It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO captured on film at Harborough UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   

UFO captured on film at Harborough UK

www.harboroughmail.co.uk

A MYSTERIOUS object flying in the skies above Harborough has been captured on film.Robin Maughan shot the footage from Western Avenue park at about 10pm last night.Mr Maughan was listening to his iPod while jogging in the park when he saw a light moving across the night sky."The light was like a big yellow flame, flickering from harsh blinding to soft gentle light. I took my headphones out to hear for an engine or something but there was no sound at all.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16-7-2009 by WhiteWash]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Very interesting video and News story. The news story has the video embedded but I also found a duplicate on youtube.
Seems pretty interesting although as always it's so hard to say with videos these days. It seems noteworthy but without more data such as analysis of the original video it is hard to determine.

www.harboroughmail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

Closeup still of object
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/993724bc5cbe.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 16-7-2009 by WhiteWash]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Another lantern? Flicker? Hum...

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Definitely looks like it could be a lantern, I've seen a couple of those recently in my area.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Hmmm, I don't know.

Looks like a plane to me.

CX

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I thought lantern first off, but to be honest, i've never seen one in real life so i can't be sure.

Plus, doesn't it look a little big to be a lantern? It's a fair way off, yet still looks big enough to be videoed well enough on a camera.

Great footage, i'd imagine if the guy was out jogging, this would have been taken on a camera phone, in which case i think he did a great job.

CX.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I live about 10 miles east of Harborough.
At the start of the video clip you can see the object above the sun, therefore they must be looking west, so the object must be travelling North West. The sun does seem a bit high for 10pm, I think it maybe nearer 9:30pm.

I think it's an aircraft with it's anti collision lights on, which then are turned off.

Within 60 miles there are Stansted, Luton, Birmingham and East Midlands airports, which are all major airports. These airports also have a lot of freight from couriers such as Fedex and DHL travelling at night.

Actually I was out at 9:50pm on Monday and I saw an object to the West travelling South. It had lots of bright lights including a bright white light at the front, which I thought was odd. Once it flew nearer I could see it was a Chinook helicopter.

Perhaps it was that helicopter they filmed going the other way?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
It is the lights of a plane. You can even detect the red flashing.

Heaven's above, why is evey light a UFO.

Regards

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
BOW DOWN TO YOUR ALIEN OVERLORDS!

Or, maybe it's a plane filmed in less than perfect lighting conditions on a cellphone camera?

Man i swear people are getting dumber by the day. This actually made it to press somewhere without somebody noticing that it's just a blurry aircraft video?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Yeah i would go with the airplane theory too as it does have red flashing light on it and seems to be behaving like one.
Fairly sure its no lantern though, or for that matter a ufo - but you never know with footage like this.

top topics

join