the "majestic-12" document accurate. Otherwise why would it say DOD reps talked to SSA and "buttressed" a "portion" of this document. Incredibly, this means that some of the information in that document is accurate, irregardless of the FBI doing everything possible to label it a complete "bogus" hoax. Definitely something to this. Anyone else have further research on this?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Black Ops
if the government supposedly doesn't have a position on this, why is it on the FBI's website? Regardless if it's an "unusual phenomena", it's still there..

Unusual Phenomena - FBI

See the header on the url? It's foia Freedom Of Information Act material.
People may have requested info the FBI had on it, or may be able to get on a topic or subject.

This link is in reference to those foia requests, for example;

MAJESTIC 12
22 pages
Subject concerns an FBI inquiry into a possible unauthorized disclosure of classified information when a document marked "Top Secret" was made public. The investigation was closed after it was learned that the document was completely bogus.
Majestic 12 1/12/98

aka FBI zero/0 files for actual Xfiles stuff.
link

[edit on 16-7-2009 by ADVISOR]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
When looking deeper into the 'Project Blue Book' case and making parallels with the year 1952 there is one thing that grabs the mind. It grabs me so much that I would like to note it here.
As stated accfording to project Blue Book 1952 had over 1500 unidentified sightings from which 303 where deemed unsolved.

Noticably, almost asif to highlight this specific year is an incident i read very little about here on ATS. It handles the case of the 1952 UFO incident above Washington D.C.

en.wikipedia.org...

Appearendly, this case is unsolved and was on a very rare turn of events made public from the original Blue Book incident recordings back then.

Ofcourse, I have no proof but if I was sought to find a reason, Roswell happend five years earlier, it could be that someone up there might have searched for their buddies from 1948. ofcourse, for the same thing it could have be the stance of the planets or cosmic radiation.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by AncientShade]

top topics

join